Daniel Jeremiah for GM

Ray75

657CC09F-1C60-4F49-8D78-9C920792D7A2.jpeg

Jeremiah was a starting quarterback at Northeastern Louisiana in 1997 and Appalachian State from 1998 to 2000.

He was a college scout with the Baltimore Ravens, Cleveland Browns, and Philadelphia Eagles.

Jeremiah joined the NFL Network in May 2012. While his focus and expertise are on the draft, he appears on the network 2-3 times a week and writes 3 columns a week on NFL.com.

Football mind, great talent evaluator and senior draft analyst at NFL.com, Mike Mayock’s heir.

Eagles have shown interest in him before and it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s Lurie’s No.1 target if/when he parts ways with Howie.

• Like 3

I'd bring him back as a scout/head of talent evaluation or as a GM that doesn't handle contracts and have a Howie type assist in contracts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 20dawk4life said:

I'd bring him back as a scout/head of talent evaluation or as a GM that doesn't handle contracts and have a Howie type assist in contracts. 

I just think keeping Howie around is such a mistake. He'll worm his way back in. The fact that he'd still be around would be such a potential distraction for the new guy. 

• Like 2

Howie's strengths in negotiating trades and nickel and diming on value free agents is simply not enough to compensate for the poor drafting over the years.

We need to draft better, plain and simple. Daniel Jeremiah would be awesome if Lurie is open minded enough to bring him in.

Side note: no one in the media ever brings up Pittsburgh as one of the best drafting teams in the league, but they are consistently able to replace players in house without going crazy in free agency. The media always hypes up Baltimore and New England but Pittsburgh belongs in that convo. Eagles should consider poaching someone from that front office if they can't land someone else from the Ravens FO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Howie's strengths in negotiating trades and nickel and diming on value free agents is simply not enough to compensate for the poor drafting over the years.

We need to draft better, plain and simple. Daniel Jeremiah would be awesome if Lurie is open minded enough to bring him in.

Side note: no one in the media ever brings up Pittsburgh as one of the best drafting teams in the league, but they are consistently able to replace players in house without going crazy in free agency. The media always hypes up Baltimore and New England but Pittsburgh belongs in that convo. Eagles should consider poaching someone from that front office if they can't land someone else from the Ravens FO.

Steelers definitely belong in the conversation but are run by the Rooney family. An identity that has been there for generations. Can’t copy paste that easily and it will be nearly Impossible to lure someone important away there.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2020 at 4:21 AM, Ray75 said:

657CC09F-1C60-4F49-8D78-9C920792D7A2.jpeg

Jeremiah was a starting quarterback at Northeastern Louisiana in 1997 and Appalachian State from 1998 to 2000.

He was a college scout with the Baltimore Ravens, Cleveland Browns, and Philadelphia Eagles.

Jeremiah joined the NFL Network in May 2012. While his focus and expertise are on the draft, he appears on the network 2-3 times a week and writes 3 columns a week on NFL.com.

Football mind, great talent evaluator and senior draft analyst at NFL.com, Mike Mayock’s heir.

Eagles have shown interest in him before and it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s Lurie’s No.1 target if/when he parts ways with Howie.

Can he bring Marc Ross with him who used to work as a scout for the Eagles & Giants and is now at the NFL Network as well.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think this would be such a potentially good move...

So your saying there is a zero chance then?

6 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

So your saying there is a zero chance then?

Oh there is zero chance. Howie will remain in position.

6 hours ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

someone send this post to Lurie please so this can happen 

Howie is on this board so I'm sure he's seen... he'll be in Lurie’s ear to make sure this doesn't happen. 

Daniel Jeremiah would have got us Yannick from the Vikings for a third and whatever :furious:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Daniel Jeremiah would have got us Yannick from the Vikings for a third and whatever :furious:

Yeah he really would have. Dang!

I don't know if he's ready for such a big promotion. He was only a scout. Director of college scouting under a new GM? Yeah, give him a shot.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

Anyone can be better than Howie.

Quite literally anyone! I still give a small vote for @Ray75. I do think he would be a much better GM than Howie. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Quite literally anyone! I still give a small vote for @Ray75. I do think he would be a much better GM than Howie. 

Sorry, Mr. Lurie but I have to decline! 

Don’t want a job like that. I’m fine here!

2 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Sorry, Mr. Lurie but I have to decline! 

Don’t want a job like that. I’m fine here!

Don't want a job like that? Why don't you want to be the Eagles GM?