Penei Sewell (Oregon OT) -- DRAFTED BY DETROIT #7

Godfather

Barring a trade up, no point in discussing Sewell to Philly. Every team picking ahead of the Eagles would have a strong reason to draft Sewell, minus Jaguars obviously. 

35 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Barring a trade up, no point in discussing Sewell to Philly. Every team picking ahead of the Eagles would have a strong reason to draft Sewell, minus Jaguars obviously. 

I could see a scenario, where the first 4 go a different way and then someone trades for the Bengals pick. I would agree it's not likely, but it's not impossible he is there at 6 either.

• Like 2

Here's a realistic scenario in which Sewell falls to Philly:

Jaguars - Trevor Lawrence QB

Jets - Justin Fields QB

Dolphins - DeVonta Smith WR

Falcons - Zach Wilson QB

Bengals - JaMarr Chase WR

Eagles - Penei Sewell OT

Yes, most of those top 5 teams can certainly use a top flight OT to shore up their OL, but some may elect to go with their franchise QB of the future and others may want to add a stud WR for their 1st round QB from last year.

• Like 2

Just now, eaglesfan0075 said:

Here's a realistic scenario in which Sewell falls to Philly:

Jaguars - Trevor Lawrence QB

Jets - Justin Fields QB

Dolphins - DeVonta Smith WR

Falcons - Zach Wilson QB

Bengals - JaMarr Chase WR

Eagles - Penei Sewell OT

Yes, most of those top 5 teams can certainly use a top flight OT to shore up their OL, but some may elect to go with their franchise QB of the future and others may want to add a stud WR for their 1st round QB from last year.

I mean that could play out... No doubt about it but I'd suspect both the Dolphins and Bungles will want to protect their young potential franchise QBs? Especially Burrows after that injury. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean that could play out... No doubt about it but I'd suspect both the Dolphins and Bungles will want to protect their young potential franchise QBs? Especially Burrows after that injury. 

Yeah, I think the scenario in which Sewell falls to 6 is less likely than a scenario in which one of the top 2 WRs is still on the board is available at 6.

If the Dolphins pass on Sewell, it would be tough for the Bengals to also pass on him. Even with AJ Green on the decline, the Bengals still have a solid WR duo in Tee Higgins and Tyler Boyd. The Dolphins at least have DeVante Parker and some promising role players at WR that can justify them going OT in the first as well.

The Eagles don't have the same luxury as Reagor is still unproven, JJAW is a bust, and guys like Greg Ward and Travis Fulgham are more role players than primary WR options.

• Like 1

He won’t be there at 6. I actually believe the Jets could take him at 2, and if they don’t he’ll either go 3 to Miami or 5 to Cinci. Both teams with young QBs they need to protect. 

On 1/5/2021 at 6:19 AM, Dwide Schrude said:

I don’t think Sewell will be available. There is a reason bad teams are bad, though.

IF he’s available, then he’s clearly the pick, right?

6 hours ago, SBorBust said:

I don’t think Sewell will be available. There is a reason bad teams are bad, though.

IF he’s available, then he’s clearly the pick, right?

I think so, yeah. The only way I wouldn’t take him is if a video of Trevor Lawrence smoking weed in a gas mask pops up on draft night & he’s there at 6. I’d be fine with moving on from Dillard who's still unproven and several years older for a guy like Sewell. But again, I think there’s a 1% chance for him to be there at 6. 

If Sewell miraculously is there at 6, he’s absolutely my pick. Him, Lane, Mailata and Dillard is a hell of a problem to have. He will absolutely be a stud at LT for the next decade. 

With Saleh being hired by the Jets, I am convinced they will be sticking with Sam Darnold. With that in mind, Sewell will likely be the pick. Or the Jets trade down.

On 1/16/2021 at 3:34 AM, philafan4o8 said:

With Saleh being hired by the Jets, I am convinced they will be sticking with Sam Darnold. With that in mind, Sewell will likely be the pick. Or the Jets trade down.

Here is the worst scenario for Eaglez

1. Jags: Lawrence

2. Jets: Sewell

3. Dolohins: Smith

4. Falcons: Fields

5. Bengals: Chase

if I’m the eagles, I’m looking to auction the next pick for whoever wants to come up and get Wilson/Lance. Whilst I’d prefer a premium talent, if the board fell that way the package from one of the Lions, Panthers, Broncos, 49ers, Pats - could end up being the best value 

• Sad 1

On 1/12/2021 at 10:46 PM, Dwide Schrude said:

I think so, yeah. The only way I wouldn’t take him is if a video of Trevor Lawrence smoking weed in a gas mask pops up on draft night & he’s there at 6. I’d be fine with moving on from Dillard who's still unproven and several years older for a guy like Sewell. But again, I think there’s a 1% chance for him to be there at 6. 

If we got Sewell we'd try and move Lane for cap space and picks rather than move on from Dillard would be my guess. Mailata is good enough to compete at starting tackle and either he or Dillard is good enough as a solid back up, Lane is worth one last ride on a team that needs a top end tackle to compete.

• Like 1

Sewell is an Ogden level prospect, if he is there at #6, you run to the podium to draft him.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 9/26/2020 at 12:17 PM, Godfather said:

Probably the best oline prospect in the draft. 19 years old. Get younger and healthier at the oline position

Not the sexiest pick, but you rebuild starting with both lines as needed. I wouldn't even be mad. Of course, Lowie loves them some QB parts for their factory...

3 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

I can't imagine he will be available at #6. 

I think he ends up in Cincy. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, time2rock said:

I think he ends up in Cincy. 

I think there's very little doubt there bud. I mean stranger things have of course happened but it just seems too obvious. Talk of him being a generational prospect and Cincy need an OT and to better protect Burrows.

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think there's very little doubt there bud. I mean stranger things have of course happened but it just seems too obvious. Talk of him being a generational prospect and Cincy need an OT and to better protect Burrows.

Yeah, like I said: The most plausible scenario that he is there at six is not that the Bengals wouldn't pick him, but another team trading up to five for a QB.

On 1/20/2021 at 3:29 AM, D-Shiznit said:

Sewell is an Ogden level prospect, if he is there at #6, you run to the podium to draft him.

Close this thread. Nothing else needs to be added. Best post on this topic

he wont be on the board. But if there is run on QBs early and he slips, its hard to ignore him as the pick. He will be the default best player available at a premium position. I would do it, its not sexy, but its stupid to pass up on a foundational piece.

• Like 2

Jets are the key, they may keep Darnold just because he’s now had 3 coaches in 3 years, plus, is Wilson or Fields really an upgrade?   
 Burrow may be pushing for Chase since they played together in college. They could find a tackle in the 2nd round, (Cosmi) not on Sewell’s level, but pretty darn good. 

Bengals would be stupid to not draft sewell if he is still on the board at #5. If Sewell is there at #6 Eagles take Sewell no questions about it. BPA at #6 in any scenario unless Trevor Lawrence falls (which will not happen). It would pain me to see them draft Sewell over the WRs but it is what it is

• Like 1

17 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

Bengals would be stupid to not draft sewell if he is still on the board at #5. If Sewell is there at #6 Eagles take Sewell no questions about it. BPA at #6 in any scenario unless Trevor Lawrence falls (which will not happen). It would pain me to see them draft Sewell over the WRs but it is what it is

How if after all the releases and restructures, we get into good CAP shape and do this:

- Draft Sewel (If available)

- Sign Juju Smith Shuster (or whatever his name is)

An offense led by Hurts, with a decent line, running game led by Miles Sanders, WRs:: Fulgham, Shuster, Reagor  on the outside and Goedert on the inside is a very good offense. 

If we can pull of the above, we shouldn't feel bad about not drafting a WR with our first pick...

9 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

How if after all the releases and restructures, we get into good CAP shape and do this:

- Draft Sewel (If available)

- Sign Juju Smith Shuster (or whatever his name is)

No chance Juju comes here to much $$, Raiders supposedly are prepared to offer 14 million and the Jets are already projected to offer him 17 million a year to come play with Darnold if Pittsburgh doesnt try to retain him. Both Sewel and Juju will be Jets imo.