• Seattle
    • @Green Bay
    • New Orleans
    • @Arizona
    • @Dallas
    • Washington
    • aint gonna happen ..... 0-15-1

3 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I'm sticking by my prediction that the Eagles will start playing good football in October, so I have this game as well. I don't expect the EMB grumbling to stop anytime soon, but I think the Eagles are going to find ways to win games now. They should have a grasp by now on what to do to not win. 

Expecting the grumbling on the EMB to stop is like expecting the bickering between those supporting Democrats and those supporting Republicans to stop immediately following the election.  :lol:

53 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I'm sticking by my prediction that the Eagles will start playing good football in October, so I have this game as well. I don't expect the EMB grumbling to stop anytime soon, but I think the Eagles are going to find ways to win games now. They should have a grasp by now on what to do to not win. 

you are too optimistic. Considering how bad our O line is..We may end up 2-13-1, or 3-12-1 at best. I do not see the our first win until the Giants, and other than Giants every single team on the roster is fielding better teams than the Eagles. bad year...but hopefully high draft picks next year, which would have been a conciliation if Howie was not there.

50 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Expecting the grumbling on the EMB to stop is like expecting the bickering between those supporting Democrats and those supporting Republicans to stop immediately following the election.  :lol:

When I think of the state of the Eagles, I am reminded of the quote from Wall Street, :"A dog with fleas". There is no point to bickering which flea is the worst, but the fact is fleas are still there.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Traveler Vic said:

you are too optimistic. Considering how bad our O line is..We may end up 2-13-1, or 3-12-1 at best. I do not see the our first win until the Giants, and other than Giants every single team on the roster is fielding better teams than the Eagles. bad year...but hopefully high draft picks next year, which would have been a conciliation if Howie was not there.

If all we do from here on out is pass 75% of the offensive plays, then I suppose line troubles will hinder us (assuming no player improves at all the rest of the season). I have a suspicion that the Eagles have seen this type of struggle on offense as recently as last year and know what the fix is. As hard as Doug tried to allow Wentz and the offense to pass their way out of their passing funk, once again, he is reminded that is not the answer. We have to achieve a reasonable balance on offense between the run and the pass. The line isn't really struggling in the run game, but has seen most of its issues when passing. A stronger commitment to running the football is the best solution to jump start this stuttering offense. It also doesn't make much sense to continue to force the passing game when you are missing Jeffery, Reagor, Goedert, DJax together for extended stretches of the game. 

So we can lean on the running game for awhile, buy a little time for some of our offensive weapons to get healthy, win games (even if they are ugly wins) and get the team back on track. I think our defense is beginning to come together. It's not perfect either, but the line was much improved with Barnett and Hargrave having an additional week of practice and getting involved. Sweat is a promising young talent getting work and Graham is earning his salary even though many here don't appreciate him because he's "old."

Finally, I'm not going to sit here and claim the Eagles will be favored to win all the games left on our schedule, but I don't see any unbeatable teams on it. This team can play better than they have. So I'm also not going to sit here and pretend that we can't beat anybody "except maybe the giants." 

6 hours ago, brkmsn said:

If all we do from here on out is pass 75% of the offensive plays, then I suppose line troubles will hinder us (assuming no player improves at all the rest of the season). I have a suspicion that the Eagles have seen this type of struggle on offense as recently as last year and know what the fix is. As hard as Doug tried to allow Wentz and the offense to pass their way out of their passing funk, once again, he is reminded that is not the answer. We have to achieve a reasonable balance on offense between the run and the pass. The line isn't really struggling in the run game, but has seen most of its issues when passing. A stronger commitment to running the football is the best solution to jump start this stuttering offense. It also doesn't make much sense to continue to force the passing game when you are missing Jeffery, Reagor, Goedert, DJax together for extended stretches of the game. 

So we can lean on the running game for awhile, buy a little time for some of our offensive weapons to get healthy, win games (even if they are ugly wins) and get the team back on track. I think our defense is beginning to come together. It's not perfect either, but the line was much improved with Barnett and Hargrave having an additional week of practice and getting involved. Sweat is a promising young talent getting work and Graham is earning his salary even though many here don't appreciate him because he's "old."

Finally, I'm not going to sit here and claim the Eagles will be favored to win all the games left on our schedule, but I don't see any unbeatable teams on it. This team can play better than they have. So I'm also not going to sit here and pretend that we can't beat anybody "except maybe the giants." 

Other teams know that we have no passing offense and they will double Ertz and fill the box. After several failing attempts DP always goes back to throwing because this is what the opposing defense gives him..and this is where we are vulnerable. I wish I could be optimistic that we can rely on the ground game as much as you but I would have to see an effort on DP part. When it comes to passing... how many times have we seen pathetic Wentz attempts to force the ball into the crowd of defenders, and DP not making any adjustments. Our defense may improve if we figure out the LB situation, but our offense is still stuck in the funk. Until that changes..our schedule, other than the Giants, does not look good.

I started the year thinking 9-7. After the WFT game I thought maybe 8-8. After the Rams game I thought 7-9. The Bengals game has dropped me to 5-11. Tops. 

There's just not enough talent, depth, or hunger on this team. Too many old guys collecting too much money. Too much complacency. The house cleaning is going to start soon. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, wyote said:

I started the year thinking 9-7. After the WFT game I thought maybe 8-8. After the Rams game I thought 7-9. The Bengals game has dropped me to 5-11. Tops. 

There's just not enough talent, depth, or hunger on this team. Too many old guys collecting too much money. Too much complacency. The house cleaning is going to start soon. 

Think you need to re-evaluate again bud. 5 wins? I just can't see it. Will you drop that to 4 wins after the SF game?

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Think you need to re-evaluate again bud. 5 wins? I just can't see it. Will you drop that to 4 wins after the SF game?

Not unless it's a lot worse than I expect it to be. If they beat SF, maybe I revise it up to 6. 

6 minutes ago, wyote said:

Not unless it's a lot worse than I expect it to be. If they beat SF, maybe I revise it up to 6. 

If they beat SF... I mean sure stranger things have happened but ummm not happening.

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

If they beat SF... I mean sure stranger things have happened but ummm not happening.

So I won't revise it down unless, say, another major player gets seriously hurt. 

9 hours ago, wyote said:

1 hour ago, wyote said:

So I won't revise it down unless, say, another major player gets seriously hurt. 

But you revised it after the WFT loss, then the Rams loss and then by 2 after the Bengals loss...

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But you revised it after the WFT loss, then the Rams loss and then by 2 after the Bengals loss...

Because seeing those games changed my opinion of the team. Seeing them lose to SF won't, unless it's even worse than I expect. 

5 hours ago, wyote said:

Because seeing those games changed my opinion of the team. Seeing them lose to SF won't, unless it's even worse than I expect. 

What even though SF have an injury list as long as ours? And probably to more of their key players?

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

What even though SF have an injury list as long as ours? And probably to more of their key players?

I'm still expecting the Eagles to lose. A close game would be a pleasant surprise. 

2 hours ago, wyote said:

I'm still expecting the Eagles to lose. A close game would be a pleasant surprise. 

A close game would show some fight and heart from this team!

Do they play any College teams? They could beat a college team. Right?

guess they will probably beat the Giants. 

I had them as an 8-8 team prior to the season. They then lose 2 games they should have won. I drop them to 6-10. The injuries mount and the Coaching and QB stink right now. I drop them again to a  4-11-1 team. Somehow someway they will need to win a few games that on paper they should lose. Duh, I know.

I chose the Vagiants game, but I honestly don’t feel all that comfortable about my choice.

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I chose the Vagiants game, but I honestly don’t feel all that comfortable about my choice.

They’ll beat someone before then.  Hopefully more than one team (**knock on wood**).  

• Like 1

I went for the first Giants game but not with any real enthusiasm, the truth of it is that if we can't find a way to stumble past what is a godawful Giants this year we really are staring down the barrel of a winless season, because if a team from New York isn't the worst in the NFL this year, the team that loses to one of them surely is.

1 hour ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I went for the first Giants game but not with any real enthusiasm, the truth of it is that if we can't find a way to stumble past what is a godawful Giants this year we really are staring down the barrel of a winless season, because if a team from New York isn't the worst in the NFL this year, the team that loses to one of them surely is.

We’ll take at least one of those, but it’ll be a struggle for sure. We just have to hope Lurie is paying attention and doesn’t delude himself into thinking injuries and a pandemic affected off season are the only causes. 

19 hours ago, time2rock said:

They’ll beat someone before then.  Hopefully more than one team (**knock on wood**).  

I think you’re being a little optimistic here bud. This is a bad and injury prone football team. The NFL has a better chance of canceling the season before the Eagles get their first win. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

I think you’re being a little optimistic here bud. This is a bad and injury prone football team. The NFL has a better chance of canceling the season before the Eagles get their first win. 

Hey man, we didn’t lose last weekend!  Don’t you be trying to stomp on my blind optimism!  :lol:

• Haha 1