Colts trade for Wentz before Trade Deadline?

Wallyhorse

Was listening to a promo for Max Kellerman's show on the ESPN Radio national feed (the first hour of which also airs in New York on 98.7) and in that snippet, Kellerman suggested that if Philip Rivers does not work out for the Colts, he can see the Colts looking to make a trade with the Eagles for Wentz because Frank Reich is there.  I could see that happening because not only is Reich there but the Eagles do have Jalen Hurts, who could then take over.as the quarterback. 

If the Colts did come calling for Wentz, what would you want the Colts to give up? 

• Haha 1

I’d think Foles would be more of a trade target for Indy than Wentz.  :ph34r:

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

Was listening to a promo for Max Kellerman's show on the ESPN Radio national feed (the first hour of which also airs in New York on 98.7) and in that snippet, Kellerman suggested that if Philip Rivers does not work out for the Colts, he can see the Colts looking to make a trade with the Eagles for Wentz because Frank Reich is there.  I could see that happening because not only is Reich there but the Eagles do have Jalen Hurts, who could then take over.as the quarterback. 

If the Colts did come calling for Wentz, what would you want the Colts to give up? 

8 1st rounders and a 3rd in 2022.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 315Eagles said:

8 1st rounders and a 3rd in 2022.

But I'm drawing a hard line in the sand if they don't throw in that 3rd.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Wallyhorse back to his usual........a 1 star post

I was surprised his reasoning for the trade didn't have something to do with time zones or flexed game scheduling in the 2nd half of the season.  

23 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

Peyton Manning. 

36 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

Stop right there

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Colts are not trading for a QB mid season /thread. 

But Wally consulted with his sources and local law makers.

Just now, downundermike said:

But Wally consulted with his sources and local law makers.

Did he check to see if Wentz's wife wants to go to the colts? She might be the bell of the ball here

5 minutes ago, MeccaDon123 said:

5 1sts for Wentz, Ghost, Nolan Patrick and an AHL player to be named later

Plus cash 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hputenis said:

But I'm drawing a hard line in the sand if they don't throw in that 3rd.  

Ok, Ok, Ok.......we'll send them an additional 7th in 2025.

15 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

The cap hit would be well over $50 million and closer to $80 million. If they trade him after next year it's more manageable but still $30 million. He's not going anywhere for a few years.

On 10/1/2020 at 9:07 PM, Wallyhorse said:

Patrick Mahomes and Andy Reid....... 

On 10/2/2020 at 1:04 PM, Wolves111 said:

The cap hit would be well over $50 million and closer to $80 million. If they trade him after next year it's more manageable but still $30 million. He's not going anywhere for a few years.

I was only noting what Kellerman said.  Obviously he didn't realize the cap hit nor did I. 

That salary cap does wonders.