Colts trade for Wentz before Trade Deadline?

Wallyhorse

On 10/1/2020 at 9:07 PM, Wallyhorse said:

Was listening to a promo for Max Kellerman's show on the ESPN Radio national feed (the first hour of which also airs in New York on 98.7) and in that snippet, Kellerman suggested that if Philip Rivers does not work out for the Colts, he can see the Colts looking to make a trade with the Eagles for Wentz because Frank Reich is there.  I could see that happening because not only is Reich there but the Eagles do have Jalen Hurts, who could then take over.as the quarterback. 

If the Colts did come calling for Wentz, what would you want the Colts to give up? 

Not realistic especially with the contract. I’d take a 2 although not sure he’s worth that much to be honest 

1 hour ago, Vman1968 said:

Not realistic especially with the contract. I’d take a 2 although not sure he’s worth that much to be honest 

A 2? For Wentz? I'd like to think we'd get more than that. I think there are coaches around the league who would think they could get him back to 2017 Wentz. Hell Bradford fetched us a first. 

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

A 2? For Wentz? I'd like to think we'd get more than that. I think there are coaches around the league who would think they could get him back to 2017 Wentz. Hell Bradford fetched us a first. 

I would say at least the same 1st and 4th the Eagles got for Bradford.  And Bradford did give the Vikings a full season in an emergency after Bridgewater went down before he was injured in the season-opening game the following year. 

4 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

I would say at least the same 1st and 4th the Eagles got for Bradford.  And Bradford did give the Vikings a full season in an emergency after Bridgewater went down before he was injured in the season-opening game the following year. 

Yeah I'd say so. Wentz has more to offer a team than Bradford did. Let's not down play the importance to teams of being a former first round pick. 

I want you first this year, next year, and David dam Putney. 

• 4 weeks later...

Wentz     QBR  74.3     ypa  6.3    comp .586*

Rivers      QBR   93        ypa   8.1    comp. .687

Maybe we should ask for a straight trade?

* 4th lowest completion rate of all starting QBs.

Rivers would be decapitated within the first half of his first game if he played behind this injured line and had to wait 5+ seconds for his receivers to create separation.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/4/2020 at 8:21 PM, Wallyhorse said:

You guys still feel this way?  The guy is clear and away the worst QB in the league. He’s lost and gets worse every week.  I’d give him away at this point if there weren’t contract ramifications.  The guy is a good person but he’s one of the STUPIDEST players to play QB ever.  

I stopped reading after Max Kellerman. He makes Stephen A. Smith sound like a genius. The Colts are good enough with Rivers. Even so, no one is going to trade for a quarterback who is at his lowest point. The best you can hope for is that Wentz somehow pulls himself out of a rut and finishes strong the rest of the year. They'll keep him next year because of the cap, but I can see them going with Hurts if Wentz shows zero improvement in 2021.