The Good, the bad and the ugly: week 4 at 49ERS

e-a-g-l-e-s eagles!

I like bringing in Hurts to run some some RPOs. The snap/fumble was on Kelce. He had an off night snapping, he's gonna bounce back. 

The attemtped throw back to Wentz was too obvious to me and the niners. Thankfully Hurts is quick enough to make a positive play out of that. 

I hate NRC and Leblanc needs to play over him now. 

I think Wallace will be a good player but he was going to be abused by Kittle this game. All of our DBs/LBs were because he's the best TE in the NFL. 

That dime Wentz dropped to Fulgham was the best over the shoulder deep ball tracking I've seen from a wr not named Desean Jackson in an eagles jersey in 3 years or so. He ran decent routes nothing to brag about but he looked like a natural receiver out there. Hopefully he continues to improve. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dweedlebug said:

4. Kittle destroys the Eagles

I'm pretty sure any team with a TE with even half the skill of Kittle is going to have a career game against us.  Our LB corps is just dreadful.

Yup...Washington TE who used to be a QB had a TD playing against our lbs.

This season I had just come here to read your breakdown of the game, but this is the first time I've enjoyed reading it 😅. Not that it was your fault, it just felt awful reliving the horrible performance of our team. We needed this. I hope you enjoyed more writing it as well. 

• Like 1

I always look forward to these well written write ups and you never fail to deliver. You have hit, as usual, on all points. One thing I kept wondering was: WHY isn't Ertz putting up numbers like Kittle?? He is most certainly capable but I think that contract situation is even more than we think it is. Kittle looked fantastic and unstoppable last night. Ertz? Not so much and I like putting him up there WITH Kittle and Kelce but last night he was non existent....as has been the case the rest of this season. The Eagles FO needs to do something about this situation....

Oh and where was Sanders? I was wondering that same thing last night and then I found this: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/surprising-reason-miles-sanders-wasnt-174239181.html

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

I always look forward to these well written write ups and you never fail to deliver. You have hit, as usual, on all points. One thing I kept wondering was: WHY isn't Ertz putting up numbers like Kittle?? He is most certainly capable but I think that contract situation is even more than we think it is. Kittle looked fantastic and unstoppable last night. Ertz? Not so much and I like putting him up there WITH Kittle and Kelce but last night he was non existent....as has been the case the rest of this season. The Eagles FO needs to do something about this situation....

Oh and where was Sanders? I was wondering that same thing last night and then I found this: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/surprising-reason-miles-sanders-wasnt-174239181.html

Honestly Doug’s reasoning is beyond stupid. I’m not putting clement or Scott out there with the game on the line and sanders as my best player and best back able to find and hit a hole for a first down to win the game. It’s beyond ridiculous. This is trying to be the smartest person in the room meanwhile you just look stupid in taking off your best weapon off the field in the most critical point in time.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Honestly Doug’s reasoning is beyond stupid. I’m not putting clement or Scott out there with the game on the line and sanders as my best player and best back able to find and hit a hole for a first down to win the game. It’s beyond ridiculous. This is trying to be the smartest person in the room meanwhile you just look stupid in taking off your best weapon off the field in the most critical point in time.  

Totally agreed. It is beyond stupid, just like you stated....

Good read, as always. 

In terms of the 3rd/4th down efficiency...didn't Wentz hit Hightower on a 4th down play? 

Not saying they did well, I'm just trying to remember.

3 hours ago, Swoop said:

Good read, as always. 

In terms of the 3rd/4th down efficiency...didn't Wentz hit Hightower on a 4th down play? 

Not saying they did well, I'm just trying to remember.

It was thats my bad i thought it was third down