Weekly line thread: Eagles +7.5 at Steelers

Hawkeye

Eagles getting a touchdown and then some at most books.   Steelers are 2-1 ATS (3-0 SU) and coming off a bye week after COVID postponed their game against Tennessee this week.  Tough spot for the Birds.

Steelers -7.5
Over/Under 46

Hmm interesting... See that line gives me a little pause. The Steelers don't wow me or scare me. 

Don't get me wrong they are the better team but they don't worry me. I think we can go in there and win so giving us more than a TD...

11 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Hmm interesting... See that line gives me a little pause. The Steelers don't wow me or scare me. 

Don't get me wrong they are the better team but they don't worry me. I think we can go in there and win so giving us more than a TD...

The Eagles could get Jeffrey and Jackson back this week.  That opens things up offensively. 46 seems a little short. 

Just now, Hawkeye said:

The Eagles could get Jeffrey and Jackson back this week.  That opens things up offensively. 46 seems a little short. 

Umm... I'd rather they didn't. This offense seems to function better without them. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Umm... I'd rather they didn't. This offense seems to function better without them. 

What games have you been watching?

3 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

What games have you been watching?

The 4 at the end of last year? The game on Sunday night compared to the previous 3 weeks. 

After four games you should be performing at your game level. I do hope that the 2020 effect 

has messed with the Eagles because their PFFs are not going to take them anywhere. 

13 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

Eagles are now getting only 7 and the total is down to 44.

See 7 makes it really tricky. I could see us losing by a TD that comes down to the last seconds. 7.5 gives that little bit more of a cushion. 

Lane, Kelce and Herbig were all at best limited in practice Yesterday, if we're down to whoever's behind Herbig on Sunday we aren't beating the Steelers with offense (even with him it's ard to make a strong case).  I also see McLeod didn't practice Yesterday with a hammy injury along with 2 of the other 4 safeties on the roster (and we moved Mills back to corner to cover injuries),  so we may be struggling to stop them scoring as well. They've not had much of a challenge so far in their schedule but their defensive stats reflect that and besides our strongest test was a 49ers with no corners and a back up QB so that's pretty much a wash.

They've had a long week to gameplan, our secondary is awful, their receivers are the best we've faced to date this season and their running game is good enough to keep the defense honest, all things considered I see the Steelers by more than a touchdown, sorry.

Steelers defense will present a lot of matchup problems and their offense won't have Nate Mullens under center, unfortunately. 

On 10/5/2020 at 1:33 PM, Hawkeye said:

Not sure why Desean on the sidelines after the first series and 5 yard out routes to Alshon opens anything up...

Surprised the line hasn't moved a bit more. I think this will be a good game.

4 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Not sure why Desean on the sidelines after the first series and 5 yard out routes to Alshon opens anything up...

I'm talking about the total.  Vegas sees the return of Jeffery and Jackson as additive but the public is pounding the under. 

2 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

I'm talking about the total.  Vegas sees the return of Jeffery and Jackson as additive but the public is pounding the under. 

For me the return of those two should do nothing to move the needle. I'm edging towards the Eagles to cover the spread. Whether DeSean or Alshon play has zero bearing on that for me. 

I think the Eagles will cover. I'm not sure if we win though.  The Steelers have played teams that haven't provided much competition.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

I think the Eagles will cover. I'm not sure if we win though.  The Steelers have played teams that haven't provided much competition.

That's where I'm at with this too. I mean Pittsburgh beat Houston by a TD, Houston are a bit of a mess right now and I think we are fairly evenly matched with Houston so 7.5 is right on the edge. Good job by Vegas there although I won't be betting on this one as a result. 

29 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That's where I'm at with this too. I mean Pittsburgh beat Houston by a TD, Houston are a bit of a mess right now and I think we are fairly evenly matched with Houston so 7.5 is right on the edge. Good job by Vegas there although I won't be betting on this one as a result. 

Can we just contextualise 'Houston are a bit of a mess' Houston have scored more TD's than us, their QB has more yards and TD's at a better completion % than ours and they've scored a whopping 4 points less than us, their season just happened to start with Chiefs (4-0), Ravens (3-1) and Steelers (3-0) and the only rough looking loss on their record is the Vikes last time out. 

O'Briens firing is as much about arguing with players in training and his Chip Kellyesque trading of Hopkins as anything, he might have survived if he'd pulled a tie out against the Vikes in the battle of 0-3.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Can we just contextualise 'Houston are a bit of a mess' Houston have scored more TD's than us, their QB has more yards and TD's at a better completion % than ours and they've scored a whopping 4 points less than us, their season just happened to start with Chiefs (4-0), Ravens (3-1) and Steelers (3-0) and the only rough looking loss on their record is the Vikes last time out. 

O'Briens firing is as much about arguing with players in training and his Chip Kellyesque trading of Hopkins as anything, he might have survived if he'd pulled a tie out against the Vikes in the battle of 0-3.

I think as HC it's a harsh call to fire him. But as GM it's an easy decision. 

On 10/5/2020 at 5:24 PM, NCTANK said:

they’ve beaten the Giants, Broncos and Texans. i think the birds have shot to win outright here.

They didn't even win by much. Beat the Giants by 10, broncos by 5, and Texans by 7. 

Ill take the Eagles and the points. Got a feeling we can win but Ebron, Snell, and Jaylen Samuels vs our LBs worry me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

They didn't even win by much. Beat the Giants by 10, broncos by 5, and Texans by 7. 

Ill take the Eagles and the points. Got a feeling we can win but Ebron, Snell, and Jaylen Samuels vs our LBs worry me. 

That's my thing. I keep going back and forth. The main concern I have is that Blitzburg are going to bring the pressure. Can this OL hold up? Probably not so that's not a great match up for us.