Eagles in the driver's seat

Hawkeye

We're a quarter of the way through the season and the Eagles are alone in first place in the NFC East.  The division is theirs to lose and they have a clear path to the post season and a home playoff game.

Paradoxically, the above statement is both completely accurate and totally misleading at the same time.  Mind blown. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Let's not get too worked up after 1 game.  They needed overtime with last year's worst team in the league and ended in a tie.  They got destroyed by a strong team in the Rams.  The NFCE is trash, true.  But they already lost to Washington.  They have 2 tough games against other strong teams in the Steelers and Ravens.

Then a 3 week stretch toward the end of the season against Seahawks, Packers and Saints.  And Cleveland is currently 3-1 and would be a tough game for this team.

The Cowboys have an easier schedule, their 2 tough games appear to be Steelers and Ravens. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

We're a quarter of the way through the season and the Eagles are alone in first place in the NFC East.  The division is theirs to lose and they have a clear path to the post season and a home playoff game.

Paradoxically, the above statement is both completely accurate and totally misleading at the same time.  Mind blown. 

Yep ... and yep.  

Fools gold, Dallas will easy sweep us.  They can score at will

• Like 3

might as well put this here; the fight at the end of the vagiants/rams game and they left the cheering audio on......at least we're not vagiant bad. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Let's not get too worked up after 1 game. 

Oh, I'm not worked up.  I'm just saying. 

45 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Our defense can hold them under 23. Can our offense score more than 23... that’s the question. 

I think we should remember that SF are a team as banged up as us. In fact they may be slightly worse off as they have not just starters out but some of their best players out.

But look that was a really gutsy performance last night. Most thought it would be a blow out. I was worried we'd disgrace ourselves on SNF but that didn't happen. 

The team fought and battled, they didn't give up and they kept going despite an ugly overall performance. Now they've got to back that up by doing the same against Pittsburgh. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

And give up points just as easily it seems.

Cowboys are a blown onside kick where the Falcons failed to field away from being 0-4.  

Division is such a joke that six wins may be enough to win the division and if that happens there will be outcry for the NFL to seed the postseason like the NBA does (winning your division only means you make the playoffs with no home field/court advantage).  

2 hours ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

And they can guy up points just as quickly. 😂🤣😂

20 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

And give up points just as easily it seems.

Cowboys are a blown onside kick where the Falcons failed to field away from being 0-4.  

Division is such a joke that six wins may be enough to win the division and if that happens there will be outcry for the NFL to seed the postseason like the NBA does (winning your division only means you make the playoffs with no home field/court advantage).  

Yay let’s squeak into the playoffs with 6 wins only to go one and done (most likely scenario) and end up drafting in the 20s rather than around 10. 

• Sad 1

It's like being in the driver seat of a 91 Civic with no shocks and the check engine light on. But it still driving!

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

Yay let’s squeak into the playoffs with 6 wins only to go one and done (most likely scenario) and end up drafting in the 20s rather than around 10. 

We would be the first back to back division champ in god knows how long.

5 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

I have been on the planet a long time and I have never seen a year as weird as 2020 in all of my life. My mind is like- "Ok, it's all a simulation, like the Matrix- everything and anything is possible this year, ESPECIALLY WEIRD SH**!!!!!!"

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

I have been on the planet a long time and I have never seen a year as weird as 2020 in all of my life. My mind is like- "Ok, it's all a simulation, like the Matrix- everything and anything is possible this year, ESPECIALLY WEIRD SH**!!!!!!"

Yup. That's why super bowlzzzzz

• Haha 1

On 10/5/2020 at 11:07 AM, NOTW said:

Let's not get too worked up after 1 game.  They needed overtime with last year's worst team in the league and ended in a tie.  They got destroyed by a strong team in the Rams.  The NFCE is trash, true.  But they already lost to Washington.  They have 2 tough games against other strong teams in the Steelers and Ravens.

Then a 3 week stretch toward the end of the season against Seahawks, Packers and Saints.  And Cleveland is currently 3-1 and would be a tough game for this team.

The Cowboys have an easier schedule, their 2 tough games appear to be Steelers and Ravens. 

Exactly right. The Browns have a very well put together team on both sides of the ball....it is NOT the Browns of old. Mighty funny that the cowgirls almost always have an easy schedule but their defense might be worse than ours so we shall see.....

On 10/5/2020 at 5:43 PM, NCTANK said:

beats tanking for the flavor of the week prospect 

I'm not convinced 'winning a crap division for a moderate starter' is that much better than 'tanking for a top 5 pick' as a team strategy if I'm honest.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I'm not convinced 'winning a crap division for a moderate starter' is that much better than 'tanking for a top 5 pick' as a team strategy if I'm honest.

It isn't. That's a really bad way to go about things given who we have making the picks.