Eagles in the driver's seat

Hawkeye

On 10/5/2020 at 2:50 PM, time2rock said:

Yay let’s squeak into the playoffs with 6 wins only to go one and done (most likely scenario) and end up drafting in the 20s rather than around 10. 

Worst case scenario that could fool some people (mostly the FO) into thinking no changes are needed and they’re close. 

• Like 2

Of all the years to want to tank, this may not be the best. Some prospects might be less NFL ready than normal. Some might decide not to come out. Others might decide to come out what otherwise would have been "way too early." I'm totally against the idea of tanking any year, but I don't think draft position will matter as much this year as it would in normal years. 

3 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I'm not convinced 'winning a crap division for a moderate starter' is that much better than 'tanking for a top 5 pick' as a team strategy if I'm honest.

agree to disagree 

7 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Of all the years to want to tank, this may not be the best. Some prospects might be less NFL ready than normal. Some might decide not to come out. Others might decide to come out what otherwise would have been "way too early." I'm totally against the idea of tanking any year, but I don't think draft position will matter as much this year as it would in normal years. 

That is a fair comment in terms of next year's draft. But at this point anything to get rid of Howie and start to rebuild. The longer Howie is the GM the longer it is going to take for this team to get to where it wants to be.

14 hours ago, brkmsn said:

That’s fair, but there are definitely some guys in the top ten I would love to have. Imagine being in position to get Ja’Marr Chase. Having a talent like that on the side of the field opposite Reagor next season would look very nice. 

8 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That is a fair comment in terms of next year's draft. But at this point anything to get rid of Howie and start to rebuild. The longer Howie is the GM the longer it is going to take for this team to get to where it wants to be.

If some of the players Howie brought in that you have already written off become key players  this season, maybe you'll need to reevaluate your opinion of him. 

I'm just going to go ahead and root for the Eagles to win games and hope all the players, coaches and management do a great job going forward. You really need to think about how dumb it is to keep rooting for failure instead of success. 

29 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

If some of the players Howie brought in that you have already written off become key players  this season, maybe you'll need to reevaluate your opinion of him. 

How's that 2016, 2017 and 2018 draft looking? The 2019 draft you can argue needs more time to truly determine. 

11 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

How's that 2016, 2017 and 2018 draft looking? The 2019 draft you can argue needs more time to truly determine. 

2016 brought us our franchize QB after a few moves. 2017 (thanks to the Bradford trade) brought us Barnett. 2018 looks pretty sweet. How's that trade for Slay look? How's that signing of Hargrave look? How'd that trade for Avery look last week? The Eagles lead the NFL in sacks and people are still bashing the re-signing of Graham, the Barnett pick, the Avery trade, etc...