RB Adrian Killins: re-signed to practice squad

NOTW

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/eagles-waive-adrian-killins-day-after-his-nfl-debut

Two days after they called Adrian Killins Jr. up from the practice squad, the Eagles have waived the speedy undrafted rookie from UCF.

Killins (5-8, 177) will hit the waiver wire and if he doesn’t get claimed could end up back on the Eagles’ practice squad.

On Sunday, Killins made his NFL debut but it wasn’t one to remember. He played eight snaps and had 1 catch for 2 yards and 1 carry for minus-12. He was one of five running backs the Eagles had active for Sunday’s 25-20 win over the 49ers.

Killins was signed from the practice squad to the active roster on Saturday, along with WR Travis Fulgham and C Luke Juriga.

By waiving Killins, the Eagles have opened up one spot on their 53-man roster. It’s unclear how they’re going to use it.

Perhaps the Eagles are planning on signing a player from the outside or maybe one of their own players is nearing a return. The Eagles have a few players eligible to return from IR. This year, players need to spend just three games on IR before they are eligible to return.

Last week, the Eagles activated WR Quez Watkins’ three-week practice window but he is still on IR. The Eagles have a total of four players who have missed at least three games and are eligible to return from IR: Watkins, Will Parks, Vinny Curry, Craig James.

Just because all those players have sat out the required three games, it doesn’t mean they’re physically ready to return to the active roster or even to practice.

• Sad 1

Not surprising. He is a practice squad guy at this point. So, they have to take that step to put him back on it.

Guessing they’ll want to add him back to the PS.  I believe you can only call 2 players up every week that can be moved back down to the PS without having to go through waivers.  Killins was not one of them (I believe the 2 were Burnett and Arnold).  

• Like 1

Who they will re-acquire and he will come off the practice squad to win a game for them. 😆

I think they realized their mistake after he was running 4.2 40 in the wrong direction LMAO

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Cue the EagleVa conspiracy theory in 3...2...1...

Yeah, I'm figuring they called the two stupid arsed plays that the defense read like they were reading Little Red Riding Hood so that he'd look bad, that way they can sneak him back on the PS with the rest of the NFL thinking he was worthless based to the results of the two stupid arsed play calls.

2 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Yeah, I'm figuring they called the two stupid arsed plays that the defense read like they were reading Little Red Riding Hood so that he'd look bad, that way they can sneak him back on the PS with the rest of the NFL thinking he was worthless based to the results of the two stupid arsed play calls.

Hmm, ok, not bad. Not bad. Not on par with some of your other stuff, but not bad.

20 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Hmm, ok, not bad. Not bad. Not on par with some of your other stuff, but not bad.

Dude don't engage with him, let him have his thoughts alone. No one even bothers answering him anymore. It's wallyhorse territory

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I don’t understand why JJAW wouldn’t be the first guy off the roster.

Howie doesn't want that bust on his record yet. He's delaying it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can't say I'm surprised nor disappointed. Calling him up didn't make a lot of sense and made no sense when he wasn't used to return kicks. 

The run play we called when he was in was one of Doug's guaranteed tackle for loss brainfarts that he calls at least once a half, you gotta feel for the kid if that was his shot.

spacer.png

'We've gotta find Adrian 'Moonlight' Killins, called up by the Eagles for one game back in '20, he lost 12 yards on the dumbest play call of the game and was immediately sent back to the PS, he never got another shot'

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, eagle45 said:

I don’t understand why JJAW wouldn’t be the first guy off the roster.

If he was a 4th rd pick, he'd be gone by the start of next season.  Because he was a 2nd rd pick, he'll stick until the end of his 3rd season if he still hasn't shown anything yet.

22 minutes ago, time2rock said:

If he was a 4th rd pick, he'd be gone by the start of next season.  Because he was a 2nd rd pick, he'll stick until the end of his 3rd season if he still hasn't shown anything yet.

IIRC we dumped Jaiquawn Jarrett after 2 years so JJAW may be told to hit the bricks at seasons end.

12 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

IIRC we dumped Jaiquawn Jarrett after 2 years so JJAW may be told to hit the bricks at seasons end.

If he isn't showing anything by then I'd be OK with that, but still holding out a little hope he may actually start to contribute.  Obviously would prefer a high pick to make it rather than get dumped after just 2 years for being completely ineffective.  I didn't like the pick then and obviously dislike it quite a bit more now - I really wanted a S there (Thornhill or Adderley if Thornhill was gone, which he wasn't).  I really wanted Henderson but knew that wasn't going to happen after taking Sanders a few picks earlier.  

14 minutes ago, time2rock said:

If he isn't showing anything by then I'd be OK with that, but still holding out a little hope he may actually start to contribute.  Obviously would prefer a high pick to make it rather than get dumped after just 2 years for being completely ineffective.  I didn't like the pick then and obviously dislike it quite a bit more now - I really wanted a S there (Thornhill or Adderley if Thornhill was gone, which he wasn't).  I really wanted Henderson but knew that wasn't going to happen after taking Sanders a few picks earlier.  

Yeah I think he gets the rest of this year to contribute and if he is still contributing nothing then he will be gone. I can't see them taking him in to year 3 especially if there are to be some changes in the FO during the off season. The current FO may want to try and keep him for a third year because it reflects badly on them.

11 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah I think he gets the rest of this year to contribute and if he is still contributing nothing then he will be gone. I can't see them taking him in to year 3 especially if there are to be some changes in the FO during the off season. The current FO may want to try and keep him for a third year because it reflects badly on them.

I don't see any changes to the FO (despite how much I want to see Howie gone).  

39 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I don't see any changes to the FO (despite how much I want to see Howie gone).  

I fear you are right. That's a major major issue though.