R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen, 65,Cancer

iladelphxx

Wow. A big reason why a lot of people picked up a guitar in their lifetimes. RIP.

29 minutes ago, Dawkins 20 said:

Wow. A big reason why a lot of people picked up a guitar in their lifetimes. RIP.

when you hear a guy like randy rhodes say eddie was their inspiration all those years ago to guys today saying the same thing,  you know you're a legend.  

i got see VH for the 1984 & the OU812 tours. two totally different experiences, but one thing was the same, he was insanely great. 

• Like 1

Even though Michael Anthony didn't join the reunion, I am glad Dave and the Van Halens were able to get back together for one last hurrah.

I'll never forget his answer to curing cancer was liquefying his tongue and injected it into his body.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

when you hear a guy like randy rhodes say eddie was their inspiration all those years ago to guys today saying the same thing,  you know you're a legend.  

i got see VH for the 1984 & the OU812 tours. two totally different experiences, but one thing was the same, he was insanely great. 

Only time I saw them was in 2007 when they reunited with DLR and went on tour. Fantastic show.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dawkins 20 said:

Only time I saw them was in 2007 when they reunited with DLR and went on tour. Fantastic show.

i wanted to go see them on the re-union tour, but never ended up going. my loss. 

RIP, could list many favorites but this was/is my always go to..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

not a surprise, but a big loss for the music world. 

It was a surprise for me. I didn't know he had cancer. 

As a kid growing up in the 80's, he was most definitely one of my guitar heroes. Horrible news. He had cancer back in the 90's then resurfaced over the last 5 years or so. My Aunt passes away yesterday, then EVH today. 2020 can go ef itself already. RIP King Edward!!

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, vsptroops said:

As a kid growing up in the 80's, he was most definitely one of my guitar heroes. Horrible news. He had cancer back in the 90's then resurfaced over the last 5 years or so. My Aunt passes away yesterday, then EVH today. 2020 can go ef itself already. RIP King Edward!!

Sorry to hear man. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

He definitely passed on his talents to his son, Wolf. 

The funny thing is, the tapping part is the easiest part of the song.... It sounds and looks harder than it is 

17 hours ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

RIP, could list many favorites but this was/is my always go to..

absolutely a top 5 fav for me. 

15 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

It was a surprise for me. I didn't know he had cancer. 

i heard it came back and there were rumors out there that he was in bad health. really, really sucks that they were true. 

got vh playing through amazon music. so much great music. so far

ice cream man

really got me

feel your love

jamie's cryin

dancing in the streets 

edit; F it, i went back and im starting from the 1st album. 

oh & van halen >>>>> van hagar 

• Like 1