Right Back Up To Bring Us Right Back Down

GroundAttack

Just when you thought this team brings you in when facing adversity they fall on their face. One simple tackle by LeBlanc and this rout isn't happening.

You pick Leblanc to blame for this when he made a few nice plays and a fumble recovery  and not the fact that we are playing 10 on 11 with Gerry out there 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The Steelers were undefeated so far, playing at home in front of limited fans for the 1st time this year and have one of the best defenses in the NFL. The Eagles managed to stay competitive until the end. It's disappointing when you know a few mistakes were probably the difference in the outcome. Still, it was good work for the young players forced to play and it should serve as motivation to everybody capable of being motivated. Fulgham and Wentz seem to be developing an important connection and our new WR is certainly winning the fans over. 

• Like 3

I liked the win last week, but I never let it fool me into thinking there was some sort of turnaround. SF was as beat up as we are.

Gonna get uglier next week.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I liked the win last week, but I never let it fool me into thinking there was some sort of turnaround. SF was as beat up as we are.

Watch they win that game. 😂🤣😂

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Watch they win that game. 😂🤣😂

Lol, it would be an Eagles thing to do.

3 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Overall I thought the team played well and there is reason for optimism. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Wish I felt the same. It'll be interesting to see how much fight they give the Ravens.

49 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Wish I felt the same. It'll be interesting to see how much fight they give the Ravens.

Of course he thinks there is reason for optimism. 🙄

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

I think alot of people forget we played a top undefeated defense on the road with fans. The offense played very well. The D let us down.  And I wish we for it on that 4th and 5

4 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Yeah they got crushed by the Dolphins today😄

17 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

I think alot of people forget we played a top undefeated defense on the road with fans. The offense played very well. The D let us down.  And I wish we for it on that 4th and 5

Defense has been struggling this year but it's been worse on the road the last few years.

9 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

This. Spot on bud. The win against SF was a nice surprise but it was an ugly game that did nothing really to change my mind on where this team is heading. 

And look at SF this week. That's a football team who have a lot of injuries and are coming back to earth with a thump after their SB appearance last year. 

6 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

I think alot of people forget we played a top undefeated defense on the road with fans. 

Exactly.

8 hours ago, EagleVA said:

There really isn't, that was the first time the Steelers offense have broken 30 points since 2017, we managed one more score on the Steelers than the Gina's and the Bronco's managed, we made hard work of beating a San Fran team that just got embarrassed by the Miami Dolphins.

This season is cooked, offensively we don't have enough to cover the deficiencies on the back end of the defense, crawling out of this division would only add insult to injury.

7 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

It was as much Howie's fault, for not drafting LBs, as it was JS fault for assigning a LB to cover Pitt's 4TD sensational WR. Offensive line and Wentz for the whole game, minus the last 4 minuets, was a positive surprise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Traveler Vic said:

It was as much Howie's fault, for not drafting LBs, as it was JS fault for assigning a LB to cover Pitt's 4TD sensational WR. Offensive line and Wentz for the whole game, minus the last 4 minuets, was a positive surprise.

Offensive line was a positive? Wentz got hit 20 times. There was very little run game because they shut that down too. Not sure I would say the offensive line was a positive.

• Like 1

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Offensive line was a positive? Wentz got hit 20 times. There was very little run game because they shut that down too. Not sure I would say the offensive line was a positive.

They played #1 running game defense!!! and they mostly held. Considering that Lane was out and we played a bunch of rookies , I thought they did rather well.

1 minute ago, Traveler Vic said:

They played #1 running game defense!!! and they mostly held. Considering that Lane was out and we played a bunch of rookies , I thought they did rather well.

Outside of 1 75 yard run for Sanders there was nothing in the run game... So how did they hold? 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Outside of 1 75 yard run for Sanders there was nothing in the run game... So how did they hold? 

In my mind, before the game started, I fully expected Pitt will devastate our shabby offensive line and put up some huge sack numbers. This did not happen. We lost, but we were NOT blown away. By that definition the offensive line held, even if we were forced to keep Ertz to assist Mailata, we were not demolished.

1 hour ago, Traveler Vic said:

In my mind, before the game started, I fully expected Pitt will devastate our shabby offensive line and put up some huge sack numbers. This did not happen. We lost, but we were NOT blown away. By that definition the offensive line held, even if we were forced to keep Ertz to assist Mailata, we were not demolished.

We lost, we showed good fight but I also think Pittsburgh eased up with a 17 point lead and very almost blew it. Wentz got sacked was it 5 times? Hit 20 times? And we weren't able to establish a run game. I'd say it was a huge struggle for our OL yesterday.

13 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Lol, it would be an Eagles thing to do.

And then lose to the Giants the following weekend.  <_<

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, time2rock said:

And then lose to the Giants the following weekend.  <_<

But then beat Dallas the week after...