Can someone do me a favor?

we_gotta_believe

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Schwartz gone after this season when his contract is up. 

Need to clean house, starting with firing Howie and letting Schwartz and the 14 offensive assistants go.

Get a real GM and hire better coaches, scouts, personnel people. 

2017 might as well be 10 years ago. The team is declining fast.

Howie is later.

The biggest problem right now is that the coach/QB relationship is broken, and there's no way we part with Wentz yet.

So Doug---see ya.

20 minutes ago, Madriver said:

Howie is later.

The biggest problem right now is that the coach/QB relationship is broken, and there's no way we part with Wentz yet.

So Doug---see ya.

Nope, wrong. In that scenario Doug is the scapegoat and Howie keeps his job and team continues to get worse because of him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, NOTW said:

Nope, wrong. In that scenario Doug is the scapegoat and Howie keeps his job and team continues to get worse because of him.

You sir, are correct.

I wanted him gone after the SB

A defense that gave up over 500yds and people defended him

Only thing I've liked about his defense is the Dline but they struggle to stay healthy

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Yup. Until Howie is replaced, any coaching/scouting/player personnel changes made are simply painting over rust at this point. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Only thing I've liked about his defense is the Dline but they struggle to stay healthy

The line also seems to have stretches where they disappear for a period of time. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

The line also seems to have stretches where they disappear for a period of time. 

Yup. I think now is the one time we have everyone healthy? They've brought guys in to help Cox out and someone always gets injured. Then there's those times when the Dline turns the switch off and can't get an pressure at all. It's freaking weird

57 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I think Howie is responsible for the mess we're in but my point was that there's no way Lurie gets rid of him before Doug. I just don't see it.

• Like 1

Grab Jimmy SHorts by the collar and throw him and his wide nine shi* out of the building.......

Bill Belichick was right to make Shortz work his asss off for 100 hours a week without paying him a single penny back in the day...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Madriver said:

I think Howie is responsible for the mess we're in but my point was that there's no way Lurie gets rid of him before Doug. I just don't see it.

That's fair. I agree, I don't think Lurie will do what's necessary unless there's a mutiny.

10 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Fortunately, his contract is expiring.

So Howie can negotiate a long term extension with whatever terms Schwartz wants...

😉

9 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Eagles recent passing defense rankings

2017 - 25th

2018 - 30th

2019 - 22nd

2020 - 17th (to date)

garbage

• Sad 1

There's no quick fix for the roster issues in the secondary, we have bad personnel or old personnel, far and away our best DB is Slay and he's 29, elite corners who stay elite at 30+ are vanishingly rare.  The rest of our corners and safeties are either raw rookies, honest tryers or flat out bums.

There's no fix at all that has Jim Schwartz co ordinating, because his defensive scheme appears to be almost designed to give teams freebies on 3rd down, and if you put bad players in that scheme it amplifies the flaws, there was a play Yesterday where Mills gave Smith Schuster so much of a cushion that the guy beat him by simply slowing down, even the commentator said 'I don't even know what to say, I'm not sure what Mills or anyone on the Philly defense was looking at there'

Incidentally, I have some sympathy Yesterday, because if he had adjusted to negate Claypool, the Steelers would've destroyed us with Smith Schuster instead, because that's what happens when you only have one cornerback worth a damn. Robey Coleman is the Nnamdi Asomugha of slot corners, a guy living on a reputation he no longer warrants.

I said in another thread Yesterday was the first time Pittsburgh topped 30 points since 2017,  The Ravens have put up 30+ 3 times this season, the Seahawks have done it 4 times. the Packers have hung 40 on 2 opponents this season and 30 on another and the Cowboys have put 35+ on 3 opponents, this season is potentially going to get a lot uglier.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Portyansky said:

Fire Schwartz trade Ertz. There's a reason they rhyme. Bc they both suck!

So does your rhyming skills.  

3 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

But am I wrong?

At the beginning of the year I would have said yes on Ertz

9 minutes ago, greend said:

At the beginning of the year I would have said yes on Ertz

He has almost become the equivalent of JJAW.