Week 6 Injury Tracker

time2rock

Please post all injury related updates leading up to our week 6 game against Baltimore in this thread.

The big one will obviously be Slay ... awaiting an update to post.

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh god if Slay is out then we are in even more ish!

They might as well give him the week off. 

• Haha 1

Just now, 20dawk4life said:

They might as well give him the week off. 

Very true. He won't be able to help the secondary enough. 

• Like 1

Injury Update: 

Ertz still has his feelings hurt and will continue to play like a beech. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

Injury Update: 

The last couple of weeks he's surely seen that big contract almost disappear entirely. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The last couple of weeks he's surely seen that big contract almost disappear entirely. 

That pathetic "attempt” to block on the final drive is just pissing me off every time I think about it. 

That pathetic "attempt” to block on the final drive is just pissing me off every time I think about it. 

He's disinterested. Completely and utterly disinterested. He should be traded now if that's possible. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The only update thus far on Slay is that he suffered an "undisclosed injury" and Doug didn't provide an update following the game (guessing he didn't have that info to share yet).  Anyway, seems we can expect an update on Wednesday.  

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1852913/darius-slay

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

Just like the Djax year where he played not to get injured. And only showed up bc he had to.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

Just like the Djax year where he played not to get injured. And only showed up bc he had to.

Yup. But Ertz was supposed to be the golden good ol boy. Fing wuss

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

The only update thus far on Slay is that he suffered an "undisclosed injury" and Doug didn't provide an update following the game (guessing he didn't have that info to share yet).  Anyway, seems we can expect an update on Wednesday.  

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Doug said in his press conference Slay is in concussion protocol. 

I say sit him for the week. 

I say sit Slay this week. Our SB is coming up after that against the Giants on TNF after that.

On 10/12/2020 at 8:42 AM, 20dawk4life said:

Injury Update: 

Yo, Ertz, if you want a huge raise you have to PLAY GREAT. Crazy concept, huh?

Will Parks returns to practice.  They now have 21 days to either add him to the active roster or shut him down for the remainder of the season.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/14/will-parks-returns-to-practice-for-eagles/

I see they also waived Toohill and Arnold.  I suppose this is just more of Howie's roster management games thinking he can sneak them through waivers to add them back to the practice squad.  Guessing it is likely to work but I have been hearing they are high on both players so hopefully it doesn't backfire on him (in much the same way we burned Detroit by claiming Huntley).  

On 10/12/2020 at 10:44 AM, time2rock said:

Pretty sure I heard Slay was in concussion protocol

• Like 1

16 hours ago, time2rock said:

Still no word on Johnson's availability for this Sunday's game against Baltimore, but reports indicate he does not need further surgery on his ankle.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/13/lane-johnson-doesnt-need-another-ankle-surgery/

They need to just let him rest it for a week or two.  It's not like anybody is running away in the division.

16 hours ago, time2rock said:

Still no word on Johnson's availability for this Sunday's game against Baltimore, but reports indicate he does not need further surgery on his ankle.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/13/lane-johnson-doesnt-need-another-ankle-surgery/

If he needs surgery then he should just get it now. They should just let him heal and quit putting him out there limping

13 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

If he needs surgery then he should just get it now. They should just let him heal and quit putting him out there limping

I hope this doesn't turn into another DJax type situation where he put off surgery only to come back late in the season when we needed him and have to have surgery then.  Just get it out of the way now - delaying it doesn't help.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

I hope this doesn't turn into another DJax type situation where he put off surgery only to come back late in the season when we needed him and have to have surgery then.  Just get it out of the way now - delaying it doesn't help.  

Agreed. That way he can be ready for the playoffs 🙂

o9iyjb4e2dystuej7yf5.jpeg

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, time2rock said:

Will Parks returns to practice.  They now have 21 days to either add him to the active roster or shut him down for the remainder of the season.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/14/will-parks-returns-to-practice-for-eagles/

I see they also waived Toohill and Arnold.  I suppose this is just more of Howie's roster management games thinking he can sneak them through waivers to add them back to the practice squad.  Guessing it is likely to work but I have been hearing they are high on both players so hopefully it doesn't backfire on him (in much the same way we burned Detroit by claiming Huntley).  

Not that this is injury related news, but Toohill was claimed by Washington off waivers.  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/14/washington-claims-casey-toohill-off-waivers/

7 hours ago, time2rock said:

Not that this is injury related news, but Toohill was claimed by Washington off waivers.  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/14/washington-claims-casey-toohill-off-waivers/

I had no idea he was even cut. I thought recently he'd actually played a few snaps on defense too? Not that he made an impact of course.

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I had no idea he was even cut. I thought recently he'd actually played a few snaps on defense too? Not that he made an impact of course.

7 posts up from yours I posted a link mentioning Parks returned to practice and also mentioned Toohill was released.  I recall during TC there were a few comments about him standing out - they seemed legitimately high on the kid.  Howie was probably hoping he'd slip through waivers so he can add him back to the PS and got burned in much the same way he burned Detroit when he signed Huntley (who has been inactive).  I swear Howie's roster manipulation reminds of an office geek in a fantasy football league.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

7 posts up from yours I posted a link mentioning Parks returned to practice and also mentioned Toohill was released.  I recall during TC there were a few comments about him standing out - they seemed legitimately high on the kid.  Howie was probably hoping he'd slip through waivers so he can add him back to the PS and got burned in much the same way he burned Detroit when he signed Huntley (who has been inactive).  I swear Howie's roster manipulation reminds of an office geek in a fantasy football league.   

DL is probably our healthiest and deepest position. Injuries have forced our hands at WR, OL, and DB with the fringe players. Recently we activated Fulgham and he burst on to the scene with a 2-game performance worthy of a starting role. This is the ripple effect playing out. If we were allowed 80 players on our roster, I'm sure teams would still miss trying to develop that 81st player.  

On 10/14/2020 at 12:41 AM, Talonblood said:

Yo, Ertz, if you want a huge raise you have to PLAY GREAT. Crazy concept, huh?

Ertz this year is reminding me of Jackson when he completely dogged it for an entire season when he wasn’t happy with his contract. 

• Like 1