Week 6 Injury Tracker

time2rock

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Travis Fulgham?

He's had separation and somehow earned his trust enough to do the jump balls. I only think that happened through the process of elimination, ie. no one else to go to once Ertz was covered.

To be honest, how much has JJAW been thrown to? I'm not claiming he's awesome or anything, just unproven, still. I'm just saying, Wentz likes the speedsters on the outside who can get separation. It's just who Wentz is and I'm hoping that his recent connection with Fulgham is showing him that he can trust the WRs, even if they don't have separation. Wentz needs to take that next step on trusting his WRs and then, throwing them open. Teams are starting to take Ertz out of the gameplan and he needs to make them pay with the WRs.

I wonder which 2 guys they'll elevate from the Practice Squad.

I'm thinking Elijah Riley and Tyrone Croom again (the only PS guys they protected this week), especially as Epps and Duke Riley were four-core ST guys. That would mean neither could be elevated again because that would be the 2nd time for each of them.

Also wouldn't be shocked if they sign Grayland Arnold to the 53 man roster again given that they have an available roster spot with Pryor going on the COVID list, and because he can't be elevated to the active roster from the PS because they've already done it twice.

43 minutes ago, Eaglefan78 said:

JJAW won't ever get a fair shot to prove himself with Wentz at QB. Sorry, but Wentz just doesn't trust WRs that don't get massive amounts of separation

I think Wentz lost confidence in JJAW last year - and JJAW lost confidence in himself - when he dropped that pass at the end of the game against DET that would've given them the win.

11 minutes ago, erformc said:

I think Wentz lost confidence in JJAW last year - and JJAW lost confidence in himself - when he dropped that pass at the end of the game against DET that would've given them the win.

I think once our WRs are back. JJAW will have less pressure.

3 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

I think once our WRs are back. JJAW will have less pressure.

I think once our WRs are back JJ is going to either be inactive or go on the IR with an "injury".

I posted a report earlier that Pryor will miss Sunday’s game due to "an illness”.  We now know that he is being placed on the COVID list (apparently not because he tested positive but because he was in close contact with someone who was, which means isolation and monitoring).  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/16/eagles-place-matt-pryor-on-covid-19-list/

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, erformc said:

I think once our WRs are back JJ is going to either be inactive or go on the IR with an "injury".

With any luck they’ll admit to the mistake and just cut him. 

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

Now the bar is set to "balling?"  Performed better than JJAW this year:  Reagor, Jackson, Ward, Fulgham, Burnett, Hightower.  JJAW has 1 catch, he's a 2nd year player being outperformed by guys just joining the team off the practice squad and rookies.   

Richard Rodgers has played 2 games and outproduced Ertz. That does not mean he outperformed him. That does not mean Rodgers is the better player. If you're going to flat out ask me what WRs on the team I think are better than JJAW, my answer would be: Jeffery, Jackson, Fulgham, Reagor and Ward. As for Watkins, Hightower, and Burnett, I don't see any reason to elevate them higher than JJAW yet. As far as I'm concerned, they're all looking for a breakout game that hasn't happened yet. 

2 hours ago, nipples said:

With any luck they’ll admit to the mistake and just cut him. 

I don’t expect that to happen until next offseason at roster cutdown at the earliest.  

Can't wait until Alshon and DJax are out of here. They aren't even trying to get on the field, and they see how bad the team needs them the last few weeks. I seriously want both gone as soon as possible. They don't care about the team at all. Work with what you have and move forward.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, eggs said:

So, who is RG - Herbig?

Reports indicate Jamon Brown will be making his Eagles debut and playing RG tomorrow.  

Matt Pryor out. Now the backup to the backup is playing. Who even is that? Also no Lane too. I don’t know how people are predicting an Eagleswin tomorrow. So here we are in week six and still no Jeffery. Why was he placed on the active roster and not on the Pup list or IR again? 

38 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

So here we are in week six and still no Jeffery. Why was he placed on the active roster and not on the Pup list or IR again? 

What some beat writers have said is that Jeffery was running really well in August and the team thought he would be ready, But they also said these kind of injuries are really tricky, so this isn't a case where they misdiagnosed something or made a mistake. He just hasn't reached the point where he is 100 percent. 

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Matt Pryor out. Now the backup to the backup is playing. Who even is that? Also no Lane too. I don’t know how people are predicting an Eagleswin tomorrow. So here we are in week six and still no Jeffery. Why was he placed on the active roster and not on the Pup list or IR again? 

Probably because they didn't know Fulgham could take his job and play at a high level. I'm actually wondering if they're being a little more "cautious" than they otherwise would be regarding Jeffery's return. With Fulgham's sudden emergence and the trade deadline approaching, maybe the Eagles don't want to take the chance that Jeffery could fail a post trade physical. 

8 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Probably because they didn't know Fulgham could take his job and play at a high level. I'm actually wondering if they're being a little more "cautious" than they otherwise would be regarding Jeffery's return. With Fulgham's sudden emergence and the trade deadline approaching, maybe the Eagles don't want to take the chance that Jeffery could fail a post trade physical. 

Granted a team doesn’t have to pay Jeffery’s full salary and probably could restructure him anyways, but other than Howie what GM would give up anything of value for a guy who is coming off an injury and hasn’t shown any resemblance of good football in well over a year? Jeffery will need to prove he can play to actually be a trade piece. 

3 hours ago, jsb235 said:

What some beat writers have said is that Jeffery was running really well in August and the team thought he would be ready, But they also said these kind of injuries are really tricky, so this isn't a case where they misdiagnosed something or made a mistake. He just hasn't reached the point where he is 100 percent. 

All the more reason to have kept him PUP or IR. I’m surprised they thought he could come back early from that injury. It’s literally taken everyone else who had the same injury on the team a year to get over it. I don’t know why they thought a guy Jeffery’s age and size would be different. 

40 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Granted a team doesn’t have to pay Jeffery’s full salary and probably could restructure him anyways, but other than Howie what GM would give up anything of value for a guy who is coming off an injury and hasn’t shown any resemblance of good football in well over a year? Jeffery will need to prove he can play to actually be a trade piece. 

Honestly, we'll have to wait and see. It comes down to need, fit, and cap space. This is a strange year and there have been a lot more injuries than normal (most likely because of the offseason). 

48 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Honestly, we'll have to wait and see. It comes down to need, fit, and cap space. This is a strange year and there have been a lot more injuries than normal (most likely because of the offseason). 

I think it’s also a little premature to think the Eagles will be trading anyone considering they still think the have a shot in this division. 

6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I think it’s also a little premature to think the Eagles will be trading anyone considering they still think the have a shot in this division. 

They're in a position where they pretty much have to trade a WR or cut someone. That doesn't really mean they're done trying to win. They could do other trades to get help still. 

2 hours ago, brkmsn said:

No one is trading for Jeffery.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, brkmsn said:

They're in a position where they pretty much have to trade a WR or cut someone. That doesn't really mean they're done trying to win. They could do other trades to get help still. 

If they’re cutting a receiver it should be the hack of a 2nd round pick they have. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

If they’re cutting a receiver it should be the hack of a 2nd round pick they have. 

I'm sure they'll review the film and decide if the WRs are doing what they're asked to do when they're in the game and base their decision(s) on that. I think Reagor and Ward are the only WRs that have any Special Teams value, so it will have to come down to the WR film for the other guys.

I have no idea if a trade is likely involving any of our WRs. It's a possibility until the trade deadline passes. But at this point, Reagor is getting closer to a return. I believe Fulgham has pretty much locked down the X job. I have no idea what the snap count will be for the other guys at Z tomorrow, but if someone can solidify a case as being "the next guy up," I wouldn't be all that surprised if the Eagles released Jackson if a trade for Jeffery (which I agree still seems unlikely* ) doesn't happen. 

* I can see the Eagles doing something along the lines of the Osweiler trade in order to dump some cap. The difference between Osweiler and Jeffery is that Osweiler was a paper weight. Jeffery may be over-priced, but he can still help a WR needy team if he's fully healed. So in the Eagles' case, maybe trading Jeffery and a 5th next year for a 6th rd pick. That way we're losing some (draft pick) value as a trade incentive, but not losing (draft pick) volume.