Offensive play calling....

Portyansky

21 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think if we do trade Ertz (and we should) then yeah we will need another receiver for Wentz. Someone who can go after those 50/50 contested throws and give Wentz that safety blanket receiver.

I'm looking at potential DCs right now but going to start looking at the draft hopefully later today. I'm not too concerned with replacing Ertz's production because of Goedert. I just don't want to use a high pick on a WR without adding an additional pick. We have far too many other holes with nothing to look forward to. 

• Like 1

Our offensive playcalling is too defensive, and our defensive playcalling is downright offensive. 

Sorry. I just, you know.

It was a thing. 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, wyote said:

Our offensive playcalling is too defensive, and our defensive playcalling is downright offensive. 

Sorry. I just, you know.

It was a thing. 

Yea well I find you offensive for being offensive of the defensive offenses

8 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Yea well I find you offensive for being offensive of the defensive offenses

i'm defensively offensive when I can't help, offensively defensive when I can. 

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think if we do trade Ertz (and we should) then yeah we will need another receiver for Wentz. Someone who can go after those 50/50 contested throws and give Wentz that safety blanket receiver.

Those guys don’t just grow on trees. How many receivers have Howie’s selected since he’s been back? 

5 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

Not at all. 

Reich /Defilip had creativity, they were surprising. they ran different plays. You act like 2017 was loaded with Talent lol. 

Clement was a crap shoot, Blount was over weight and a crap shoot. Torrey Smith stunk. 

Compared to this team they literally are loaded with talent. They haven’t been able to replace Smith or Blount since they left. Do yourself a favor. Go down the lift of players the Eagles have used since the Super Bowl alone. Then tell me how Reich would have failed with that. Tell how you make that group of people consistently score 40 points a game. Make sure you list all the names too. 😂🤣😂🤣

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

What are you asking me to do?

you think it's about the players and I laugh

32 games with rookie and sophomore Wentz and random guys who were undrafted they eagles scored over 40 8 or 9 times(with Reich

in the 38 games since we've had Tate, Healthy Wentz, Healthly Alson, Heathy Howard, Healthy Foles, Healthy D Jax, Healthy goesdart, ZERO GAMES OVER 40 and .500 win percentage

You're putting WAY TOO MUCH STUCK into player names. Especially since Reich will have 40 point games with 3 different quarterbacks, better offensive numbers and more points scored. 

Cant wait to hear how Phillip Rivers, Hines, Pharris Cambell and Mo Alie Cox is better then Wentz/Ertz/Goedart/Sanders

If you think you can replace McNabb and T.O. with McMahon Pinkston and expect the same results I don’t know what to tell you. That’s the same idiotic logic Chip Kelly had. Yeah let’s dump Jackson and his speed for Riley Cooper, and Foles for Sanchez. Everything will be fine. 😂🤣😂🤣🤦🏾‍♂️

29 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Those guys don’t just grow on trees. How many receivers have Howie’s selected since he’s been back? 

Not enough it seems... Or should I say... the wrong ones. 

11 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I like how you go to the extreme

I'd bet, a lot of money, that if Mcvey, Shannhan, Reid, Peyton, Harbaugh were here they'd be 4-1 

Id also bet if Doug was in L.A. San Fran, NOLA, they'd be .500 or below. 

Extreme? Like I wrote. Put down all the receivers they have had to use since the SB season alone. By the way they had Reid here. He’s had horrible offensive seasons here too. Mike McMahon was one of his quarterbacks. 

8 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I like how you go to the extreme

I'd bet, a lot of money, that if Mcvey, Shannhan, Reid, Peyton, Harbaugh were here they'd be 4-1 

Id also bet if Doug was in L.A. San Fran, NOLA, they'd be .500 or below. 

my least favorite move of the year was bringing Mornhinweg back as a coach. He stifled Andy's creativity when he was here before and this stale and predictable offense has his stink about it.  He is the opposite, in a bad way, of Flip and Reich. The organization has made as many bad coaching decision as they have with drafting and talent evaluation. Doug will be brought down by his inability to make tough coaching decisions and settling for nepotistic choices.

23 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Not enough it seems... Or should I say... the wrong ones. 

That’s the problem. They just seem to keep picking the wrong guys. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Next_Up said:

my least favorite move of the year was bringing Mornhinweg back as a coach. He stifled Andy's creativity when he was here before and this stale and predictable offense has his stink about it.  He is the opposite, in a bad way, of Flip and Reich. The organization has made as many bad coaching decision as they have with drafting and talent evaluation. Doug will be brought down by his inability to make tough coaching decisions and settling for nepotistic choices.

No offense, but you even know what Marty does here? No one really knows what any of these coaches do. 

23 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

No offense, but you even know what Marty does here? No one really knows what any of these coaches do. 

he is the "senior offensive consultant." This would imply that he is the most senior member of a group that the head coach consults about offense. The predictability and lack of creativity is probably why he was titled an offensive consultant. I've certainly been offended by the offense this year...

Just now, Next_Up said:

he is the "senior offensive consultant." This would imply that he is the most senior member of a group that the head coach consults about offense. The predictability and lack of creativity is probably why he was titled an offensive consultant. I've certainly been offended by the offense this year...

Whatever that even means. Isn’t Press Taylor the "passing game coordinator?” Doug’s really the OC, Duece is Assist HC. And so on and so on. It’s just so convoluted I don’t really know who you point the finger at. With that being the case the quarterback spent most of the of the season throwing to the wrong jerseys and at the dirt. The receivers have been nonexistent until Fulgham, and the offensive line is basically a bunch of rookies and Kelce. How is anyone expecting some well oiled machine in all of these injuries, horrible play, and confusion? Of the two groups I’m more frustrated with the defense, because they have been horrible despite not having nearly as many injury issues. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Whatever that even means. Isn’t Press Taylor the "passing game coordinator?” Doug’s really the OC, Duece is Assist HC. And so on and so on. It’s just so convoluted I don’t really know who you point the finger at. With that being the case the quarterback spent most of the of the season throwing to the wrong jerseys and at the dirt. The receivers have been nonexistent until Fulgham, and the offensive line is basically a bunch of rookies and Kelce. How is anyone expecting some well oiled machine in all of these injuries, horrible play, and confusion? Of the two groups I’m more frustrated with the defense, because they have been horrible despite not having nearly as many injury issues. 

I also think ultimately they threw too many new faces at the problem. They clearly wanted to start getting creative but they've possibly thrown too much at it now. 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2020 at 10:11 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think people are still clinging to a belief that this team can turn things around. That all of a sudden Wentz will look like 2017 Wentz. That the passing game will just click and that our D will start to step up more. Some can't accept that this is a team that's aged, injured and is not going to recapture that form. 

Yes the party is definitely over.  Time to sell for more picks and rebuild.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2020 at 4:11 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think people are still clinging to a belief that this team can turn things around. That all of a sudden Wentz will look like 2017 Wentz. That the passing game will just click and that our D will start to step up more. Some can't accept that this is a team that's aged, injured and is not going to recapture that form. 

We will probably have a few games where it gives us hope, but more utter garbshotz games.

2 hours ago, EagleMatt said:

We will probably have a few games where it gives us hope, but more utter garbshotz games.

I'm not even sure there will be a few? I mean wins against NY and Washington wouldn't give me hope. They are bad football teams. We may spring a surprise during that horrible run and we may beat someone like Green Bay or New Orleans but that would be more of a one off than hope I think. 

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm not even sure there will be a few? I mean wins against NY and Washington wouldn't give me hope. They are bad football teams. We may spring a surprise during that horrible run and we may beat someone like Green Bay or New Orleans but that would be more of a one off than hope I think. 

Last year wins against Washington, a Dallas team that quit, and the Giants literally had some people thinking that team was going to the Super Bowl and other claiming Carson was league MVP. 😂

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Last year wins against Washington, a Dallas team that quit, and the Giants literally had some people thinking that team was going to the Super Bowl and other claiming Carson was league MVP. 😂

And this is where balance is needed right? Wentz was superb in those 4 games. No INT's and he was working with guys off the street. He led this offense and he led this team to the play offs and so massive credit for that. But it was 4 games against teams either who were literally terrible or teams who had quit on their season, or in fact both! They made the play offs via the back door and they could do the same this year.

37 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And this is where balance is needed right? Wentz was superb in those 4 games. No INT's and he was working with guys off the street. He led this offense and he led this team to the play offs and so massive credit for that. But it was 4 games against teams either who were literally terrible or teams who had quit on their season, or in fact both! They made the play offs via the back door and they could do the same this year.

Results would have been much different had those final 4 games been against NO, KC, Baltimore, etc.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2020 at 8:38 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah the end of that season was fools gold. That team had no shot to beat Seattle even if Wentz stayed in the whole game. This team is old, injury prone, and lacks talent. You can’t expect a squad full of PS players to go out there and score 40 points a game. Howie ruined this football team. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah the end of that season was fools gold. That team had no shot to beat Seattle even if Wentz stayed in the whole game. This team is old, injury prone, and lacks talent. You can’t expect a squad full of PS players to go out there and score 40 points a game. Howie ruined this football team. 

Precisely. No doubt in my mind that Howie has ruined this football team. We may have beaten Seattle in that play off game but we don't know that. That was Wentz first play off game so who knows how he handles that. 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Precisely. No doubt in my mind that Howie has ruined this football team. We may have beaten Seattle in that play off game but we don't know that. That was Wentz first play off game so who knows how he handles that. 

We know how he handled it. The same way he handled the three years prior. Injured. On a side note Wentz hasn’t beaten a Russell Wilson once so far. I didn’t see it happening last year either. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

We know how he handled it. The same way he handled the three years prior. Injured. On a side note Wentz hasn’t beaten a Russell Wilson once so far. I didn’t see it happening last year either. 

Yeah but I mean if he doesn't take that illegal hit. We can't say that he would have led us to a win.