Fire Schwartz Mock rounds 1-3 added

ibleedgreen1990

We could completely clean house and I would probly agree with most of that but I think Pederson and Howie will be able to swindle their way into returning; Howie in an altered role. He reverts back to the good ol' chip kelly days where he is basically the Eagles banker. We absolutely fire Jim Schwartz. Putting Gerry 1v1 vs Claypool after getting torched all game is the last straw.

We also hire an offensive coordinator to advise Doug to run the damn ball.

GM Hire:

Daniel Jeremiah - This is a perfect fit. Gives him the chance to adjust to the NFL life again without having to worry about the contract side of things. He will just tell Howie who to get and will run our draft.

Defensive Coordinator:

Dan Quinn - He will run a defense that is simple and allows players to over achieve. 

Offensive Coordinator:

Josh McCown - He gets a promotion from being the oldest practice squad player. He knows Wentz and has seen him up close. Has seen him succeed and struggle. Can be the voice in his head to get him back to the basics again.

Trades:

There are a lot of people that I want to keep. A few players that I will keep but make a little less sense with the scheme change. Will explain below. 

Fletcher Cox for a 2nd round pick - There will be a team that is on the cusp of the SB and a 2nd rounder is well worth a difference maker on the back end of his career.

Zach Ertz for a 2nd - With him under performing IDK if we get this but he still is a big name at TE. Goedert is just as good IMO and we have a couple risers. Also would like to see how Hakeem Butler plays out.

Brandin Graham and a 5th for a 3rd - Wont get better value for Graham than right now. Would likely net a 4th by himself but we add to it to get a higher pick in return.

Notable Cuts:

Desean Jackson WR

Corey Clement RB

Rodney McCloud FS

Let Walk:

Jason Peters LT

Jalen Mills DB

Nate Sudfeld QB

Nate Gerry LB

Greg Ward WR

Duke Riley LB

Re-Structure:

Brandin Brooks - RG

Carson Wentz - QB

Malik Jackson - DT

Extend:

Travis Fulgham WR

Draft:

I think we look into going LB in the first if there is a difference maker waiting for us. We need a thumper in the middle of the field. We should also look into a WR if a top tier slips into the early second where we are likely to be. We need to go defense heavy and only take a WR and maybe a later round TE or OL. Too early IMO to predict picks at this point. Will make draft selection later into the season.

1. Creed Humphrey - C Oklahoma

2. Trevon Moehrig - S TCU

2. Hamsah Nasirildeen - S Florida State

2. Nick Bolton - ILB Mizzou

3. Jabril Cox - OLB NDSU

3. TJ Vasher - WR Texas Tech

Probably all over the place with the rankings but wanted to put a couple rounds out there. Think with our new coordinator we need LB and Safeties that can help take pressure off our corners in a zone scheme. Would still like to go after CB, DE, and a later round G/TE but dont know enough players as of now.

You lost me at Dan Quinn.  His defenses collapse worse than the roman empire did. 

22 minutes ago, What The F said:

You lost me at Dan Quinn.  His defenses collapse worse than the roman empire did. 

Last time he was in charge of just a defense they were pretty good 

head coaching definitely a different story

Umm... There's no mock here though. 

And if we let all of those guys leave how do we replace them?

And restructure Wentz? So you're doubling down on Wentz then? Tieing us in for even longer with a guy that we aren't even sure on?

I think the dead money make it almost impossible to get rid of Cox, Graham, and McLeod. 

Im back and forth on Quinn. The Falcons defense falls apart really easily, but he was defensive coordinator for the Seahawks for a year or two. Now did he live off of what Pete Carroll and Gus Bradley built or did he contribute to their success? The results with the Falcons seem to dictate he was more so along for the ride. 

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Umm... There's no mock here though. 

And if we let all of those guys leave how do we replace them?

And restructure Wentz? So you're doubling down on Wentz then? Tieing us in for even longer with a guy that we aren't even sure on?

Mock offseason.

we are already tied to wentz.. as it is though we don’t have as much wiggle room to surround him with talent. I think after this season he will understand he needs support around him and allow our gms to adjust his contract and make that happen.

28 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

I think the dead money make it almost impossible to get rid of Cox, Graham, and McLeod. 

Im back and forth on Quinn. The Falcons defense falls apart really easily, but he was defensive coordinator for the Seahawks for a year or two. Now did he live off of what Pete Carroll and Gus Bradley built or did he contribute to their success? The results with the Falcons seem to dictate he was more so along for the ride. 

I’m honestly not sure... but wouldn’t trading them help alleviate some of that contract? 

anyone that we hire is Probly going to come with a bunch of "buts”... didn’t Quinn come before Gus Bradley? Might be mistaken on that one. 

4 minutes ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

Mock offseason.

we are already tied to wentz.. as it is though we don’t have as much wiggle room to surround him with talent. I think after this season he will understand he needs support around him and allow our gms to adjust his contract and make that happen.

We are tied to Wentz but why double down on that? 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

We are tied to Wentz but why double down on that? 

Why is it doubling down? At the end of this we remain committed (nothing changes there) and we free up cap for more talent.

A lower annual would also make him more tradable if we feel the need too.

Not sure why you see this as a problem.

2 minutes ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

Why is it doubling down? At the end of this we remain committed (nothing changes there) and we free up cap for more talent.

A lower annual would also make him more tradable if we feel the need too.

Not sure why you see this as a problem.

Because to restructure you are very likely adding years, moving money around and that would tie us in for longer. 

8 minutes ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

I’m honestly not sure... but wouldn’t trading them help alleviate some of that contract? 

anyone that we hire is Probly going to come with a bunch of "buts”... didn’t Quinn come before Gus Bradley? Might be mistaken on that one. 

No. Gus was first. 

Youd be paying those players almost their full contract to not be here. You aren't saving enough to make it worth moving on because you won't have money to sign replacement players that are worth anything. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Because to restructure you are very likely adding years, moving money around and that would tie us in for longer. 

Yes, to restructure you are moving money around. You would be taking part of his guaranteed money this year and making it a bonus. 

If we decided to extend the contract and give the same money over a longer time and add bonuses to make the difference that would also be a win because we would free up annual cap. Also like I said it makes Wentz more able to be traded.

2 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

No. Gus was first. 

Youd be paying those players almost their full contract to not be here. You aren't saving enough to make it worth moving on because you won't have money to sign replacement players that are worth anything. 

How does it work then when players get traded just to dump contracts? What triggers the new team taking on the contract?

4 minutes ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

How does it work then when players get traded just to dump contracts? What triggers the new team taking on the contract?

It's complicated and I don't fully understand it myself. But if a contract still has dead money on it the Eagles are responsible for that money on the salary cap. The dead money is usually the signing bonus spread out over the length of the contract. So the money is already paid but the salary cap shows that it's being paid each year if they are cut/traded. 

14 minutes ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

Yes, to restructure you are moving money around. You would be taking part of his guaranteed money this year and making it a bonus. 

If we decided to extend the contract and give the same money over a longer time and add bonuses to make the difference that would also be a win because we would free up annual cap. Also like I said it makes Wentz more able to be traded.

A year after signing his long term deal I don't see Wentz signing a restructured deal unless it benefits him financially and gives him even more long term security. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

A year after signing his long term deal I don't see Wentz signing a restructured deal unless it benefits him financially and gives him even more long term security. 

Players do it all the time... he would see the same amount of money and would be more likely so succeed with more talent around him. 

Although I gave you some inspiration in my latest mock, I like your thinking. But this one’s incomplete. You didn’t give us a mock draft. Insinuating we might go LB in the first is not only not exactly specific but also bold because, as you already know, the Eagles haven’t drafted an off ball linebacker in the first round in about 40 years. 

Besides the only two linebackers who are projected to go in the top 15 are Mycah Parsons and Dylan Moses. Yes, the LB class is deep and talented but there are no other LB’s worthy to be picked in the top 20.

So?! What’s it gonna be?!

On 10/13/2020 at 8:59 AM, Ray75 said:

Although I gave you some inspiration in my latest mock, I like your thinking. But this one’s incomplete. You didn’t give us a mock draft. Insinuating we might go LB in the first is not only not exactly specific but also bold because, as you already know, the Eagles haven’t drafted an off ball linebacker in the first round in about 40 years. 

Besides the only two linebackers who are projected to go in the top 15 are Mycah Parsons and Dylan Moses. Yes, the LB class is deep and talented but there are no other LB’s worthy to be picked in the top 20.

So?! What’s it gonna be?!

Boom! Didn’t go lb in round one haha. Not totally sure if I got people in the right rounds right now but these are "my guys” so far. 

18 hours ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

Boom! Didn’t go lb in round one haha. Not totally sure if I got people in the right rounds right now but these are "my guys” so far. 

A center, two LB’s, two safeties and a receiver?! Hmmm...I like the prospects but it’s a bit overkill for me and you completely ingnored outside cornerback.

If we pick in the top 10 I’d be extremely dissapointed if we take Creed Humphrey there. Not that I dislike the player but I think it’s just too early to take a center there and personally I want a game changer in the top 10. An elite CB, top flight WR, stud DE, DT, OT, a generational LB or a QB not a center...sorry!

It’s too early to tell where prospects will probably go. If you’d ask me now I’d say Creed is a top 20 pick. Bolton and Nasirildeen could sneak into the first round, say somewhere between 20 and 32, and the other prospects could go anywhere from mid second round to early third.

8 hours ago, Ray75 said:

A center, two LB’s, two safeties and a receiver?! Hmmm...I like the prospects but it’s a bit overkill for me and you completely ingnored outside cornerback.

If we pick in the top 10 I’d be extremely dissapointed if we take Creed Humphrey there. Not that I dislike the player but I think it’s just too early to take a center there and personally I want a game changer in the top 10. An elite CB, top flight WR, stud DE, DT, OT, a generational LB or a QB not a center...sorry!

It’s too early to tell where prospects will probably go. If you’d ask me now I’d say Creed is a top 20 pick. Bolton and Nasirildeen could sneak into the first round, say somewhere between 20 and 32, and the other prospects could go anywhere from mid second round to early third.

I don’t think we pick top 10.

Probly a bit overkill but i think we should focus on rebuilding where we are weakest. We are very weak at safety as is and in this mock we lose a player that started at safety in mccloud and also a player who filled in for a while as one in mills. So we need 2 and don’t have money to get a Fa.

i think linebacker is the same. Gerry should be on the practice squad at best and outside of him our best linebacker is duke Riley. So we need playmakers there.

we retain our starting outside cbs from this season and move to a scheme that keeps two safeties over the top pretty regularly in this mock. I need study up a bit better and could likely snag a later round (after the third) cb. 

1 hour ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

I don’t think we pick top 10.

Probly a bit overkill but i think we should focus on rebuilding where we are weakest. We are very weak at safety as is and in this mock we lose a player that started at safety in mccloud and also a player who filled in for a while as one in mills. So we need 2 and don’t have money to get a Fa.

i think linebacker is the same. Gerry should be on the practice squad at best and outside of him our best linebacker is duke Riley. So we need playmakers there.

we retain our starting outside cbs from this season and move to a scheme that keeps two safeties over the top pretty regularly in this mock. I need study up a bit better and could likely snag a later round (after the third) cb. 

Even if we don’t pick in the top 10, I’m not a fan of taking a center in the first. Period!

McCleod is playing good football btw and has one more year left on his contract. Parks hasn’t played yet and Wallace is a rookie. We don’t know what we have there! Let’s wait and see first.

We could definitely use a good young safety but outside CB has been our achilles heel for about 10 years now. Last time we had a good duo; Asante Samuel and Sheldon Brown. That’s unacceptable!.

No matter the scheme, Maddox is NOT an outside corner or do you think he’ll grow 3 inches taller in a new one?! 

We definitely need to start valuing the LB position more but before I’d use two relatively high draft picks on LB’s I first want to know what we have in Taylor and Bradley. Therefor I’d start by using just one high draft pick on the position...

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Even if we don’t pick in the top 10, I’m not a fan of taking a center in the first. Period!

Definitely not. No center, no guard. Not in the first thanks. And anyway we have Seumalo who is pretty good, Herbig is developing quite nicely and Driscoll may kick inside too. Plus we have Brooks coming back next year. 

12 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Definitely not. No center, no guard. Not in the first thanks. And anyway we have Seumalo who is pretty good, Herbig is developing quite nicely and Driscoll may kick inside too. Plus we have Brooks coming back next year. 

And if the young guys in Mailata, Dillard, Herbig and Driscoll pan out or even remotely show signs of true potential, I wouldn’t touch OL in the first 4 rounds!

I’d go CB. LB, S and WR with our first 4 picks (if we have those in the first 3 rounds).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ray75 said:

And if the young guys in Mailata, Dillard, Herbig and Driscoll pan out or even remotely show signs of true potential, I wouldn’t touch OL in the first 4 rounds!

I’d go CB. LB, S and WR with our first 4 picks (if we have those in the first 3 rounds).

Agreed. I mean next year we have Lane at RT and Brooks back at RG. I think Kelce retires so that's a major issue but then we have Seumalo at LG, Dillard or Mailata at LT and Driscoll who is versatile plus Herbig who is playing fairly well. And maybe Wanogho develops too.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Agreed. I mean next year we have Lane at RT and Brooks back at RG. I think Kelce retires so that's a major issue but then we have Seumalo at LG, Dillard or Mailata at LT and Driscoll who is versatile plus Herbig who is playing fairly well. And maybe Wanogho develops too.

I’d go one step further; I wouldn’t touch both the O and D-line at all in the draft!

If the young O-lineman pan out, you won’t have too and if we’re not trading Cox, BG, Jackson and keep Barnett, our DL is fine.

I’d use all my draft resources on getting the CB-, S- and LB-position right, if Fulgham is the real deal a dangerous slot receiver to help CW even more and a backup TE if we lose Ertz in a trade.

Those would be my priorities if I were the GM but the main emphasis in this draft would be to balance the defense out by giving the DC talent at every level.