Offensive plays you hate the most

Once we get a list going I will start a poll.

The play I hate the most is the fake reverse then run the back between guard and tackle.  Nothing about that Canadian Football League motion fools anybody.

Any WR screen. They just dont work in the NFL anymore. 9 out of 10 times its a 2 yard gain or less. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Any WR screen. They just dont work in the NFL anymore. 9 out of 10 times its a 2 yard gain or less. 

Except against us when Pitt ran that bubble into the endzone......

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

I was just going to say, WR screens that pick up 3 yards on 3rd and 9. 

• Like 1

I’ve always disliked the WR screens especially for this team, because the quarterback isn’t accurate enough to throw it and our defense seems to be a sucker for it all game long. That’s a play that should have stayed in college IMO.

• Like 1

Throwing to Ertz on 3rd down behind the 1st down marker and thinking he's going to gain the extra yards and fight for 1st down.

WR screens or simply throwing sideways to a WR along the LOS and expecting him to gain yards.  Seems like they never work.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DeathByEagle said:

Didn't Agholor just run one into the endzone against KC on Sunday?

Double play action reverse end around fake screen to a TE on 3rd and short.

We need 1-2 yards so let’s dial up a play that does not start until Wentz is 12 yards into the backfield by the time he’s ready to dump the ball off 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

The joke is the WR screens do work against aggressive defenses...like us.

The ones where Wentz holds on to the ball when the play is obviously dead and takes a sack.  Does that count?

• Like 3

Failed screen behind the los on third down which takes the offence out of field goal range.

5 wide where all the receivers run a hitch route to the sticks then turn standing still waiting for the pass. Especially on 3rd and short. 

• Like 1

Let me put it this way about bubble screens: bubbles are made to be popped, and most of these are popped for neg yardage up to 2 yard gains. HATE.
To the 25 offensive coordinators on the team: Bubbles POP.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ten + years ago Andy Reid proved to me just how stubborn he was by constantly calling the WR screen for no yds. or negative yds.

The problem has always been: the opposing D penetrates the screen and stops the play before it can gain any yds.

Note to OC: pull the WR screen outta the playbook. The Eagles can't run it effectively. 

Slow developing running plays on 3rd/4th and short or on the goal line that gives the DL time to get a push and penetrate.  

• Like 1