Bell has just been released...

GeorgeM37

1 hour ago, birdman#12 said:

Sanders is a very good back, no argument there.  But Bell, behind a good line, is one of the best in the league. But he's also 3 years removed from playing behind a good line, so maybe that has taken away some of his effectiveness. 

The eagles don't run enough, but they are both excellent receivers...so whether running or passing, I think they could be an effective combination. 

The other issue to consider though, is what if Sanders gets hurt?  Bell could be a pretty dam good insurance policy.  But I doubt the eagles have much interest.

At the right price, and if he says the right things, everyone's interested. 

Anyway, these days the FO seems a bit too worried about what the fans think, and half of Philadelphia apparently wants the Eagles to throw the rest of the season, so you can imagine how they'd react to a Bell signing.

Bring him in. We need a power back. Hard to say he would be worse than running in quick sand Clement.

3 hours ago, birdman#12 said:

The other issue to consider though, is what if Sanders gets hurt?  Bell could be a pretty dam good insurance policy.  But I doubt the eagles have much interest.

I hate to say it but so what if Sanders does get hurt? I mean it would be a blow absolutely but this is a bad football team regardless. 

I wouldn't mind having him here if he could co-exist with Miles.  I am not impressed with our backup RBs.  The problem is that he is leaving the Jets because he didn't think he was involved in the offense enough, and that's not gonna change here either.  So, yeah, probably not gonna work out here.

I do have a prediction: he signs with the Patriots.  Jets end up paying for his services, Patriots use him to beat the Jets.  It would make Le'Veon happy.  Belichick is pretty good at taking 'cancers' at making them contribute.  

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I hate to say it but so what if Sanders does get hurt? I mean it would be a blow absolutely but this is a bad football team regardless. 

Hey You can throw in the towel, but until they are eliminated from the division or the playoffs, they're going to have to replace Sanders if he gets hurt.  Clement and Scott just isn't enough.  

I'm not suggesting they TRY and sign Bell, but they were looking at Freeman earlier, before the Giants signed him.  So it appears that there was some desire for a veteran RB in this backfield.

On 10/13/2020 at 10:34 PM, philafan4o8 said:

Lol yall are giving the NFC East too much credit. The Giants can still win the division. If you watched the Dallas game, the Giants did not look like a team that is trying to tank.

I don't know if "the Giants" are trying to tank - or not - but the players would never. Their on field performance is their resume'.

@ OP - I'll pass on Bell.

We're probably good enough to accidentally climb out of this awful division without Bell and no more likely to avoid a first play off game embarrassment with him, so I'm not interested.

• Like 1

So Doug said the Eagles have no interest in Bell and that he’s happy with his group. First off that’s a lie, cause we know they have Freemon in for a visit earlier in the season and on top of that Clement and Scott have looked horrible. What Doug is really saying is despite being put out on a limb to answer a question beyond my control I’ve already been informed by Howie we can’t get Bell. The truth is signing Bell is above Doug’s pay grade. Being the good soldier that he is he chose to fall on the sword here. 

3 hours ago, Nivraga said:

I don't know if "the Giants" are trying to tank - or not - but the players would never. Their on field performance is their resume'.

@ OP - I'll pass on Bell.

I'll pass on him too.

But I am saying the coaches are trying to tank either. The fake field goal that was called back against the cowboys doesn't happen from a team that is looking to lose

1 hour ago, philafan4o8 said:

I'll pass on him too.

But I am saying the coaches are trying to tank either. The fake field goal that was called back against the cowboys doesn't happen from a team that is looking to lose

I'm not disagreeing with you. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Sounds like he’s going to KC. 

Yeah that could be pretty devastating for the rest of the NFL... How is their rookie getting on?