Wentz had something click...

Portyansky

This is not an excuse thread. I have been a huge Wentz supporter. But this season I have said enough is enough until he gets back to something that resembles 2017 Wentz.

After his 1st season I felt we had something special. You could see the flashes, you could see something was there. Well, after re-watching the Pitts game, I seen that. Mainly the throws to Ward and especially Fulgham. That TD to Fulgham showed how he read through his progressions and came back to Fulgham. I think this Sunday we will see that confidence back. I'm expecting a big game from him. 

• Like 2

He needs to use his legs to move the pocket and run if needed. Wentz is not and never was a pocket passer. It also helps that he has a legit WR to throw to as well. I also think that not having a pre-season with all the new players on offense was a big deal. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Big___Al said:

"Wentz had something click."

Unfortunately, it was in his knee...

To some on this board, it wouldn't be unfortunate...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Portyansky said:

I have been a huge Wentz supporter. But this season I have said enough is enough until he gets back to something that resembles 2017 Wentz. After his 1st season I felt we had something special. You could see the flashes, you could see something was there. Well, after re-watching the Pitts game, I seen that. Mainly the throws to Ward and especially Fulgham. That TD to Fulgham showed how he read through his progressions and came back to Fulgham. I think this Sunday we will see that confidence back. I'm expecting a big game from him. 

I hope you're right . . . but I have little to no confidence that our OL will be able to fight off the Ravens' pass-rush. Pittsburg was a step up defensively from what we'd seen earlier . . . but the Ravens are the real deal. Linebackers are solid or very good, as are the corners & DL. I don't know how tough they are in rush defense statistically but Pederson often bails on the run game anyways so what's the difference?

I expect an Eagles loss . . . I just hope it's not embarrassing.

Hope I'm wrong.     

1 hour ago, McNabbIsDone said:

I hope you're right . . . but I have little to no confidence that our OL will be able to fight off the Ravens' pass-rush. Pittsburg was a step up defensively from what we'd seen earlier . . . but the Ravens are the real deal. Linebackers are solid or very good, as are the corners & DL. I don't know how tough they are in rush defense statistically but Pederson often bails on the run game anyways so what's the difference?

I expect an Eagles loss . . . I just hope it's not embarrassing.

Hope I'm wrong.     

I think at the beginning of the year most people had us losing this game regardless.  But, I hope they prove everyone wrong obviously. 

I suspect Carson is going to be erratic most of his career. Poor fundamentals = inaccuracy/high throws, and its hard to improve your fundamentals when you’re uncoachable. He’s going to have great games and awful games. Whether he will ever be that guy that will sit in the pocket composed and pick apart a defense with precision passing I doubt. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Runtherock said:

I suspect Carson is going to be erratic most of his career. Poor fundamentals = inaccuracy/high throws, and its hard to improve your fundamentals when you’re uncoachable. He’s going to have great games and awful games. Whether he will ever be that guy that will sit in the pocket composed and pick apart a defense with precision passing I doubt. 

He has definitely been much better when he scrambles around. I know he is injury prone. But he has to run with the ball more often.

Eh, I wish I had your confidence, but I simply don’t. People were saying the same thing at the end of last year, then he comes out and stinks up the joint for 3 weeks to start this season. He is simply inconsistent. 

He was definitely better on Sunday. The first INT I still argue is on him but the second was essentially just a punt.

What I found a little odd on that second INT, and this is absolutely not on Wentz, is why we only had one guy deep down field? If the aim is to go deep, which it had to be, then why just the one guy? Send more surely? 

He made some nice throws though and he put up 28 points on a pretty good defense. Let's see if he can continue to show signs of improvement. I hope so. 

12 hours ago, Portyansky said:

This is not an excuse thread. I have been a huge Wentz supporter. But this season I have said enough is enough until he gets back to something that resembles 2017 Wentz.

After his 1st season I felt we had something special. You could see the flashes, you could see something was there. Well, after re-watching the Pitts game, I seen that. Mainly the throws to Ward and especially Fulgham. That TD to Fulgham showed how he read through his progressions and came back to Fulgham. I think this Sunday we will see that confidence back. I'm expecting a big game from him. 

He had a QB rating of 75.7, I think it's more a case of we've been so awful, you get out the party hats at an ordinary performance, he was better certainly, but better is a relative term, he's still not in the same area code as his 2017 performance, he's pacing 1.8 picks a game against 1.2 TD's, and he's got another guy out of the O Line this week against a defense that is the best we've faced so far by a distance.

Honestly lower your expectations for the year, it'll feel better, we aren't going to suddenly break out and kick the leagues ass it is what it is.

thumb_lieutenant-buzzkill-reporting-for-duty-how-is-that-a-buzzkill-50085119.png

Carson might be the only quarterback in the league who threw two picks in a game and everyone be like "he’s back!” 😂

• Haha 5

16 hours ago, DoWorx said:

He needs to use his legs to move the pocket and run if needed. Wentz is not and never was a pocket passer. It also helps that he has a legit WR to throw to as well. I also think that not having a pre-season with all the new players on offense was a big deal. 

For those who Pooh-Pooh preseason, the first few games demonstrate to me why team skill players with many new additions  need more than camp to get synced up and find out who can and who can't.

• Like 1

Ginger Jameis is clicking right along at a phenomenal interception pace in 2020.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VeeMak said:

Ginger Jameis is clicking right along at a phenomenal interception pace in 2020.  

Get outta here with that!

18 minutes ago, VeeMak said:

Carson throws 30 picks this season, and the fanboys will tell you 25 of them weren’t his fault so he’s really the leagues MVP. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, eglz1 said:

For those who Pooh-Pooh preseason, the first few games demonstrate to me why team skill players with many new additions  need more than camp to get synced up and find out who can and who can't.

The only thing preseason would have helped this team is getting injured sooner.

• Like 1

He needs to use his legs more. He's better on the run and for whatever reason he gets in a zone whenever he gets hit which can obviously be a double edged sword. He loves playing physical and he gets locked in. Just wish he could be smart about how to do it. I heard the announcers say the same thing last week about Trevor Lawrence that he gets zoned in whenever he gets hit. The first 2-3 weeks this year I don't think Wentz had one rushing attempt. 

On 10/17/2020 at 2:21 AM, nipples said:

Eh, I wish I had your confidence, but I simply don’t. People were saying the same thing at the end of last year, then he comes out and stinks up the joint for 3 weeks to start this season. He is simply inconsistent. 

He starts games and the seasons slow. Hots one sweat spot to give hope them falls short.

Well here come the Giants. Perfect time for everyone to get right and beat up on a bad team so everyone can start claiming super bowlzzzz again.

WenTz SUcKs STarT HurTS!!!!!

Lol. The boy wonder ain't gonna do anything with 8 starters out of the lineup, a O line where most of them will be changing your oil at Jiffy Lube next year. Oh and the only "weapons" are a guy off the Practice squad and a Tight End that is still having a temper tantrum over his contract and no longer cares. But it's easier to go " WeNTz SucKs!!!"

Wentz has certainly had some bad games and makes some terrible throws at times but anyone that questions his heart or that he doesn't give 100% can STFU. He never quits and does what he can with what he has to work with out there. And never once blamed anyone in the media but himself. Can't believe the wretch this team has surrounded him with his entire career. I mean he's had basically one year with a decent WR corp and RB group. The defense has been abysmal as well. 

8 minutes ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

Wentz has certainly had some bad games and makes some terrible throws at times but anyone that questions his heart or that he doesn't give 100% can STFU. He never quits and does what he can with what he has to work with out there. And never once blamed anyone in the media but himself. Can't believe the wretch this team has surrounded him with his entire career. I mean he's had basically one year with a decent WR corp and RB group. The defense has been abysmal as well. 

That's what Eagles fans do. They have always had a back up QB fetish. The Foles miracle just sent it into overdrive. All these Hurts nut huggers never saw him play a down in college if they think he is something special. He is a gimmicky run first college QB.