Jamon Brown. Gotta look good I guess....

Portyansky

He said in an interview during game week that he wanted to put his own 'swag' on the position, then proceeds to get obliterated on the first play of the game to give up a sack. 

• Haha 5

My goodness. I’m not even mad though. At this point they’re throwing Arena football level guys out there. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

Guy can't play a lick. What else is he supposed to do? ;)

Get more guys off the other team's practice squad!!! If there is a OL available on any other teams practice squad, there is 99% chance it will be an improvement over Brown. LOL.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ToDie4Eagles said:

Is he starting again this Thursday?

Please say no....

Unfortunately I don't think there is much of a choice.  The only other option on the roster (or practice squad) at the moment is Opeta.  I wouldn't be opposed to giving Opeta a look if they felt he was ready (only the coaches know if he is).  Could he be worse than Brown was?  But guessing on a short week it will be Brown again.  Maybe they want to see if he looks that bad again or if he just needed a game to settle in.  We'll see tomorrow.  

11 hours ago, New Zealand Eagle said:

He said in an interview during game week that he wanted to put his own 'swag' on the position, then proceeds to get obliterated on the first play of the game to give up a sack. 

@Shocker54 is a right guard? 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Unfortunately I don't think there is much of a choice.  The only other option on the roster (or practice squad) at the moment is Opeta.  I wouldn't be opposed to giving Opeta a look if they felt he was ready (only the coaches know if he is).  Could he be worse than Brown was?  But guessing on a short week it will be Brown again.  Maybe they want to see if he looks that bad again or if he just needed a game to settle in.  We'll see tomorrow.  

Yeah Herbig absolutely stunk his first game before settling down to at least looking like he may have played some football before, also the fact Brown has another rookie outside him at right tackle doesn't help him at all. at this point putting another PS guy in for a game causes more problems than it can possibly solve.

38 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Yeah Herbig absolutely stunk his first game before settling down to at least looking like he may have played some football before, also the fact Brown has another rookie outside him at right tackle doesn't help him at all. at this point putting another PS guy in for a game causes more problems than it can possibly solve.

On a short week it makes sense to roll with Brown again and hope he just needed a game to settle in.  If he stink it up again they have 10 days until the Dallas game to plug someone else in and get him ready.  

That is ridiculous! I mean what is an experienced player doing fiddling with their gloves? For that matter never mind experienced, no player should be messing around with their gloves until the play is over. If we weren't so desperate along the OL he should be cut for that nonsense.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That is ridiculous! I mean what is an experienced player doing fiddling with their gloves? For that matter never mind experienced, no player should be messing around with their gloves until the play is over. If we weren't so desperate along the OL he should be cut for that nonsense.

Your wish has been realized ... Brown has been  released.

35 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Your wish has been realized ... Brown has been  released.

I can't say I'm entirely surprised... although this is an OL that's already really struggling so that's a slight surprise from that perspective. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I can't say I'm entirely surprised... although this is an OL that's already really struggling so that's a slight surprise from that perspective. 

Obviously he just doesn't give a crap so screw him

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

all those things would explain a player getting beat / or missing an assignment. But it doesn't explain / excuse getting blown up back to Pattison Avenue

8 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

@Shocker54 is a right guard? 

That line was begging for a Shocker reference, but why did you tag him? Dear God, WHY DID YOU TAG HIM?!?!

Just now, EaglesRocker97 said:

That line was begging for a Shocker reference, but why did you tag him? Dear God, WHY DID YOU TAG HIM?!?!

Someone needs to save this thread. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Shocker makes the board worse, not better.

That mans a saint among morons. 

10 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

That mans a saint among morons. 

He is a moron, and his vacation from the board has been a blessing.  The fact that no one has even noticed tells you all you need to know what we think about him.

10 minutes ago, downundermike said:

He is a moron, and his vacation from the board has been a blessing.  The fact that no one has even noticed tells you all you need to know what we think about him.

Every board needs its clown.