Jamon Brown. Gotta look good I guess....

Portyansky

45 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

I'm confused, wasn't Croom already off the PS?

There's some weird rule this year with being ab,e to activate players for games off the practice squad. 

19 hours ago, ToDie4Eagles said:

Is he starting again this Thursday?

Please say no....

He gone. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, NOTW said:

Screenshot_20201021-143741_Facebook.jpg

Wait? How was Croom not on the active roster already after Ertz got a 3 to 4 week injury during a game Croom was on the active roster for?

1 minute ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Wait? How was Croom not on the active roster already after Ertz got a 3 to 4 week injury during a game Croom was on the active roster for?

He was probably one of those PS guys you can protect and call up every week?

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Ah yeah, of course.

So presumably Opeta is playing guard and we've got Brett Toth if Lane can't make it through a full game?

In all seriousness where is the point in the injury debacle when the team at least kicks the tyres on free agent linemen who've actually played professional football, if we haven't passed it already? I know they worked out Cordy Glenn but beyond that?

I get that we're not really in shape to win this year, but at the same time if Wentz is the guy going forwards then letting the line deteriorate to the extent where your next option is a 2 year practice squad refugee off the street seems negligent.

How much cap is Marshall Newhouse or Jordan Mills for example going to eat to provide a proper covering tackle.

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Correct.  He was designated as "protected" on Oct 13th and then a few days later was one of the two elevated to the active roster for the Baltimore game (to be sent back down to the practice squad but not having to go through waivers in the process).  

Croom.PNG

• Like 1

On 10/21/2020 at 12:25 AM, ToDie4Eagles said:

Is he starting again this Thursday?

Please say no....

He was waived and is expected back on the PS (Not sure why), but Pryor has been taken off the Covid List, so Pryor will play tonight.

1 hour ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

So presumably Opeta is playing guard and we've got Brett Toth if Lane can't make it through a full game?

In all seriousness where is the point in the injury debacle when the team at least kicks the tyres on free agent linemen who've actually played professional football, if we haven't passed it already? I know they worked out Cordy Glenn but beyond that?

I get that we're not really in shape to win this year, but at the same time if Wentz is the guy going forwards then letting the line deteriorate to the extent where your next option is a 2 year practice squad refugee off the street seems negligent.

How much cap is Marshall Newhouse or Jordan Mills for example going to eat to provide a proper covering tackle.

Pryor is back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

What do you think Jamon Brown was?

Jamon Brown actually does look good on the waiver wire. It sucks they even want to bring him back on the PS. 

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

What do you think Jamon Brown was?

Not a tackle, we're down to third string (notionally) at Left Tackle and have Lane Johnson battling with ankle pain on the right, last time Lane came back he was in and out of the game, we've got a 3 year project guy who hasn't played a snap behind him as we speak.

Even as a guard Brown is an odd choice given people like Warford and Leary were available for cheap at this stage, although Leary retired last week so that avenue may be closed.

They re-signed Jamon Brown to the practice squad.  So he's hangin around!

7 hours ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

He was cut. Good riddance.

But then he was brought back on the PS and promoted to the active roster...

• Sad 1

On 10/23/2020 at 2:25 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But then he was brought back on the PS and promoted to the active roster...

OH NO!!! Were the rest of the OL on the other teams practice squads... dead? This dude sucks. I wish we would give someone also a chance.

1 hour ago, Traveler Vic said:

OH NO!!! Were the rest of the OL on the other teams practice squads... dead? This dude sucks. I wish we would give someone also a chance.

I think basically they were desperate and had no choice really. 

He'll be gone when they activate Peters. The Eagles just want us to stop griping about Peters when he does return. Brown is the cure for that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, brkmsn said:

He'll be gone when they activate Peters. The Eagles just want us to stop griping about Peters when he does return. Brown is the cure for that.

I like it... Brown has made Peters look good. 

Of course I mean this year and not Peters overall. We all know he's a HoF player.