Eagles Worked Out Kicker (Is Elliott's Job in Jeopardy?)

time2rock

On 10/21/2020 at 6:56 PM, Uscg-green said:

He is money under 50. 50 plus has always been a crap shoot. Maybe stop trotting him out for 57 yard kicks in windy Pittsburgh?

Is 29 yards under 50?

Work out a few more. Snatch someone off a practice squad if you have to. Enough is enough. 

• Like 1

Sign Hajrullahu or another kicker to the practice squad.  Elevate him to the active roster on game day and give him a shot while in the process "benching" Elliott for a game or two.  Maybe a little time off will help him get his confidence back.  

51 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Sign Hajrullahu or another kicker to the practice squad.  Elevate him to the active roster on game day and give him a shot while in the process "benching" Elliott for a game or two.  Maybe a little time off will help him get his confidence back.  

Ah but... Apparently he has this contract where if we cut him (which lets be honest you aren't keeping 2 kickers on the roster when we have so many injuries) then the cap hit is pretty big for a kicker. Another great Howie move.

26 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Ah but... Apparently he has this contract where if we cut him (which lets be honest you aren't keeping 2 kickers on the roster when we have so many injuries) then the cap hit is pretty big for a kicker. Another great Howie move.

I wasn't suggesting cutting Elliott ... I mentioned benching him for a game or 2 to get his head together (in much the same way they did with Agholor a few years ago).  

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

I wasn't suggesting cutting Elliott ... I mentioned benching him for a game or 2 to get his head together (in much the same way they did with Agholor a few years ago).  

Yes but as I said this roster can't afford to have 2 kickers right now... They have to use their protected PS call ups for guys they really may need on game day. 

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yes but as I said this roster can't afford to have 2 kickers right now... They have to use their protected PS call ups for guys they really may need on game day. 

Inactivate JJAW 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Inactivate JJAW 😂

What with his average of 1 play per game for the last 3 games? Noooooo how will we ever survive? 😂

Time to challenge him regardless of his contract. How long do they have wait (if at all) to restructure his contract?

5 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Doug says he still has confidence with Jake

Don't think Doug has much choice... He knows full well because Howie is so good at his job that Elliott isn't going anywhere.