We Are...Penn State!

RebelJedi

2 hours ago, SB52 said:

Chris Fowler said something interesting this morning. He said the Happy Valley crowd has gone from reserved (when he was a kid) to "the best in college sports.”

I’ve noticed the exact same thing. Growing up I was shocked by the lack of crowd noise on game days. Now the atmosphere is electric.

Leave it to the students to lead the older crowds at Beaver Stadium into creating one of the best home field advantages in the country.  

Great game.  Some of offenses play calling was strange.  Defense wins another one. Terrible officiating.

• 3 weeks later...

So your out off bounds and the non ball carrying hand touch’s the pylon it a TD ?

39 minutes ago, Talkingbirds said:

So your out off bounds and the non ball carrying hand touch’s the pylon it a TD ?

I don't believe it is no. I think they had this in the NFL last weekend didn't they? May have been... Coupons I think who dived for the end zone and touched the pylon with the non ball carrying hand. No TD.

12 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't believe it is no. I think they had this in the NFL last weekend didn't they? May have been... Coupons I think who dived for the end zone and touched the pylon with the non ball carrying hand. No TD.

Are college rules different ?

Roberson looked pretty good out there.  The sack at the end of the drive could have gone better but other than that, he looked decisive and he got the ball out quick when passing.   And he’s running great…keeping Iowa’s defense on their toes. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Almost been a year since the last post in this thread so time to bump it 

Penn State up to #14 in the latest AP polls after routing Auburn.

Nicholas Singleton the next great running back.

WE ARE...PENN STATE

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure what coaches were doing on either side of the ball.  Run game just isn’t working and defense was getting run over.  Why didn’t they crowd line of scrimmage ?   Awful game all around for PSU.  Start of another season collapse ?

• 2 weeks later...

After last week's arse kicking vs, Michigan, I was expecting arse kicking #2 vs. OSU. It was closer than the final score indicates in spite of some questionable calls by Franklin.

• 10 months later...

was at the game Saturday. man, what an atmosphere. i love the Linc and the level of energy in there during eagles games, but there is a different vibe at a college game that can't be duplicated. 

WE ARE ... PENN STATE  - WE ARE ... PENN STATE - WE ARE ... PENN STATE 

THANK YOU .....YOU'RE WELCOME. 

4 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

was at the game Saturday. man, what an atmosphere. i love the Linc and the level of energy in there during eagles games, but there is a different vibe at a college game that can't be duplicated. 

WE ARE ... PENN STATE  - WE ARE ... PENN STATE - WE ARE ... PENN STATE 

THANK YOU .....YOU'RE WELCOME. 

Did everyone stay? Wasn't very competitive. I live in Delaware. They are a great FCS school. And they got a nice check. But they weren't even in the same league. 

1 hour ago, Uscg-green said:

Did everyone stay? Wasn't very competitive. I live in Delaware. They are a great FCS school. And they fit a nice check. But they weren't even in the same league. 

like a lot of others, we rolled out at the end of the 3rd quarter. while delaware couldn't compete on the field, hopefully the exposure does them well. 

1 hour ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

like a lot of others, we rolled out at the end of the 3rd quarter. while delaware couldn't compete on the field, hopefully the exposure does them well. 

Apparently they are trying to move up to FBS in the next few years.

• 1 month later...

Biggest game in years today for Penn State.  Most count them out because of their schedule so far but the games they’ve played - they’ve dominated.  And I can’t remember the last time a Penn State team has dominated for as long as they have.  If they beat Ohio State in Ohio, there’s zero reason they shouldn’t be ranked #1 by Monday. 

I mean was there ever any doubt that Penn State would lose?  Franklin's record against top-ranked opponents says it all.  He can recruit, and his teams will always be relevant, but they will never be good enough to win it all.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Have we fired Franklin yet... No...medocrity at its best and a high price. He must have pictures.