Jason Peters, Jalen Reagor returning to practice for Eagles

EricAllenPick6

From https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/26/jason-peters-jalen-reagor-returning-to-practice-for-eagles/

The Eagles open this week in first place in the NFC East and their bid to stay there will be getting some help from players returning from injured reserve.

Monday morning brought an announcement that the team has opened 21-day practice windows for four players who have been on the list for at least three games. Offensive lineman Jason Peters, wide receiver Jalen Reagor, safety Rudy Ford, and linebacker T.J. Edwards make up the quartet.

Peters has missed three games with a toe injury and head coach Doug Pederson said last Friday that the team hasn’t decided where he’ll play once he’s back. Peters re-signed with the team to play right guard after Brandon Brooks tore his Achilles, but moved to his old left tackle spot when Andre Dillard went down for the year during the summer. Jordan Mailata has played in Peters’ place.

Reagor had thumb surgery after getting hurt in Week 2. The first-round pick had five catches for 96 yards in his first two NFL games.

Edwards and Ford have both missed the last three games. All four players will be eligible to play against the Cowboys in Week 8 or they could wait to return after the bye when the Eagles meet the Giants in Week 10.

I was trying to figure out when Reagor would be back and I saw this article.  Reagor teamed up with Fulgham would be a great sight for Eagle fans!

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

From https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/26/jason-peters-jalen-reagor-returning-to-practice-for-eagles/

I was trying to figure out when Reagor would be back and I saw this article.  Reagor teamed up with Fulgham would be a great sight for Eagle fans!

And Hightower.

I love JP, he's an all-time Eagle and a future Hall of Famer... that said, I'm happy with Mailata's progress at LT and I'm not sure that a change should be made. 

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I love JP, he's an all-time Eagle and a future Hall of Famer... that said, I'm happy with Mailata's progress at LT and I'm not sure that a change should be made. 

Definitely shouldn't be a change. Peters didn't all of a sudden get better after an injury. The Aussie could still improve. 

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Throw JP in at RG.

Will be awesome to see Fulgham, Reagor, Ward, Hightower. And a sprinkle of Alshon to maybe show teams he's ready to play and we can trade him. Lets roll with the young guys.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Portyansky said:

Throw JP in at RG.

Will be awesome to see Fulgham, Reagor, Ward, Hightower. And a sprinkle of Alshon to maybe show teams he's ready to play and we can trade him. Lets roll with the young guys.

I'm still on board with all of this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Honestly... I'd sit JP on the bench. Decent guy to have as back up if we get injuries but why bring him back in at this point? Let the young guys take their lumps and if one goes down then he can come in to cover. He wasn't playing very well before his injury and can bring cover at LT, LG and RG.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Honestly... I'd sit JP on the bench. Decent guy to have as back up if we get injuries but why bring him back in at this point? Let the young guys take their lumps and if one goes down then he can come in to cover. He wasn't playing very well before his injury and can bring cover at LT, LG and RG.

Young OL taking lumps means Wentz is taking lumps.

Opeta is not ever going to be a real starter for this team. As bad as Peters has looked, he's still better than Opeta

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Ross said:

Young OL taking lumps means Wentz is taking lumps.

Opeta is not ever going to be a real starter for this team. As bad as Peters has looked, he's still better than Opeta

Peters stunk as bad as anyone last time he started a game, the notion he's better than anyone at this point is based on sentiment rather than any sort of evidence, Opeta may not develop into a starter but he will improve with experience, Peters is on the other side of that hill

2 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Peters stunk as bad as anyone last time he started a game, the notion he's better than anyone at this point is based on sentiment rather than any sort of evidence, Opeta may not develop into a starter but he will improve with experience, Peters is on the other side of that hill

I wanna see him at RG.

On 10/27/2020 at 6:08 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

My guess is if they bench him he'll never play for us again. Not saying that isn't the right move, just that he has a very large ego.

3 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Opeta's performance against the Giants was probably the worst I've seen by a lineman since Winston Justice got completely decimated by Osi Umenyiora a decade ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Portyansky said:

I wanna see him at RG.

I’m ok with trying it, but I’m not convinced he’ll be any better than our other options. His body is failing him, I truly don’t think he has any passion for the game left (and hasn’t for a few years), and he’s never played guard. 

1 hour ago, Kz! said:

Opeta's performance against the Giants was probably the worst I've seen by a lineman since Winston Justice got completely decimated by Osi Umenyiora a decade ago.

Opeta's performance wasn't even as bad as Nate Herbig's on opening day and Herbig got better with reps and games. Peters was godawful at left tackle last time he was in there, maybe he's better at guard but honestly looking at this season and the contract thing, I'm not sure he has anything left in the tank, nor am I sure a man who's heart was in it would have pulled the contract move. 

1 minute ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Opeta's performance wasn't even as bad as Nate Herbig's on opening day and Herbig got better with reps and games. Peters was godawful at left tackle last time he was in there, maybe he's better at guard but honestly looking at this season and the contract thing, I'm not sure he has anything left in the tank, nor am I sure a man who's heart was in it would have pulled the contract move. 

I'd disagree there. Herbig seemed to be missing on stunts and assignments, if my memory serves me. Opeta was simply getting tossed around like a ragdoll on Thursday. Just completely overpowered. I can't imagine how Peters would be a downgrade. 

3 hours ago, greend said:

My guess is if they bench him he'll never play for us again. Not saying that isn't the right move, just that he has a very large ego.

Then screw that guy. If he can't get over that he's not the best option and that he played poorly to start out the year then this team doesn't need him. 

15 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Then screw that guy. If he can't get over that he's not the best option and that he played poorly to start out the year then this team doesn't need him. 

Wouldn't argue with that.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, greend said:

Then buh bye.  Honestly, I think they're only playing him out of respect/loyalty.  At this point I don't think he is going to provide better play at LT than what Mailata has been giving us - JP is a shell of his former dominating self.  At least Mailata (who is still only 23 years old) is still on an upward trend and can potentially get even better.  Not saying he is a really good LT now, but neither is JP.  And Mailata has the potential to get better ... JP doesn't.  

My doubts about Pedersen being able to integrate skill players into the offense is growing.   They have a bunch of guys like Reagor, Fulgham, Hurts, Scott, Watkins, Hightower, Huntley and Butler who have tons of speed and/or elusiveness.....all young and relatively inexperienced but we've seen flashes of what most of these kids can do.

Jason Peters should be put back at guard and leave him there.  Removing Malaita at this point is just stupid.  He's learning and getting better with each series.  

5 hours ago, time2rock said:

Then buh bye.  Honestly, I think they're only playing him out of respect/loyalty.  At this point I don't think he is going to provide better play at LT than what Mailata has been giving us - JP is a shell of his former dominating self.  At least Mailata (who is still only 23 years old) is still on an upward trend and can potentially get even better.  Not saying he is a really good LT now, but neither is JP.  And Mailata has the potential to get better ... JP doesn't.  

Who gave you permission to use logic and common sense on the EMB? Boy oh boy, the next thing you know, you'll be offering rational plans for improvement.;)

• Haha 1

I do believe JP can play better than he has (so far) this season. A lot of people were struggling earlier this year. Nobody, IMO, got enough work before the season to get fully prepared. Peters wasn't even with a team for OTAs and then came in preparing for RG. Obviously, he's past his prime and he gets dinged up a lot. But he's still physically capable of playing LT in this league. It's safe to say he's not currently in the list of top LTs in the NFL, but I do believe he can and will improve on his 2020 start. 

I'm not down on Mailata, who has also shown he can play in this league and figures to have tremendous upside. I do think that at this very moment, Peters is the better LT and Mailata should just stay ready. It would be nice if we could have a game or two go so smoothly we could just bring our young guys in for some 4th quarter reps. 

6 hours ago, brkmsn said:

I do believe JP can play better than he has (so far) this season. A lot of people were struggling earlier this year. Nobody, IMO, got enough work before the season to get fully prepared. Peters wasn't even with a team for OTAs and then came in preparing for RG. Obviously, he's past his prime and he gets dinged up a lot. But he's still physically capable of playing LT in this league. It's safe to say he's not currently in the list of top LTs in the NFL, but I do believe he can and will improve on his 2020 start. 

I'm not down on Mailata, who has also shown he can play in this league and figures to have tremendous upside. I do think that at this very moment, Peters is the better LT and Mailata should just stay ready. It would be nice if we could have a game or two go so smoothly we could just bring our young guys in for some 4th quarter reps. 

So he was rusty coming into the season but after being injured and hardly practicing he's going to be better. Ok.