Dallas Sucks

greend

43 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

This IS their year... TO SUCK!!!

At this point it’s an accomplishment for them to actually ever get to the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Nothing unites Eagles fans more than hating on cowboys 😂

I hate the Cowboys I really do. I want them to lose every week, I want them to suck forever. But... Why is it such a rivalry?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I hate the Cowboys I really do. I want them to lose every week, I want them to suck forever. But... Why is it such a rivalry?

You became a fan in 2011 if I remember correctly. Most of us either became fans before or right when their last dynasty happened in the early to mid 90’s. We’ve seen the front runners. The non stop media ass kissing, the references to America’s Team, the constant reminders they had 5 rings to our none. Of course, very little has changed, but many of us were around when all this was a lot worse than it is today. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I’m a younger fan, so I don’t know if the rivalry was as intense in the 70s/80s/90s as it has been since I’ve been a fan in last 20ish years. So I don’t know the root of the rivalry, you’d have to ask one of the older fans. But I know in last 20 years, Cowboys have been the main threat to the Eagles for division crown year in and year out. Washington & NYG have their very occasional year where they might do something, but for most part the division is almost always between Dallas & Philly. Add in how awful their fans can be even for not having any rings for like what nearly 30 years. Also like @EagleJoe8 said the nonstop media love they get is annoying. 

6 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

You became a fan in 2011 if I remember correctly. Most of us either became fans before or right when their last dynasty happened in the early to mid 90’s. We’ve seen the front runners. The non stop media ass kissing, the references to America’s Team, the constant reminders they had 5 rings to our none. Of course, very little has changed, but many of us were around when all this was a lot worse than it is today. 

I take it "ass" is allowed lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I take it "ass" is allowed lol

Yes, ass is allowed. We can say ass. I’m assuming we can say ass as long as we don’t abuse saying ass. So let’s not abuse saying ass. 

😂

• Haha 3

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

Yes, ass is allowed. We can say ass. I’m assuming we can say ass as long as we don’t abuse saying ass. So let’s not abuse saying ass. 

😂

Lol!! I saw it a few times and kept thinking I was seeing things plus it was always combined with something else so I thought that was why it didn't trigger the bad language assterisks😁

• Haha 1

Pre 2017, Dallas fans were the worst when it came to pointing out Eagles zero rings. A lot of em would just default to it, and it sucked cause you couldn’t really say anything back to that. You could bring up how long it’s been since last time they got a SB, but it was such a weak leg to stand on. Eagles winning the Super bowl ( 3 years later, still can’t get over typing that out) made me happy for many reasons. Killing that argument for Cowboys fans is a top 3 reason

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Yeah you're right I did so I perhaps missed some of that during the 90s. But I do really hate the Cowboys. I hate the media sucking up to them. I hate the praise they get and how they are apparently America's team. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

A long history going back decades.  More below.

5 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

5 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I’m a younger fan, so I don’t know if the rivalry was as intense in the 70s/80s/90s as it has been since I’ve been a fan in last 20ish years. So I don’t know the root of the rivalry, you’d have to ask one of the older fans. But I know in last 20 years, Cowboys have been the main threat to the Eagles for division crown year in and year out. Washington & NYG have their very occasional year where they might do something, but for most part the division is almost always between Dallas & Philly. Add in how awful their fans can be even for not having any rings for like what nearly 30 years. Also like @EagleJoe8 said the nonstop media love they get is annoying. 

I was born in '77, so was 3 years old when they went to the 1980 Super Bowl.  The history of the Philadelphia Eagles DVD (worth getting for the history of the team through the mid 2000s whatever year it was made) has an entire segment on the Dallas rivalry.  I found some portions of it and some other videos on YouTube I'll post below that explain it.

So the Eagles for a long time were a bad team with bad ownership.  They had won 3 championships before the leagues merged (the last one in 1960).  The Cowboys were winning and the Eagles had sort of an inferiority complex.  Blue collar, hard working lunch pail type town vs the flashy celebrity team.  One reporter called them "America's Team" and it stuck somehow.  The perception was that Dallas was smug, arrogant and snobs while Philly were the scrappy and tough players that were out to battle.  Philly had the toughness but didn't put together the talent to win.  

Until Dick Vermeil turned them into a playoff team.  They beat Dallas in an epic NFC Championship game at the Vet.  Now the Vet was an ish hole stadium.  A round slab of cement with hard turf that had holes in it, other teams didn't like playing there.  It was a kind of barbaric atmosphere.  The Vet was super loud and the energy was high and the Eagles finally beat Dallas, but went on to lose the Super Bowl.

Then came the 90s dynasty with Jimmy Johnson.  Cowboys fans were insufferable (not as bad as Pats fans with their dynasty but similar).  We hated Dallas and now they collected great talent.  Buddy Ryan and his tough defense embodied Philly's attitude.  People hated Jimmy Johnson and his "how 'bout dem Cowboys?!" southern accent and screaming.  Michael Irvin was loud and cocky and the type of player you wanted to see hit hard and shut up.  They signed Deion Sanders and had him and Irvin on the same team so you had 2 loud mouth cocky guys you just loved to hate. Aikman still recalls every time he announces an Eagles game what a beating he took from Buddy's defense.  Of course that Dallas team won Super Bowls and Buddy Ryan's team with the best defense in the NFL not only didn't win a Super Bowl...they never won a playoff game.  Cowboys fans and other teams would mock Eagles fans for not having any rings, and that their Super Bowl was winning a regular season game against Dallas.  

It wasn't too far from the truth, beating Dallas has always been a goal.  Former players would say fans would tell them you have to beat Dallas.  Even if they go 2-14 as long as those 2 wins are against Dallas!  There is deep seated HATRED for them, not just a rivalry.  Their annoying fans make it worse. 

Lurie bought the team and finally they had a good owner.  I don't care what anyone says, Lurie is a great owner.  They had horrible owners for decades.  Lurie brought winning, great facilities, a new stadium and a willingness to invest in the team.  Once the Reid and McNabb era started, we finally were the popular team that beat down Dallas. Their fans had experienced the 90s dynasty so that's when they started to overhype every team as "this is our year" which we've heard for the last 25 years.  It was a lot of fun seeing the Eagles have a lot of big wins and big moments against the Cowboys.

I think the actual teams vs each other rivalry has died down a lot.  Like Tony Romo in his early years was fumbling and making bad gaffes, we'd laugh at him. Romo is a good guy, we didn't "hate" him like players in the past.  Dak is a good guy, Witten was the type of TE the Eagles wanted (and took LJ Smith instead ugh) and we respected him.  The extreme hate for the team died down somewhat and it became more about making fun of the Cowboys fans because they were cockroaches.  They would hype up the team and then disappear when they were losing.  There were a lot of bandwagon fans that started liking the Cowboys because of the 90s championships.  Philly fans and other cities with loyal fan bases have no respect for the bandwagon fans.  

Here's a story.  I was living in Southern California and at a sports bar watching the Eagles Dallas game where TO had signed with the Cowboys and was returning to play against Philly.  My friend and I saw another Eagles fan with his girlfriend so we sat with them.  He told a story how he was once dating a girl and got invited to her house for dinner.  He found out her family (not her, she wasn't a sports fan) were Cowboys fans.  He literally stood up and said "I can't do this" and walked out.  He broke up with her over it.  He was the very definition of "fanatic."  During that game, there were some Cowboys fans in the bar and one in particular was drunk and kept running up and taunting us.  This guy kept going "whoo hoo! how bout dem Cowboys!"  The guy said I'll bet you're not even from Dallas are you?  Where are you from?  The fan said "San Francisco!  Whoo hoo!  Go Cowboys!"  The 49ers have several championships and legendary teams and players, why would you choose to be a Cowboys fan.  Just kind of summed up the type of Cowboys fan we hate.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Here are some pretty good videos.  I don't recall if this first one is the complete segment from the Philly history DVD or not but it's got a lot of it.  There are more if you search youtube as well.  

• Like 1

Take a look at the head-to-head history.  Dallas owns the series 66-52 which sounds closer to even but look at the long periods of Dallas dominance, a couple stretches where Philly finally dominated later.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/game_query.cgi?tm1=phi&tm2=dal&yr=all

60s.PNG

70s.PNG

80s.PNG

The rivalry started because we've been in the same division since the beginning. There can be only 1 and they are in the way.

Even when the Cowboys are crap, and the Eagles are winning the Super Bowl, the media is still talking and rooting for the Cowboys.

Did someone mention they are loud mouth buttholes and it is satisfying to see them lose?

Dallas fans are the most delusional fans I have ever met. Before Dalton got manhandled by the Cardinals, they were saying he was going to lead them to a Super Bowl.

Dallas fans are the worst wieners. Since the 90's, all they say is how many rings you got to every valid argument ever presented. "The world is round!", "Yeah, well, How many rings you got?".

A lot of Dallas fans only root for Dallas because they are popular and it's cool to do so. The Cowboys organization is the most successful NFL franchise in terms of sales and yet when were they last relevant?

I must admit it's been fun to watch Dallas spiral the last few weeks and watching the fan base implode and turn on each other has been quite satisfying. I would prefer us to be on the plus side of .500 but them having a worst season than our abysmal season is quite satisfying. I don't have to listen to their fan base, who will seek me out, tell me how great they are and how much the Eagles suck. Nothing would please me more to put 50 points on them and to shut them out entirely. It wouldn't make up for past years but it I would take great pleasure in it. 

• Like 1

Glad to see the players are feeling the rivalry, was not the case when Chip was here. Slay’s quotes made me laugh.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2020 at 4:48 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

What a waste. Good looking woman wearing something you'd use to clean your backside. 

Yea she should have took it off right then!!!!

• Like 1

On 10/29/2020 at 5:29 AM, EagleJoe8 said:

😂

Lol you're such a dick

• Haha 1

On 10/29/2020 at 5:54 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah you're right I did so I perhaps missed some of that during the 90s. But I do really hate the Cowboys. I hate the media sucking up to them. I hate the praise they get and how they are apparently America's team. 

That's the spirit. You're making up for lost time like a pro!!!

• Like 1