Week 10 Injury Tracker

time2rock

Please use this thread to post any updates on our injured players leading up to our week 10 matchup with the NY Giants following the upcoming bye week.  

Doug mentioned in his presser yesterday that no significant injuries were incurred during Sunday night's game, that the injuries to Darius Slay and Malik Jackson that forced them out of that game aren't that serious.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

, that the injuries to Darius Slay and Malik Jackson that forced them out of that game aren't that serious.  

I was hoping they were out not to further injure them. This bye week came at the perfect time.

52 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

I was hoping they were out not to further injure them. This bye week came at the perfect time.

Our players seem to have the ability to get injured even during the bye week 😁

1 hour ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

How long is Sanders out?

Well they didn't put him on IR (which would have required to miss 3 games minimum).  So based on that, I'd say there stands a decent chance he is back after the bye.  Any longer and they would have IR'ed him.  

Just now, time2rock said:

Well they didn't put him on IR (which would have required to miss 3 games minimum).  So based on that, I'd say there stands a decent chance he is back after the bye.  Any longer and they would have IR'ed him.  

Are you sure? You never can tell with this team....lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

You sure about that?

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, time2rock said:

With this team’s injury management, I wouldn’t be so sure. Why the hell has Alshon not been on IR?

1 hour ago, nipples said:

With this team’s injury management, I wouldn’t be so sure. Why the hell has Alshon not been on IR?

I stand by my pre season prediction that they would keep him on the roster long enough to show he is healthy and then try to trade him.  Unfortunately he didn’t get there before the trade deadline.

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

I stand by my pre season prediction that they would keep him on the roster long enough to show he is healthy and then try to trade him.  Unfortunately he didn’t get there before the trade deadline.

Yup, unfortunately he wasn't out there to show he can stay on the field. With that said, they could use him. Might as well since we're paying so much. If he's not in the lineup after the bye. He's toast. 

• Like 1

Any news on Seumalo?. Have not heard a peep. Im glad the team is getting healthy together to make a run :)

21 minutes ago, manz2821 said:

Any news on Seumalo?. Have not heard a peep. Im glad the team is getting healthy together to make a run 🙂

"Official report"... ir with a knee injury 

Real life... left for dead by medical staff 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

On 11/3/2020 at 10:51 PM, time2rock said:

On 11/4/2020 at 1:45 AM, Portyansky said:

Yup, unfortunately he wasn't out there to show he can stay on the field. With that said, they could use him. Might as well since we're paying so much. If he's not in the lineup after the bye. He's toast. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

SoSounds like Alshon will be back. They should have just put him on IR. 

I think they got unlucky with Alshon. Calf injury set him back. 

I agree - play him now, although he shouldn’t take snaps away from Fulgham.

1 hour ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I think they got unlucky with Alshon. Calf injury set him back. 

I agree - play him now, although he shouldn’t take snaps away from Fulgham.

If they insert him right into the starting lineup at the expense of Fulgham, I’ll be on board the "Fire Doug” train. I don’t even want Reagor taken off the field for Alshon. 

It will be very interesting to see what the team does with Jeffery. I would imagine he'll be on a snap count for the remainder of the season to lower the risk of injury to make it easier to release him (likely) or potentially trade him (unlikely) after the season. Fans have been hating on Jeffery because of his contract (and the report accusation), but are actually downplaying what he brings to the team. He was a favorite target of Wentz and pretty reliable for Wentz. Fulgham has taken over that spot (X) and has become the new favorite target. I'm totally with the crowd backing Fulgham over Jeffery at this point. However Jeffery is probably the 2nd best WR on the team behind Fulgham. I'm not sure Jeffery is a fit at Z or if he'll get some work from the slot. JJAW was Fulgham's backup to this point and Fulgham's been averaging 95% of the snaps. On a related note, IDK why people are still obsessing over JJAW's lack of production (in other threads) at this point. Are they really wanting him to take more snaps away from Fulgham? I don't want to see that. One is clearly better than the other. One is clearly the better fit. 

Anyway, I'm not sure how versatile Jeffery is or even Fulgham for that matter. It would just be nice to find a way that works to get our 2 best WRs on the field and also keep Reagor involved. Reagor can line up anywhere and the experience will be good for him. So I'm not concerned he won't see the field. 

• Like 1

The week is early, Alshon is "tweek" something in one of these practices and get put on IR

15 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

The week is early, Alshon is "tweek" something in one of these practices and get put on IR

I don’t know, they probably realize they stand a pretty good chance at winning the division and once in, you know what they say, anything can happen.  They may want to keep their options open thinking he could potentially help them in the postseason.  And no sense rushing him back too early risking re-injury.  

1 hour ago, nipples said:

If they insert him right into the starting lineup at the expense of Fulgham, I’ll be on board the "Fire Doug” train. I don’t even want Reagor taken off the field for Alshon. 

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

It will be very interesting to see what the team does with Jeffery. I would imagine he'll be on a snap count for the remainder of the season to lower the risk of injury to make it easier to release him (likely) or potentially trade him (unlikely) after the season. Fans have been hating on Jeffery because of his contract (and the report accusation), but are actually downplaying what he brings to the team. He was a favorite target of Wentz and pretty reliable for Wentz. Fulgham has taken over that spot (X) and has become the new favorite target. I'm totally with the crowd backing Fulgham over Jeffery at this point. However Jeffery is probably the 2nd best WR on the team behind Fulgham. I'm not sure Jeffery is a fit at Z or if he'll get some work from the slot. JJAW was Fulgham's backup to this point and Fulgham's been averaging 95% of the snaps. On a related note, IDK why people are still obsessing over JJAW's lack of production (in other threads) at this point. Are they really wanting him to take more snaps away from Fulgham? I don't want to see that. One is clearly better than the other. One is clearly the better fit. 

Anyway, I'm not sure how versatile Jeffery is or even Fulgham for that matter. It would just be nice to find a way that works to get our 2 best WRs on the field and also keep Reagor involved. Reagor can line up anywhere and the experience will be good for him. So I'm not concerned he won't see the field. 

I expect Fulgham to stay on the field except when he needs a breather. 

Jeffery isn’t a Z received but still think they will try and get him snaps either there or in the slot. Get some read options going to try and get Wentz into a rhythm.

Reagor will still play a lot and Ward will get his share of snaps. Sanders, Fulgham, Goedert, Jeffery and Reagor is a pretty good skill group.