Derion Kendrick (Clemson CB) -- 2021 Draft / Arrested

Ray75

3 hours ago, Ray75 said:

I like Surtain but I just don’t view him as an elite prospect. He’s Marlon Humphrey 2.0 IMO. Very good, very solid corner but not in the same class as the Jalen Ramsey’s and Denzel Ward’s off this World. Nothing wrong with that because we could definitely use a solid albeit unspectacular outside corner.

And for that reason I don't think I'd go corner in the first round... Not unless we trade back and acquire a pretty good haul.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, time2rock said:

Kendrick announced he is returning to Clemson for his senior season.

https://www.si.com/college/clemson/football/derion-kendrick-announces-he-is-returning-for-senior-season

Makes sense to me.  If he was as new position as I read, he might of been more of a 3rd rounder than 1st rounder.

45 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Makes sense to me.  If he was as new position as I read, he might of been more of a 3rd rounder than 1st rounder.

Better for us in the long run.  Even if we address CB with a day 1 or day 2 pick CB is likely still a big need in 2022.  Have to believe Slay won’t be around after that due to the cap (even if he is 2022 is his last year we’ll need to start grooming someone to replace him with).  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

Better for us in the long run.  Even if we address CB with a day 1 or day 2 pick CB is likely still a big need in 2022.  Have to believe Slay won’t be around after that due to the cap (even if he is 2022 is his last year we’ll need to start grooming someone to replace him with).  

Unfortunately so yes. They've created such a mess at CB that even if they hit this year they very likely need to hit again next year or at best the year after. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Unfortunately so yes. They've created such a mess at CB that even if they hit this year they very likely need to hit again next year or at best the year after. 

How huge would that be for our secondary if we hit on a Samuel Jr or Campbell this year and Cisco in round 3 to pair with Wallace and then hit on another CB next year?  I just may get excited about watching something other than our DL on defense again.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

How huge would that be for our secondary if we hit on a Samuel Jr or Campbell this year and Cisco in round 3 to pair with Wallace and then hit on another CB next year?  I just may get excited about watching something other than our DL on defense again.  

I mean yeah it would be huge and it would be incredible. I'm a big fan of Cisco and I think if Wallace is played as the SS then he can be a pretty good player in the NFL. But for this FO to hit on 3 picks in the next 2 years? I mean to add 4 long term pieces to this secondary in 3 years? It feels a long shot doesn't it.

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean yeah it would be huge and it would be incredible. I'm a big fan of Cisco and I think if Wallace is played as the SS then he can be a pretty good player in the NFL. But for this FO to hit on 3 picks in the next 2 years? I mean to add 4 long term pieces to this secondary in 3 years? It feels a long shot doesn't it.

The one thing that gives me some hope is that we’ll be implementing a brand new defensive scheme.  Hopefully one that is more DB friendly!  

2 minutes ago, time2rock said:

The one thing that gives me some hope is that we’ll be implementing a brand new defensive scheme.  Hopefully one that is more DB friendly!  

I mean yeah the Schwartz scheme was a corner killer I think we all saw that? He left guys on islands which I never really understood? Because the key to his scheme was getting home with the front 4 so where were the extra guys in coverage?

On 1/17/2021 at 4:37 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean yeah the Schwartz scheme was a corner killer I think we all saw that? He left guys on islands which I never really understood? Because the key to his scheme was getting home with the front 4 so where were the extra guys in coverage?

I never understood that either.  We rush 4 but still don’t have safety help over the top ever. 

take Samuel or stokes this year unless we trade back and pick up Farley later on in first then next year take stingley jr and Kendrick  secondary complete

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Milkman420 said:

I never understood that either.  We rush 4 but still don’t have safety help over the top ever. 

take Samuel or stokes this year unless we trade back and pick up Farley later on in first then next year take stingley jr and Kendrick  secondary complete

Yeah I didn't get it I really didn't. Surely dropping more players in to coverage allows you to provide players with more help? To shade safeties to one side whilst not giving up the middle of the field?

On 1/19/2021 at 2:30 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah I didn't get it I really didn't. Surely dropping more players in to coverage allows you to provide players with more help? To shade safeties to one side whilst not giving up the middle of the field?

Sadly are guys got beat on the outsides and the middle