Weekly line thread: Eagles -3 at Giants

Hawkeye

From Covers.com:

Despite the 2-7 record, the New York Giants are an impressive 6-3 ATS this season—and 5-1 ATS in their last six games. They covered as five-point road dogs against Philadelphia back on October 22 and have been involved in five straight three-point or fewer games. If it weren’t for Jones’ turnovers, this is a Giants team that could be on top of the NFC East, even without Saquon Barkley.

3 hours ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Giants only win against football team. Questionable if the eagles meet that criteria

That same football team who beat us... and handled the Cowboys easier than we did. 

2 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

From Covers.com:

Despite the 2-7 record, the New York Giants are an impressive 6-3 ATS this season—and 5-1 ATS in their last six games. They covered as five-point road dogs against Philadelphia back on October 22 and have been involved in five straight three-point or fewer games. If it weren’t for Jones’ turnovers, this is a Giants team that could be on top of the NFC East, even without Saquon Barkley.

Yeah kinda scary to think what they would be like with Saquon. 

I think this game rests on the defense. We didn't get nearly enough pressure on Jones last time. This dude is looking like what Manning used to look like carving us up. I'm tired of needing miracles to beat these guys. Let's just beat them straight up.

22 hours ago, Madriver said:

Yeah kinda scary to think what they would be like with Saquon. 

I think this game rests on the defense. We didn't get nearly enough pressure on Jones last time. This dude is looking like what Manning used to look like carving us up. I'm tired of needing miracles to beat these guys. Let's just beat them straight up.

Dude, F you! You think you're tired of needing miracles to BEAT us, how do you think it feels LOSING to the Eagles in dramatic fashion every. damn. time. 🤬

I think the game this weekend will be more decisive. Eagles are getting healthy and they Giants are missing some key players on defense. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I am past caring about how we win. We are probably an average team at full strength, and as beat up as we have been I am just happy to have a few wins and be in first. I will always take a playoff game vs no playoff game, even if its a sure 1 and done.

• Like 2

Even if i was a smart, educated, high football IQ betting man, I would still not trust the Iggles to win this game.

Some team wins 22-21.

Eagles -3 means that if the Eagles aren't up by 10 at the end of the first quarter, and if the Giants ever pull within 7 at any later point in the game, the real men around here will be sharpening their knives to attack various members of the team. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, wyote said:

Eagles -3 means that if the Eagles aren't up by 10 at the end of the first quarter, and if the Giants ever pull within 7 at any later point in the game, the real men around here will be sharpening their knives to attack various members of the team. 

Eagles being -3 means even if we get hammered 35-0 with Wentz throwing 5 picks Wyote will still be going round the board chastising fans who say we're a bad team with an overpaid QB for being negative Nancy's.

• Like 1

Could go either way.  Giants are playing hard for their coach and are improving. It's about time they beat us.  If I had to pick I'd take Giants + 3 but wouldn't choose this game to bet

2 hours ago, weko said:

Could go either way.  Giants are playing hard for their coach and are improving. It's about time they beat us.  If I had to pick I'd take Giants + 3 but wouldn't choose this game to bet

I don't like it either. The trends are all wrong for the Eagles but the Giants head into their bye week after this and might be phoning it in.  Pass.

12 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Eagles being -3 means even if we get hammered 35-0 with Wentz throwing 5 picks Wyote will still be going round the board chastising fans who say we're a bad team with an overpaid QB for being negative Nancy's.

Exactly, dude. There's no difference between that and what has gone down in TATE every day of every year since at least 2002. 

Just about every game vs a div team is tight. Im not expecting any different from this week. Im not very confident in a win. Could swing either way, but I see it as a one score game. 

I have picked against the eagles every week. But..... with the drastic change in health,  the bye week, and.. well that's the only 2 reasons.  

Eagles 34

Giants 17

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I had a dream about this game last night. NY won by 6. 

Very realistic to be honest. I can see that happening for sure. At that point if that happens this board will be going crazy. 

15 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I had a dream about this game last night. NY won by 6. 

If that happens stick a fork in us. Rest of the schedule is ridiculous.

8 hours ago, Madriver said:

If that happens stick a fork in us. Rest of the schedule is ridiculous.

Yep! I mean the sad thing is we could still win the division even if we only pick up another couple of wins (though that is admittedly unlikely).

On 11/12/2020 at 6:51 PM, LacesOut said:

Even if i was a smart, educated, high football IQ betting man, I would still not trust the Iggles to win this game.

Some team wins 22-21.

That's probably about the best assessment I've seen.😀 Two mediocre teams, flip a coin.

• Thanks 1