Eagles playoff simulator tool

Hawkeye

Who cares! We are cursed to win this division and loose in the playoffs. While Wentz, Doug, and Howie are doing everything to improve our draft selections next year...This whole Year is F...UP.

My perfect outcome:

We face Seattle in the first round and FINALLY find a way to beat them.

We face the Nick Foles led Bears in round 2 ... Wentz plays terrific while Foles plays like crap, we defeat the Bears and the Wentz vs Foles debate finally gets put to bed.

We face TB in the NFCCG and it is Wentz's turn to outduel the GOAT to lead us to victory.

We face Reid and the Chiefs in the Super Bowl - Pederson outcoaches his mentor leading us to championship #2.

• Like 3

Now that they're getting healthy, and IF they stay relatively healthy, we get to see what this team is capable of......and considering all the injuries this year, nobody really knows what that is.

Obviously, the biggest factor is Wentz.  If he can get his head on straight, the offense should start to produce more.  

After the giants and the browns, they have seattle, GB, Saints and Cards........pretty tough stretch.......

1 hour ago, birdman#12 said:

Now that they're getting healthy, and IF they stay relatively healthy, we get to see what this team is capable of......and considering all the injuries this year, nobody really knows what that is.

Obviously, the biggest factor is Wentz.  If he can get his head on straight, the offense should start to produce more.  

After the giants and the browns, they have seattle, GB, Saints and Cards........pretty tough stretch.......

Watch, we'll lose to NY and Cleveland then rattle off 4 straight wins against Seattle, GB, NO, and AZ.  :lol:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, time2rock said:

My perfect outcome:

We face the Nick Foles led Bears in round 2 ... Wentz plays terrific while Foles plays like crap, we defeat the Bears and the Wentz vs Foles debate finally gets put to bed.

We face TB in the NFCCG and it is Wentz's turn to outduel the GOAT to lead us to victory.

We face Reid and the Chiefs in the Super Bowl - Pederson outcoaches his mentor leading us to championship #2.

Could not script it any better. Although I would like to incorporate beating the saints just to make their fans cry all off season and try to get a rule changed

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, time2rock said:

My perfect outcome:

A guy can dream right? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Br3 said:

Could not script it any better. Although I would like to incorporate beating the saints just to make their fans cry all off season 

I was torn between Seattle and NO ... so tired of losing to both of them.  

• Like 3

On 11/13/2020 at 11:11 AM, Hawkeye said:

Guys I wanted to share this fun playoff tool courtesy of the New York Times.  You can use any team but of course I went with the Eagles.  

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/upshot/philadelphia-eagles-nfl-playoff-picture.html#event=champion

You can model any number of outcomes and scenarios.  It's a lot of fun.

Is there one that doesn't require you to sign up to the site?

On 11/13/2020 at 2:23 PM, Br3 said:

So basically if we beat the giants, we can then lose the next 5 straight, and then beat WAS and DAL again and that gives us 84% chance to go to the playoffs

lol

sign me up

D19BAAC5-D519-466C-A269-D1CDF0052A89.jpeg

You need to go down the page and select the winners of the other Dallas, WFT, and NYG games.  If you make reasonable selections (e.g. they lose to better teams), our likelihood goes to 100%.

22 hours ago, eagle45 said:

100 ways to win the division, very few to not win it.  Several possibilities of playoff opponents.  And no possibilities of a playoff win.

I hope you fully appreciate the benefits of this amazing insight. With the advance knowledge that the Eagles are 100% guaranteed to lose in the opening round of the playoffs, you can parlay this into untold millions (presumably...not sure of your financial status at the moment) of dollars. 

All you have to do is bet against the Eagles from here on out in the regular season. If they do poorly, you'll win money. But if they end up making the playoffs and you wind up in the minus in the process, you can then bet everything you own against the Eagles in the playoffs. Instant HUGE profit. 

I actually envy you...knowing something in advance with 100% certainty is such an opportunity. 

38 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I hope you fully appreciate the benefits of this amazing insight. With the advance knowledge that the Eagles are 100% guaranteed to lose in the opening round of the playoffs, you can parlay this into untold millions (presumably...not sure of your financial status at the moment) of dollars. 

All you have to do is bet against the Eagles from here on out in the regular season. If they do poorly, you'll win money. But if they end up making the playoffs and you wind up in the minus in the process, you can then bet everything you own against the Eagles in the playoffs. Instant HUGE profit. 

I actually envy you...knowing something in advance with 100% certainty is such an opportunity. 

I already have a decent chunk on them winning the division at pre-Dak injury odds, actually.  

6 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Is there one that doesn't require you to sign up to the site?

Do you need a login for this?  I just saw a link and it worked.

I’ve been saying since the Eagles were 1-4-1 that they would likely finish the season at 7-8-1.  This is the portion of the schedule where the team is going up against weak or middling teams.  The upcoming set of 4 games against SEA, GB, NO, and ARI will tell a lot about whether the Eagles can do anything in the playoffs or not.

There is something that very well might happen that will really get under the skin of the national media.  It’s entirely possible the Eagles will be playing WAS in Week 17 with a 6-8-1 record, and resting their starters because they’ll have already clinched the division and be locked into the #4 seed.  

As far as any Super Bowl aspirations, so far in the year of COVID all of the championships in professional sports have been won by teams either best or second-best in regular season performance.  The playoff structure without fans, or minimal fan attendance, certainly has favored the higher-seeded teams to this point.

22 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

Do you need a login for this?  I just saw a link and it worked.

It's asking for me to sign in to view it

22 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

It’s entirely possible the Eagles will be playing WAS in Week 17 with a 6-8-1 record, and resting their starters because they’ll have already clinched the division and be locked into the #4 seed. 

Only in a year like 2020 has been could it possibly be mentioned that a team with only 6 wins entering the regular season’s final weekend would be resting its starters.  

On 11/14/2020 at 3:07 PM, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Your smugness has aged poorly.

2 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

I think the Eagles will miss the playoffs...and they should at this point.

yep, gonna lose the next five games for damn sure

The playoff simulator can't take into account Doug's coaching decisions.  It's getting to the point that I think Doug would go for two if the Eagles tied the score with a TD and only needed an extra point to win the game.

• Like 1

Lol playoffs we beat McMullen, Dnucci the worst QB has ever seen, and Danny Dimes when he was turning the ball over.  We fing suck

Yeah, I would say put in Hurts and let's roll the rest of the season at this point. Carson can start training camp healthy as the #1 and hopefully we got some good draft picks.

On 11/14/2020 at 7:05 AM, birdman#12 said:

They were healthy today.

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

They were healthy today.

This is why this healthy excuse is laughable and I've said this a few times. The players they are due to get back aren't going to swing the balance back to this being a good team. They won't because this is a bad team even when healthy. It's been regressing since 2017 and that's due to many reasons from the GM to the coaching and the QB.