What if I told you before the season...

Hawkeye

17 minutes ago, Eldereagle1 said:

This team is so bad they have a better chance of winning if they work from home. 

Hell, they’re not allowing fans at the Linc anymore. Maybe they shouldn’t allow the players and coaches either. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Eldereagle1 said:

This team is so bad they have a better chance of winning if they work from home. 

Good one. 

20 hours ago, nipples said:

I don’t think this team wins more than 1 more game this season. They’ll either beat the Browns or the Football Team. I don’t see them sweeping Dallas, and sure as hell don’t see them winning any of the next five other than possibly Cleveland. 

If they lose this week and Wentz still looks bad yet again, they need to just hand the reins to Hurts for the rest of the season. 

I cant see the hundred million dollar man riding the bench but he needs to

On 11/18/2020 at 1:04 AM, EricAllenPick6 said:

On one hand, winning the division and making the playoffs should be the goal every season.

On the other, do you want to be embarrassed with a big home playoff loss?   If the playoffs started today, we'd host Tom Brady and the Bucs.  They'd hang 45 on our terrible defense and we'd end up losing by 35+.  That's an embarrassment.  

Not more embarrassing than failing to win this division. 

And a hell of a lot less embarrassing than quitting when we're literally in first place. 

16 hours ago, nipples said:

All the more reason to keep losing. It’s much harder to screw up the 5th pick than it is the 20th pick. 

From how it looks right now he kind of screwed up the 2nd pick in the draft and all the other assets he put in for Wentz.

On 11/17/2020 at 8:41 AM, Cochis_Calhoun said:

If I told you at the start of 2017 that by the end of our season our QB would have put a Lombardi in the cabinet and be Superbowl MVP but we'd have released him the year after for a guy who's regular season record since stands at 18 -19 - 1 without any other information you'd be pissed right?

Context matters.

Life is full of unexpected surprises. This is why After 2017 season I kept diluting myself that we are Super Bowl champions. Now I know that 2017 was just a nice dream.

18 hours ago, wyote said:

Not more embarrassing than failing to win this division. 

And a hell of a lot less embarrassing than quitting when we're literally in first place. 

So they win the division with 5 wins (don’t even see them getting 5 personally but say they do). They then get smoked in the first playoff game, and get the 18th pick in the draft.

If they DON’T win the division they’ll end up picking somewhere around 5th in the draft most likely. 

it’s very clear what the best situation is. 

1 minute ago, nipples said:

So they win the division with 5 wins (don’t even see them getting 5 personally but say they do). They then get smoked in the first playoff game, and get the 18th pick in the draft.

If they DON’T win the division they’ll end up picking somewhere around 5th in the draft most likely. 

The only argument is that if we make the play offs then we start with a clean slate. I for one don't quite buy that. A bad team is a bad team end of.

31 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The only argument is that if we make the play offs then we start with a clean slate. I for one don't quite buy that. A bad team is a bad team end of.

I can’t see them even being competitive against a playoff team. I don’t buy the "clean slate” argument. 

59 minutes ago, nipples said:

I can’t see them even being competitive against a playoff team. I don’t buy the "clean slate” argument. 

No I don't either to be honest. I mean we've seen this team struggle for 9 games now. That is enough of a sample size to say this isn't a good team this year. 

2 hours ago, nipples said:

The best situation is to win the game in front of us. 

The future has too many surprises to play some kind of clever "lose now to win later" nonsense. And anyone who would advocate anything like that has no business anywhere near competitive sports. 

On 11/17/2020 at 11:04 AM, EricAllenPick6 said:

On one hand, winning the division and making the playoffs should be the goal every season.

On the other, do you want to be embarrassed with a big home playoff loss?   If the playoffs started today, we'd host Tom Brady and the Bucs.  They'd hang 45 on our terrible defense and we'd end up losing by 35+.  That's an embarrassment.  

This would be the poster boy for an immediate change to the playoff structure where the Eagles would drop from fourth to seventh and ALL playoff seeding is solely by record (other than winning your division only guaranteeing you a playoff berth) as is done in the NBA. 

On 11/17/2020 at 10:56 PM, EazyEaglez said:

Can’t wait to see how we all feel in five weeks. 

Yay Lurie fired Howie?

On 11/17/2020 at 9:36 AM, Hawkeye said:

That despite the injuries, idiocy, poor drafting, poor coaching, crappy free agent classes, penalties, injuries, turnovers...

...despite all that...

The Eagles would be alone in first place in the NFC East with the 4th seed and a home playoff game on the horizon heading into Week 11.  You'd take that every time, right? Well...

I would've totally believed it because that's the same garbage we've had for the past two years.

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

Yay Lurie fired Howie?

Many of us want to see Howie gone altogether.  I don't see that happening.  The best I think we can hope for with Howie is that they will once again try to bring in someone to run personnel and draft and have Howie handle the financial side.  Basically the same setup with Joe Douglas.

But in reality they probably won't make a change there.  Too many scapegoats and excuses with injuries, COVID, and firing some coaches.

4 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Yay Lurie fired Howie?

That dude is like no stick Teflon. He always slips away even when he’s fired.