Westworld on HBO

opengeo

Also reports that they plan to go for 6 seasons. 

Glad to hear it. Season 3 is good, I'd say they are back on track. 

• Like 2

This show is just wild this season. Total departure from the previous seasons. Much better production quality. Still lost in the story, but it’s definitely entertaining. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, opengeo said:

This show is just wild this season. Total departure from the previous seasons. Much better production quality. Still lost in the story, but it’s definitely entertaining. 

I love it but I'm confused.  Needs more nudity.

• Like 2

Just now, TomatoPie said:

I love it but I'm confused.  Needs more nudity.

great point.

maybe we need a separate thread about shows that suck you in with lots on nudity in season 1 but dial it back in future seasons.  those bait & switch mf'ers! :nonono:   

• Like 1

Wild ending.  Make sure stick around for post credits. 

How long do we think Bernard was sitting there?  I’d say minimum 5 years. 

• Like 1

The story has turned into a complete mess; it tries to be a smart, but paying a lot for a good cast can't polish a turd.  Nolan is just rehashing a less interesting version of Person of Interest.  It could be so much better.

18 hours ago, Smokesdawg said:

Hard to tell. Seems like dust? But no way a motel room (isn’t that where they were?) stays vacant that long? Maybe a blast went off nearby and that’s just dust/debris that’s collected as alit settles from the sky 

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

Hard to tell. Seems like dust? But no way a motel room (isn’t that where they were?) stays vacant that long? Maybe a blast went off nearby and that’s just dust/debris that’s collected as alit settles from the sky 

I assumed world went to hell and motel was abandoned.  

Well they definitely rebounded from season 2. I found this season enjoyable and much easier to follow. 

Spoiler

I guess Bernard brings back Delores to try to stop Hale from taking over the world?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Smokesdawg said:

That was my interpretation. With the way the whole world was rioting and on fire and how dependent the governments were on insite, I’m sure it took a long time to restore order.  My guess is there wasn’t a lot of people in need of an off the beaten path motel.

On 5/4/2020 at 7:36 PM, Smokesdawg said:

Sure, but no way someone wouldn't have broken in to loot or destroy things.  

On 5/3/2020 at 11:34 PM, Smokesdawg said:

On 5/4/2020 at 6:27 PM, Agent23 said:

On 5/4/2020 at 7:36 PM, Smokesdawg said:

Have to assume that scene sets up a new and completely different timeline for next season from anything else shown correct?  No way that was taking place at the same time Hale and William/Man in Black were over in Dubai (or whatever country/location that was supposed to be), let alone the Maeve/Delores/Jesse Pinkman story.

season 3 was boring af. i didn't give any sheets about the real world drama crap.  last ep was a little better but most of this season was a snoozefest. 

On 5/11/2020 at 11:52 AM, mr_hunt said:

season 3 was boring af. i didn't give any sheets about the real world drama crap.  last ep was a little better but most of this season was a snoozefest. 

id echo this

Started the last season because I usually liked to just binge shows now. I was falling asleep through the first episode. Didn't read thread in case of spoilers but damn that episode was boring

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Started the last season because I usually liked to just binge shows now. I was falling asleep through the first episode. Didn't read thread in case of spoilers but damn that episode was boring

watch it during daylight in a brightly lit room....season 3 was a snoozer. :sleep:

I tried very , very hard to make it through season 2.  Can't do it.  It's like Lost on sleeping pills.  A shame really, I like the characters, love the setting and gist of the plot.  Great acting.  But it just asks too much of you and rewards you with nothing.

Good thing this latest season was only 8 episodes

Very boring. I had it on in the background while doing things

• 1 month later...

Just finished season 3.  I thought it was better than season 2, better/easier to follow story anyway. The budget was obviously much bigger.  It reminded me a bit of the original Terminator at times.  The only thing that really threw me Off was what Bernard and Stubbs were doing the whole time.  

delores is smoking hot this season too!  As was Maive.  Worth watching just for them.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

i watched season one when it aired, but then dropped hbo until recently, so im late to the game on this one. on  the season 2 finale. this season has def been a weird one to follow at times. 

Season 1 was one of my favorite seasons in television history. Right up there with Season 1 of True Detective and several seasons of GoT. But I tapped out halfway through Season 2. I just couldn't get into the storyline. 

No idea if this is what happened, but it seemed like something that was made to be a 1 season miniseries that got so popular they decided to continue it. I may try to binge my way through the latter seasons at some point if I run out of stuff.

• Like 2

On 2/16/2021 at 2:45 PM, mikemack8 said:

I watched all of season 2 - but I couldn't get through season 3.

Same

Should I go back and watch it or a waste of time?