Henry Ruggs III -- DRAFTED BY LAS VEGAS #12

jsdarkstar

31 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Ruggs production against good team was not great. He was getting better/easier match-ups than Smith and Jeudy

See my main hesitation with Ruggs is that he wasn't THE GUY at Bama because they had so much talent at WR. I mean arguably their best 2 WRs are actually still at Bama.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nipples said:

I’d go up a few spots to maybe 18 for him because it wouldn’t cost much. But I wouldn’t go higher than that. 

I wouldnt even do that. If he's there at 21 fine but I wouldnt move up for him. I dont see what everyone else sees in him. I see the blazing speed but i dont see the dynamic playmaker/deep threat he's been touted as. Rather keep all our picks and take reagor. 

1 hour ago, DeathByEagle said:

1- Tua was hurt so he was playing with a backup QB throwing him the ball.

Juedy, waddle & smith had to deal with the same circumstances. We could assume ruggs 2019 deep catches would've been higher if tua had stayed healthy but you'd have to do the same for his teammates.

2- He had Jeudy and other very good WRs on that team spreading the ball around.

This arguement goes both ways. I could easily say that teams geared up to stop juedy/smith which gave ruggs plenty of space to unleash his speed. 

3- Alabama is a run committed team with just 50.6/49.4 pass/run ratio.

Teammates had to deal with the same circumstances. Im not saying ruggs will be a bust but i dont see the vision, elusiveness & lateral agility in his game to be the next tyreek hill or djack. At that size, you have to possess those traits to be a special playmaker in the NFL and i just dont see that from him. He's as fast as those guys in a straight line but i dont see the same natural playmaking ability. He was clearly the WR3 in bama's offense. They had waddle back there returning kicks/punts despite ruggs being "the next tyreek hill" & the fastest man in college football... You have to ask yourself why they didnt do everything in their power to get the football in ruggs hands....