End zone safety in Pictures

Traveler Vic

Double Teaming Vernon fails miserably. Note: No other player is in the vicinity, just 2 on 1. Wentz's and DP's  faces immediately after the safety.

1113607173_IMG_0218copy.thumb.jpg.7095b096e632c14fa74be0d9843d73c2.jpgIMG_0216.thumb.jpg.043c70679e3547cd5f552abb7d026c69.jpgIMG_0219.thumb.jpg.7ebca7f60a2ae5c363065b61a58b1ae5.jpgIMG_0217.thumb.jpg.a3dd8be3f2df227c8610dd8c32399ff0.jpg

Now show the picture of Goedert WIDE OPEN down the seam while Carson stands there holding the ball. Or the other receiver he had open, not sure if it was Fulgham or Reagor, but he had two options to get the ball out on that play and instead held it to take a safety. One of the worst QB plays I’ve seen all season. 

• Like 11

When Cleveland downed that punt on the 1 yard line, how many of you KNEW a safety was coming?  

I knew with almost 100% certainty that we’d see 2 consecutive rushes for little to no yards followed by a called pass play that ended up with Wentz getting sacked in the end zone (based on how poorly the OL was playing - in particular how badly Vernon was abusing Peters yesterday - and because of Wentz’s propensity to hold on to the ball and not seeing wide open receivers.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, time2rock said:

When Cleveland downed that punt on the 1 yard line, how many of you KNEW a safety was coming?  

I knew with almost 100% certainty that we’d see 2 consecutive rushes for little to no yards followed by a called pass play that ended up with Wentz getting sacked in the end zone (based on how poorly the OL was playing - in particular how badly Vernon was abusing Peters yesterday - and because of Wentz’s propensity to hold on to the ball and not seeing wide open receivers.  

The way we've played this season pretty much every play I watch expecting a sack, turnover, flag or any combination thereof.

• Like 2

Wentz and Doug were just horrible there. Seriously how could you not expect pressure in that situation and try and get it out quickly. Even with the pressure he had time to get rid of that football. I’m tired of the excuses for this dude. He’s a bad football right now. There’s no way around it. Anyone still thinks Carson can lead this team anywhere is lying to themselves and that includes the coaching staff. Also people need to stop saying the coaches aren’t teaching this guy when week after week he keeps saying he won’t change. It’s time for a wake up call for this guy. 

Carson contributed here, but that is a piss poor double team.  Peters should be cut for his performance yesterday.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Wentz and Doug were just horrible there. Seriously how could you not expect pressure in that situation and try and get it out quickly. Even with the pressure he had time to get rid of that football. I’m tired of the excuses for this dude. He’s a bad football right now. There’s no way around it. Anyone still thinks Carson can lead this team anywhere is lying to themselves and that includes the coaching staff. Also people need to stop saying the coaches aren’t teaching this guy when week after week he keeps saying he won’t change. It’s time for a wake up call for this guy. 

At this point, I don't know that Wentz is capable of getting the ball out quickly.  And it sure doesn't seem as though plays are designed to allow that.  

• Like 1

With the way Wentz is taking so much time making his reads or making a decision, I have to wonder if he suffered some damage to his cognitive ability when he got that concussion in the playoffs against Seattle.

What he is doing is so different than what he's been like in previous seasons. I've read his concussion was pretty serious and he had symptoms for quite a while.  I've never seen a QB change so much with dealing with the mental part of the game.  

The eagles committed a ton of money to Wentz, so we all know they want him here for a long time....but I'm seriously questioning his mental ability right now.....NFL QBs have to make split second reads and decisions and Wentz isn't doing it.....

I'm not just talking about the next game, but the rest of his career......he's a smart guy, but it's clear that something is hindering his thought process. If they continue to put him out there, it may just ruin him for good.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

tbf, I had bad feelings when the Eagles took the ball at the 1-inch line in the first half. They actually got to to mid-field before Wentz was picked off and the Browns scored. :facepalm:

So yeah, I had bad feelings too. At least it wasn't a sack-fumble for a Browns TD, I guess.

55 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

With the way Wentz is taking so much time making his reads or making a decision, I have to wonder if he suffered some damage to his cognitive ability when he got that concussion in the playoffs against Seattle.

What he is doing is so different than what he's been like in previous seasons. I've read his concussion was pretty serious and he had symptoms for quite a while.  I've never seen a QB change so much with dealing with the mental part of the game.  

The eagles committed a ton of money to Wentz, so we all know they want him here for a long time....but I'm seriously questioning his mental ability right now.....NFL QBs have to make split second reads and decisions and Wentz isn't doing it.....

I'm not just talking about the next game, but the rest of his career......he's a smart guy, but it's clear that something is hindering his thought process. If they continue to put him out there, it may just ruin him for good.  

It's not just this season after the concussion though.

I remember having these same discussions in the 2018, and 2019 seasons:  Carson seems off, he's erratic, he's making bad decisions, he has bad footwork and mechanics, something is not right in his mind is he affected by his injuries?  Is he rattled because of Foles?  Is it his WRs?  Is it his QB coach?  The injuries?

The thing I point to is Reich and Flip leaving.  He had a great coaching situation and after the SB they left, he was in Foles' shadow and trying to prove himself after injury.  Then he got hurt again, and watched Foles take over and win another playoff game and appear in a 2nd.  Then he finally gets to a playoff game and gets a concussion in the 1st quarter.  Then they draft a QB in the 2nd.

It's a lot of factors.  But this season Carson is saying he won't change, and Doug says he won't make him.  Doug doesn't hold anyone accountable.  He keeps putting Peters out there but he sucks and benches Mailata who has been playing well and getting better each week.  He brings back Alshon to take away snaps and touches for Fulgham.  He goes away from the run when Sanders and Scott get things going.  Anyway, Doug doesn't hold Carson accountable, they say it in interviews and every week he and Carson say they need to get better but we see the same issues.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NOTW said:

He keeps putting Peters out there but he sucks and benches Mailata who has been playing well and getting better each week.  

This is totally unexplainable. 

I like Doug as a person but he ain't cutting it as a HC.

It's time for ownership to take action, both Howie and Doug need to be gone.

• Like 5

Just now, EagleVA said:

I hope this doesn’t become a regular occurance, but I agree. 

3 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

I defended Doug his whole tenure here until this year.  Even earlier this year I still defended him, thinking he just needs a traditional OC.  But he's lost me.  No accountability, mindless loyalty to veterans who are done, poor decisions, this whole thing is bad.  Blow this team up.

• Like 3

I'd respect Peters more if he said "I don't have it anymore" and just retired. He's hurting this team more than helping at this point. Mailata should be getting the reps.

Wentz was awful yesterday and so was the OL.

• Like 1

Ward was open in the flat and so was sanders. Watch the video, and look for sanders route especially, it’s just sad. The o line, as bad as they played, gave Wentz 4 sec on the friggin goal line. How much time does this kid need? Last night al Michael’s pointed out that mahomes was getting the ball out in 2 seconds or less while under pressure. Wentz had double that on the goal line and decided to take the sack. 

But you know Wentz, He was clearly looking for the touchdown play on the goal line. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PhillyPhreak24 said:

I'd respect Peters more if he said "I don't have it anymore" and just retired. He's hurting this team more than helping at this point. Mailata should be getting the reps.

Wentz was awful yesterday and so was the OL.

And to think Peters demanded more money to kick out to LT ... to give you this in return.  Dude is beyond spent.  But hey let’s keep trotting his sorry arse out there ... you know, out of blind loyalty (to hell with what is best for the team).  Just completely maddening.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I remember having these same discussions in the 2018, and 2019 seasons:  Carson seems off, he's erratic, he's making bad decisions, he has bad footwork and mechanics, something is not right in his mind is he affected by his injuries?  Is he rattled because of Foles?  Is it his WRs?  Is it his QB coach?  The injuries?

The thing I point to is Reich and Flip leaving.  He had a great coaching situation and after the SB they left, he was in Foles' shadow and trying to prove himself after injury.  Then he got hurt again, and watched Foles take over and win another playoff game and appear in a 2nd.  Then he finally gets to a playoff game and gets a concussion in the 1st quarter.  Then they draft a QB in the 2nd.

It's a lot of factors.  But this season Carson is saying he won't change, and Doug says he won't make him.  Doug doesn't hold anyone accountable.  He keeps putting Peters out there but he sucks and benches Mailata who has been playing well and getting better each week.  He brings back Alshon to take away snaps and touches for Fulgham.  He goes away from the run when Sanders and Scott get things going.  Anyway, Doug doesn't hold Carson accountable, they say it in interviews and every week he and Carson say they need to get better but we see the same issues.

In 2018/2019, I do think his injuries have had an effect in him along with little faith in the WRs he had.  But I agree it's alot of factors that have led to a severe regression. BUt this year, to me, just seems like he's just slower with the uptake of what he's seeing.....I thought he was thinking too much which will cause a QB to slow his reads and decisions.  But even when he has clear options, his decisions are slower to react.......I don't know, it's just what i've observed.

As far as Pedersen is concerned, he's clearly putting Wentz above the team, and that never works, especially when he's just not delivering.....I rarely blame QBs for losing games by themselves, but Wentz has been the reason for 3-4 losses this year......all of which I think has a negative affect on the offensive players and the whole team.

Teams look to the QB to inspire, instill confidence and leadership......and, right now, Wentz is not providing that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Br3 said:

Ward was open in the flat and so was sanders. Watch the video, and look for sanders route especially, it’s just sad. The o line, as bad as they played, gave Wentz 4 sec on the friggin goal line. How much time does this kid need? Last night al Michael’s pointed out that mahomes was getting the ball out in 2 seconds or less while under pressure. Wentz had double that on the goal line and decided to take the sack. 

But you know Wentz, He was clearly looking for the touchdown play on the goal line. 

Jesus. That’s even worse than I remember. He also had Goedert wide open down the seam. Three possible places to get the ball out and he just holds it and holds it. He really needs to sit. 

5 minutes ago, nipples said:

Jesus. That’s even worse than I remember. He also had Goedert wide open down the seam. Three possible places to get the ball out and he just holds it and holds it. He really needs to sit. 

Peters was getting beat so bad that seumalo decided to help him but it was too late. As bad as peters was on that play it’s still not his fault, it’s 100% on Wentz for having 4 seconds & 3 options to go with the football and deciding to go with none

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Br3 said:

Peters was getting beat so bad that seumalo decided to help him but it was too late. As bad as peters was on that play it’s still not his fault, it’s 100% on Wentz for having 4 seconds & 3 options to go with the football and deciding to go with none

Yep. Don’t know how much time he expects to have backed up to his own goal line on 3rd down. 

3 minutes ago, nipples said:

Yep. Don’t know how much time he expects to have backed up to his own goal line on 3rd down. 

There’s something wrong with that kids head. An average qb isn’t doing a 4 step drop on the goal line and then standing there flat footed like a statue waiting for somebody to get open for a 50 yard bomb. 

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

I agree with your broad thrust but the bolded part is nonsense, Fulgham has been out there for 88% and 96% of offensive snaps the last two weeks, Reagor has been in for 88% and 93%, Jeffery has been in for 27% and 7%,  he was basically WR4 against the Browns, he isn't the reason Fulgham has disappeared.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, birdman#12 said:

to me, just seems like he's just slower with the uptake of what he's seeing.....I thought he was thinking too much which will cause a QB to slow his reads and decisions.  But even when he has clear options, his decisions are slower to react.......

The problem is when he does have time to make a decision it's more often than not the wrong decision or errant pass.