End zone safety in Pictures

Traveler Vic

3 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

The way we've played this season pretty much every play I watch expecting a sack, turnover, flag or any combination thereof.

I think our offense is right up there with the Jets.  Actually with Joe Flacco they might be a little better now.

2 hours ago, birdman#12 said:

With the way Wentz is taking so much time making his reads or making a decision, I have to wonder if he suffered some damage to his cognitive ability when he got that concussion in the playoffs against Seattle.

What he is doing is so different than what he's been like in previous seasons. I've read his concussion was pretty serious and he had symptoms for quite a while.  I've never seen a QB change so much with dealing with the mental part of the game.  

The eagles committed a ton of money to Wentz, so we all know they want him here for a long time....but I'm seriously questioning his mental ability right now.....NFL QBs have to make split second reads and decisions and Wentz isn't doing it.....

I'm not just talking about the next game, but the rest of his career......he's a smart guy, but it's clear that something is hindering his thought process. If they continue to put him out there, it may just ruin him for good.  

Been saying this all year. There's something going on after the concussion. It's way worse than it ever was before.  He's literally not seeing things.  That was a MAJOR concussion. Not one of us knows the extent of the damage in its entirety. 

Just now, IFB DOG said:

Been saying this all year. There's something going on after the concussion. It's way worse than it ever was before.  He's literally not seeing things.  That was a MAJOR concussion. Not one of us knows the extent of the damage in its entirety. 

Definitely could be that or PTSD.  PTSD is a real thing, too.  He also has mechanics issues and I think he is resistant to fixing those. So, I think it's a combination of things. But, no matter what, Doug isn't doing him any favors or the team any favors by putting him out there when he needs to take some time to see things away from the field.

1 hour ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I agree with your broad thrust but the bolded part is nonsense, Fulgham has been out there for 88% and 96% of offensive snaps the last two weeks, Reagor has been in for 88% and 93%, Jeffery has been in for 27% and 7%,  he was basically WR4 against the Browns, he isn't the reason Fulgham has disappeared.

My what now?  :lol:

Ok that makes sense.  I saw people in the GDT thread saying he was taking snaps away from Fulgham and I didn't get to see the entire game.  

Just now, NOTW said:

My what now?  :lol:

Ok that makes sense.  I saw people in the GDT thread saying he was taking snaps away from Fulgham and I didn't get to see the entire game.  

The disappearance of Fulgham is a concern because if his initial success was based on teams not being concerned enough to cover him it means we're back to square one in terms of having guys who can save us draft picks at receiver when we cut bait on Jeffery and Jackson.

• Like 1

It's not a double. Jason Peters has been letting people get into his pads all year because he can't move his feet anymore and they're eating him alive. Isaac has to compensate for him and it's killing the line. Jason Peters is a liability and has been all season. This is an organizational problem. Loyalty to players. Loyalty to players who aren't that talented to begin with, that are old and declining or frankly, should be out of football. Loyalty to guys that they need to move on from. 

Jason Peters should not be on the football team. You should be seeing if you have your future LT on the team and getting him reps. Instead, reps are going to a guy my age. Not only is he on the team, but he's starting and you gave him a pay raise. 

Nate Gerry was kept in far, far too long because your LB coach said "he was so intelligent and athletic". Well, it didn't show on the field. If it doesn't translate to the field then he's a coach, not a player. Sit his butt down and tell him to go coach at West Catholic. I hear they have openings. 

Jordan Howard is coming back. I don't care how bad Miami's line has been. He's averaging less yards per carry than my wife. 

Kept bringing Ronald Darby back. He stunk. Then he stunk again. Then nobody wanted him and you paid him again. Now he still stinks. 

They don't get it. 

The team does not have a younger influx of talent because they are loyal to the same players year after year. It's like being bang buddies with that reliable chick you grew up with that used to be a 7.5, but now she's a 4 and has three kids with three different guys when you could be out getting 7.5s still. What the hell are you doing? Get on Tinder or Match or something. 🤨

Makes my head hurt. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

The disappearance of Fulgham is a concern because if his initial success was based on teams not being concerned enough to cover him it means we're back to square one in terms of having guys who can save us draft picks at receiver when we cut bait on Jeffery and Jackson.

I don't think you can draw any conclusion on the eagles young WRs until Wentz deals with his issues or they put somebody else in........There's been too many times where receivers were open and didn't get targeted or when they did, the pass was in a bad spot.......Wentz is throwing high, low and wide......all over the place. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, nipples said:

Now show the picture of Goedert WIDE OPEN down the seam while Carson stands there holding the ball. Or the other receiver he had open, not sure if it was Fulgham or Reagor, but he had two options to get the ball out on that play and instead held it to take a safety. One of the worst QB plays I’ve seen all season. 

On this same Safety play Sanders 26 to the right, and Ward to the left (on the bottom),  are wide open at the 5 yard line!!! with No Defender next to them within 5 yards. Wentz, right before the sack, was eyeing down the field and the defenders, looking at his eyes,  dropped back to beyond the 10 yard line. Also note how almost every single Defensive lineman, in a 4 on 5, is coming through unabated. This is not skills position's fault. It's 1) regressing Wentz  2) Offensive line..Aka JP 3) Doug Peterson for not running the ball 4) Howie for insisting that JP plays LT and putting this whole team together.

IMG_0236.thumb.jpg.475024fe18edfd68f2ff8f2fc67d16ad.jpg

21 hours ago, nipples said:

Jesus. That’s even worse than I remember. He also had Goedert wide open down the seam. Three possible places to get the ball out and he just holds it and holds it. He really needs to sit. 

Sanders and Ward were open. I don't think Goedert was until after the sack. 

• Like 1

The safety was on Wentz there's just no excuse for it. He has to know to get the ball out. With that said could Doug have called a better play, maybe roll Carson out and give him better options to avoid the safety? Absolutely. Could the line play be better? Yes

These are all reasons this team just sucks this season. IT"S THE WHOLE DAMN TEAM!!!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

The safety was on Wentz there's just no excuse for it. He has to know to get the ball out. With that said could Doug have called a better play, maybe roll Carson out and give him better options to avoid the safety? Absolutely. Could the line play be better? Yes

These are all reasons this team just sucks this season. IT"S THE WHOLE DAMN TEAM!!!

Agree

1 hour ago, greend said:

Sanders and Ward were open. I don't think Goedert was until after the sack. 

No, Goedert was definitely there

47 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Now show the picture of our PR not fair catching it at the 14. 

One mistake on PR excuses our QB of Fing up again and again? 

The problem is Wentz is not able to quickly read a defense and see the field.  It’s week after week.  The constant excuse making for him is intolerable.  Sure, we can blame Doug and play calling, but the reality is there are far more receivers open on these "bad play calls” that Wentz just isn’t seeing.  It is time to move on from Wentz.  He is done.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nipples said:

No, Goedert was definitely there

One mistake on PR excuses our QB of Fing up again and again? 

No but in all fairness, Ward has been allowing punts to bounce past him all season. He’s cost us a good bit of FP this season. 

2 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

One mistake on the PR.. you must not watch any Eagles games

I’m talking about one mistake prior to that drive. 

The point is regardless of the field position, Wentz is the ***** that keeps making these horrific plays and killing this offense. 

I was outside raking leaves (I live in a rather wooded area so they're everywhere all the time this time of year so had to do it just to keep up) and had the window down and radio on in my vehicle so I could listen.  Merrill went off on Wentz like I've never heard him go off on a player before.  He straightforward blamed Wentz for the sack and not just a single mention of it, but he repeated it more than a few times.  He was harping on him pretty hard.

Doug is either an idiot for being stubborn and not tweaking the O to suit Wentz better considering how he's playing or he's just a mediocre coach and has no clue how to come up with a better O.  Since Wentz isn't seeing the field well then you have to change the O and put it loads of plays that are quick passes like slants and short crossing routes where you let Reagor with his speed and elusiveness or Fulgham with his physical running try to pickup YAC.  But nope, same old mundane routes that take time to develop with an OL of mostly backups and a QB who is playing like he's shell shocked. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

I was outside raking leaves (I live in a rather wooded area so they're everywhere all the time this time of year so had to do it just to keep up) and had the window down and radio on in my vehicle so I could listen.  Merrill went off on Wentz like I've never heard him go off on a player before.  He straightforward blamed Wentz for the sack and not just a single mention of it, but he repeated it more than a few times.  He was harping on him pretty hard.

Doug is either an idiot for being stubborn and not tweaking the O to suit Wentz better considering how he's playing or he's just a mediocre coach and has no clue how to come up with a better O.  Since Wentz isn't seeing the field well then you have to change the O and put it loads of plays that are quick passes like slants and short crossing routes where you let Reagor with his speed and elusiveness or Fulgham with his physical running try to pickup YAC.  But nope, same old mundane routes that take time to develop with an OL of mostly backups and a QB who is playing like he's shell shocked

I've seen enough and I'm tired of the excuses. I used to defend Wentz all day but there is nothing left in the tank. The reality sucks but it is true... we don't have a quality franchise QB at this point.

You just cannot do that, an NFL quarterback, starter or practice squad guy, simply cannot do that. Down by three, late in the game, you cannot be serious ..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

Doug is either an idiot for being stubborn and not tweaking the O to suit Wentz better considering how he's playing or he's just a mediocre coach and has no clue how to come up with a better O.  Since Wentz isn't seeing the field well then you have to change the O and put it loads of plays that are quick passes like slants and short crossing routes where you let Reagor with his speed and elusiveness or Fulgham with his physical running try to pickup YAC.  But nope, same old mundane routes that take time to develop with an OL of mostly backups and a QB who is playing like he's shell shocked. 

Yeah, I watch the games with Merrill and Mike overlaid on the video instead of the tv announcers. You can tell they have both had enough of Carson. It wasn’t even just the safety, they were calling him out all game long for holding the ball too long and not seeing receivers. They’re typically not going to destroy our starting QB, so it just shows you how bad Wentz has been that even they were ripping him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1