SNES Classic

paco

9 hours ago, Mat said:

I just found out yesterday that with the Switch online subscription they give you free access to a Netflix style library of old NES and SNES titles. I think it's pretty limited at the moment but I found it interesting.

I need to hook all my consoles up in my room. I have the NES, SNES, Sega, PS minis along with my actual full size ones but I've run out of plugs on my powerboards and HDMI. 

Almost makes me want to get a switch :lol: 

I could go for another round of Rock n roll Racing :blush:

I never beat the original SMB.  I have it on my Wii.  Maybe I should make that a COVID goal.

1 hour ago, paco said:

I never beat the original SMB.  I have it on my Wii.  Maybe I should make that a COVID goal.

like the game that came on the same cartridge as duck hunt?

15 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

like the game that came on the same cartridge as duck hunt?

Yup.  Could make it to 8-4 (That 8-3 jump can f itself) but never had the patience to learn the castle maze.

• 2 weeks later...

On 3/20/2020 at 11:13 AM, paco said:

I have not fired up my SNES classic since I've been off the road.  

This past Saturday schmoopie was in a "put whatever you want on" mood, so instead of watching Impratical jokers for the millionth time, I finally fired up the SNES for the first time since the quarantine.  At first I wanted to show her my mad mega man skills (man, they have diminished.  I need to run through it a few times again to get it back) but then she said "Why don't you try something you never played before?".  So after vetoing Secret of Mana and Super Ghosts and Ghouls, I fired up:

On 3/25/2020 at 12:53 PM, OCEaglefan said:

I’ve got the sudden urge to do Castlevania IV

On 3/25/2020 at 6:45 PM, paco said:

Let me know how you like it.  I never played it. Seems slow

On 3/25/2020 at 8:15 PM, OCEaglefan said:

Castlevania games are notorious for being difficult. Other than renting it as a kid I’ve never played it. Mostly a remake of the original I believe. (Story wise)

On 3/27/2020 at 10:04 AM, jrsu37 said:

As a huge Castlevania fan who plays them all still from time to time, III, Bloodlines and Symphony of the Night are the best.

III being my personal fav.

I only played for about 30 to 60 minutes, but its a surprisingly fun game so far.  Obviously, I didn't make it too far (only the third level) but I did enjoy the variety of enemies it has presented so far.  My biggest criticism is how slow it is.  Moving and jumping specifically.  Maybe its meant to be more realistic, but compared to other games of the time, its like plodding through mud.