Dan Orlovsky for QB Coach (current TV analyst)

Godfather

Wentz would benefit having Orlovsky as his qb coach. Orlovsky wouldn't baby him or let him slack off on his mechanics. He'll also have a guy who believes in him

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Godfather said:

Wentz would benefit having Orlovsky as his qb coach. Orlovsky wouldn't baby him or let him slack off on his mechanics. He'll also have a guy who believes in him

My big issue here is... Carson should realise and recognise that he's not being coached the way he needs to be. It is very clear that Press is not helping to develop him and yet they all stick with this broken formula. I put some of that on Wentz. 

• Like 1

Nah he’s just another one of these defend Wentz at all costs people. Wentz needs someone who isn’t afraid to tell him the truth and not another lapdog.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Nah he’s just another one of these defend Wentz at all costs people. Wentz needs someone who isn’t afraid to tell him the truth and not another lapdog.

Who though? I mean why isn't Wentz asking for a change? He's so in bed with Press that he won't even do what is needed. Does he really think this crap is acceptable?

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Wentz needs someone who believes in him. He isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Lurie still likes him. Orlovsky could light a fire under him and get on him over his ishhy mechanics. Taylor isn't doing any of the above. He has a friend approach 

3 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Wentz needs someone who believes in him. He isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Lurie still likes him. Orlovsky could light a fire under him and get on him over his ishhy mechanics. Taylor isn't doing any of the above. He has a friend approach 

Anyone who dares question him has been booted. Not sure Wentz wants that kind of instruction.

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Anyone who dares question him has been booted. Not sure Wentz wants that kind of instruction.

Defilippo wasn't booted. Vikes hired him as their OC. Reich was hired as a HC

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

This is part of my issue though. We all think Wentz needs to be coached hard and yeah I think that is absolutely true. But... Surely he knows that too? And he should be asking for that. 

10 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I agree with you, he's not a good choice.  However, just for what it's worth, he did admit Wentz is a problem this week.

A few weeks ago Carson stood at the podium and stated he's not going to change how he plays the game. Well, he better or he will lose his starting job. Bring in a respected QB coach who will start by demanding consistently sound fundamentals and see what happens. If Carson won't take the instruction, sit his azzz down. He has to understand that he answers to the coaches and not the other way around. Just as he is supposed to be a leader among the players, those coaches are his leaders, so do as your told kid. It really is that simple.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Godfather said:

I still wonder why Flip was never rehired after Minnesota or Jacksonville fired him. He has a reputation as being a demanding guy but that worked for Wentz. 

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

This is part of my issue though. We all think Wentz needs to be coached hard and yeah I think that is absolutely true. But... Surely he knows that too? And he should be asking for that. 

The Eagles had a chance to bring Deflip back, and they passed. Meanwhile Carson’s Buddy the QB coach got a promotion. Even Stevie Wonder can see this dude doesn’t want a hard nosed coach constantly telling him how terrible his mechanics are.

10 hours ago, Godfather said:

The Eagles did not want Dflipp back. He was available twice and they passed twice despite how much success Carson had with him. They also needed a OC after Reich got the job. I know there were some shenanigans that went down that made Deflip get a job before Reich, but the also knew Reich’s name was being tossed around as aHC candidate. Bottom line is if they wanted to keep Deflip they could have. 

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

The Eagles had a chance to bring Deflip back, and they passed. Meanwhile Carson’s Buddy the QB coach got a promotion. Even Stevie Wonder can see this dude doesn’t want a hard nosed coach constantly telling him how terrible his mechanics are.

I agree with you. My point, and my issue, is that Carson isn't making noises and saying he needs a new QB coach. I know that's a really hard thing to do because he has a good relationship with Press but if he really wants to be a top NFL QB then he needs to have that drive and ruthlessness.

21 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

The film clip the other day where Wentz just blatantly threw it 3 ft behind Ward and Orlovsky is trying to say it was Ward's fault for not stopping the route.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I agree with you. My point, and my issue, is that Carson isn't making noises and saying he needs a new QB coach. I know that's a really hard thing to do because he has a good relationship with Press but if he really wants to be a top NFL QB then he needs to have that drive and ruthlessness.

Do you really think he should say something like that publicly? Do you have any idea what that would do to his reputation around the league, the media narratives around the Eagles, etc.? 

I don't know what he's really thinking and feeling, but he's saying the right thing by placing the blame entirely on himself. If he starts making excuses, blaming other people, he's just about done in the NFL. Nobody wants a cancer like that at QB. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

The film clip the other day where Wentz just blatantly threw it 3 ft behind Ward and Orlovsky is trying to say it was Ward's fault for not stopping the route.

Yeah I don’t see how anyone who has basically been a Wentz cheerleader would make this situation any better. 

On 12/2/2020 at 6:54 AM, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah I don’t see how anyone who has basically been a Wentz cheerleader would make this situation any better. 

Well if he tried to help and Wentz resisted we'd know Wentz's days are over.

Don't see Dan leaving his nice Media job to become a QB coach. If someone said HC, yea a chance to leave, but for a QB coach spot? lol. 

1 minute ago, eaglegenius said:

Well if he tried to help and Wentz resisted we'd know Wentz's days are over.

We have seen Wentz at his best when his QB coach pushed him to be better. Right now his guy is a glorified cheerleader. Also what people keep failing to see is Carson never once brought in someone from the outside to help him with his mechanics. It’s clear the guy thinks nothing is wrong with the way he plays. He’s told us week after week that he’s not changing how he plays. One has to first accept something is wrong before he can change. 

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

We have seen Wentz at his best when his QB coach pushed him to be better. Right now his guy is a glorified cheerleader. Also what people keep failing to see is Carson never once brought in someone from the outside to help him with his mechanics. It’s clear the guy thinks nothing is wrong with the way he plays. He’s told us week after week that he’s not changing how he plays. One has to first accept something is wrong before he can change. 

I agree completely. It's the FO (apparently) who need to be convinced to accept that.
Bringing in someone like Orlovsky and having Wentz stubbornly resist change might open their eyes.

Meanwhile under the current coaches, it's clear that nothing will change.
And from what we've seen so far, no one in the FO is lifting a finger to force change.

35 minutes ago, eaglegenius said:

I agree completely. It's the FO (apparently) who need to be convinced to accept that.
Bringing in someone like Orlovsky and having Wentz stubbornly resist change might open their eyes.

Meanwhile under the current coaches, it's clear that nothing will change.
And from what we've seen so far, no one in the FO is lifting a finger to force change.

Danny O = Press Taylor. 

On 12/1/2020 at 11:05 AM, Godfather said:

And how do you know Lurie is still in on Wentz? Did you talk to him? 

6 hours ago, nipples said:

And how do you know Lurie is still in on Wentz? Did you talk to him? 

Yup

On 12/1/2020 at 7:37 AM, EazyEaglez said:

Orlovsky is a POS.