Dan Orlovsky for QB Coach (current TV analyst)

Godfather

On 12/1/2020 at 9:26 PM, EazyEaglez said:

The Eagles did not want Dflipp back. He was available twice and they passed twice despite how much success Carson had with him. They also needed a OC after Reich got the job. I know there were some shenanigans that went down that made Deflip get a job before Reich, but the also knew Reich’s name was being tossed around as aHC candidate. Bottom line is if they wanted to keep Deflip they could have. 

Wish I could find the article but I seem to remember reading how they passed in bringing him back because he and Wentz didn’t get along. Because he pushed him too hard. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nipples said:

Wish I could find the article but I seem to remember reading how they passed in bringing him back because he and Wentz didn’t get along. Because he pushed him too hard. 

I remember the story being tossed around too. It doesn’t look good that Press Taylor who Carson likes not only wasn’t fired he got promoted. He wasn’t even a good QB coach, and now he has more responsibilities.... For people to think at this point Carson wants difficult coaching despite telling us week after week he won’t change how he plays just kind of shows how brainwashed people are when it comes to Carson. 

• 3 weeks later...

Steve Sarkisian has redeemed himself well at Alabama and would be an excellent choice for QB coach here. 
During Saban's recent absence he filled in and kept the team undefeated and the Alabama QBs have excelled
during his tenure. Despite his past problem, he has a solid winning record in his coaching career and has
been clean for several yeears now.

Orlovsky, as much as I like him, was far from a stellar QB and as anyone who watches TV knows, it's a hell
of a lot easier to be an "expert" when offering opinion and analysis than it is to do the job on the playing field.