Weekly line thread: Eagles +9 at Packers

Hawkeye

Eagles/Packers are the late national game Sunday with Jim Nantz and Tony Romo in the booth.  I cannot understand what CBS is thinking but they didn’t ask me. 

Line: Packers - 9 
Money line: Packers -400/Eagles +320
Total: 47

• Haha 1

Packers barely beat the Jaguars at home, they have a **** defense and can go into full flameout mode against bad teams

• Like 1

Just now, Dutchman063 said:

Packers barely beat the Jaguars at home, they have a **** defense and can go into full flameout mode against bad teams

We can’t rely on teams having bad defenses. Dallas had a bad defense, so did Seattle. We can’t score on anyone right now. I’ve been saying, our offense is the cure all for any bad defense. 

You can sing this to the Partridge in a Pear Tree because there will be Packers lords a lambeau leapin on Sunday. 

:whistle:On the next coming Sunday, the Eagles gave to me:  Ten Packers Lambeau Leapin...5 Miles carries..4 Wentzcerceptions...3 offsides penalties..2 Hurts read options...and a head coach in the hot seat

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

We can’t rely on teams having bad defenses. Dallas had a bad defense, so did Seattle. We can’t score on anyone right now. I’ve been saying, our offense is the cure all for any bad defense. 

You missed my point, im not saying we're gonna win but it could be anything but a blowout, and +9 isnt a stretch.. this game could be close and thats all we need to luck out a win

9 hours ago, Dutchman063 said:

You missed my point, im not saying we're gonna win but it could be anything but a blowout, and +9 isnt a stretch.. this game could be close and thats all we need to luck out a win

Id agree with this. This team has enough fight that it could either be close (without ever really feeling or being close) or they rally late to bring it within a TD.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, weko said:

9 points is a lot if our D plays like last game.

Agreed although I think the Packers offense is better than Seattle. 

11 hours ago, Dutchman063 said:

The Seahawks have the worst passing defense in the League and we made it look like the Legion of Boom with the Purple People Eaters guesting as the D Line.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It needs to be Hurts time. He won’t beat Rodgers at Lambeau, but he needs to start for at least a game.

4 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

It needs to be Hurts time. He won’t beat Rodgers at Lambeau, but he needs to start for at least a game.

Agreed. They have to do something big - a major shakeup - or the entire brain trust needs to be fired.

With that said, it's tough to take even that many points at Lambeau, in December, with Aaron Rodgers at QB. 

Another national game so we can get embarrassed again! At this point embarrassment might be our only salvation to clean house. 

1 hour ago, c_u_in_tampa said:

Another national game so we can get embarrassed again! At this point embarrassment might be our only salvation to clean house. 

The Eagles sell tickets - win or lose.  On TV and in Vegas. 

Eagles covered vs Seattle on one of the worse bad beats of all time. So bad that you would have thought Doug Pederson was in on Eagles +6.5. Literally no reason for the eagles to go for 2 after a hail mary lmao

Adams & Rodgers will have a huge days. 

The Smith Bros will get a ton of pressure on Wentz and Alexander will shut down whichever WR he is covering. The only chance the Eagles have is to run, run and run but Pederson never commits to running the ball so it won’t happen. The Packers run defense is very suspect. 

15 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

Eagles covered vs Seattle on one of the worse bad beats of all time. So bad that you would have thought Doug Pederson was in on Eagles +6.5. Literally no reason for the eagles to go for 2 after a hail mary lmao

It's one of the unwritten rules.  

"Cover for the alumni" might as well be the motto of college football. 

93% of the money line action is on the Packers.
84% of the side action is on the Packers.

Yet the line has dropped to Eagles +8.5 as for the season, favorites are 77-98-1 ATS and home favorites are 48-62 ATS.

The contrarian formula says take the Eagles and the points.  

• Like 1

Please Greenbay destroy the Eagles...... 41-0 Packers.. The draft pick is more important than some selfish individuals saving their jobs with a first round playoff exit..