Weekly line thread: Eagles +9 at Packers

Hawkeye

4 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

Please Greenbay destroy the Eagles...... 41-0 Packers.. The draft pick is more important than some selfish individuals saving their jobs with a first round playoff exit..

Draft picks are the most overvalued asset in the business.  Just go back and look at the Eagles last decade of drafts.

12 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

Draft picks are the most overvalued asset in the business.  Just go back and look at the Eagles last decade of drafts.

Are you saying you rather lose the high draft pick even if the best Eagles can do from here on is 1st round elimination in playoffs ?

3 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

Are you saying you rather lose the high draft pick even if the best Eagles can do from here on is 1st round elimination in playoffs ?

I would take the playoff game.

23 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

Thats nice, lets take 1 step forward and 2 steps backwards..

3 hours ago, pallidrone said:

As long as Roseman is GM I would take PO game as well...

12 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

I’m saying unless you’re talking about a top three pick yes, I’d rather enjoy a playoff run and the draft will take care of itself.

Eagles fans do this every year.  It’s maddening.

15 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

I’m saying unless you’re talking about a top three pick yes, I’d rather enjoy a playoff run and the draft will take care of itself.

Eagles fans do this every year.  It’s maddening.

Its just being realistic. I never root against the Eagles ever or to lose. But with a season like this it would not upset me if they did not make the div. Who ever wins this div will be looked at as the joke of the league and go on being the worst team in NFL history to make the playoffs. At the same point, history does show with this team a top 10 pick has resulted in much long term success. So will I root against them? As a season ticket holder, I will never do that. But Im fully expecting to enter the draft with a top 10 pick in April. 

10 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

Thats nice, lets take 1 step forward and 2 steps backwards..

You are assuming a top ten pick will pan out, that it will fix the Eagles, that they will be better.

How do we know if this is the last time the Eagles make it to the playoffs for a long time? Which is very possible with a division that is improving and a team with serious cap issues.

I would rather take the playoff appearance now, root like hell for them to win and deal with the future later.

I’ll take Eagles on the back door cover. This game won’t be close for most of it, but they always seem to get that garbage time TD to cover the line. 

Game will be reminiscent of Vick’s first game filling in for Kolb.  Wentz will play poorly in the 1st Half. Hurts will come in and lead the Eagles to a close loss or win. 

Why this is a National game is beyond me. Eagles don’t stand a chance. Closest this game will be is the start when it’s 0-0. Td Rodgers to Adam’s the first drive and they pour it on from there. 38-24 Packers. Score doesn’t look bad but only because of the garbage time points the Eagles will add at the end.