It’s time to talk about Andre Dillard

RUEagle

I really hope we dont trade him. He was very good in his relief of JP. And he totally sucked at RT, but I dont blame him for even a second for that one. That was the dumbest hail mary I have ever seen. I bet his confidence was shot after that.

26 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

I really hope we dont trade him. He was very good in his relief of JP. And he totally sucked at RT, but I dont blame him for even a second for that one. That was the dumbest hail mary I have ever seen. I bet his confidence was shot after that.

Yea. Tra Thomas was on 97.5 all week saying if they put him at RT it will be ugly. He was right. Maybe he should be an advisor for the oline and offense as a whole. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

Me neither. I don't like the idea of trading a young player like that, unless he's absolutely terrible. He showed promise as a rookie. Let the kid grow and become Wentz's blindside protector for the future.

4 minutes ago, PhillyPhreak24 said:

Me neither. I don't like the idea of trading a young player like that, unless he's absolutely terrible. He showed promise as a rookie. Let the kid grow and become Wentz's blindside protector for the future.

Not to mention he was considered a steal in the draft because people thought he’s go top 15, some had top 10. 

3 minutes ago, The Holy Vagabond said:

Who’s supposed to be the starting LT if he’s traded?

Well depends doesn't it? What if we could keep #21 and package Dillard plus 2021 picks to get another first round pick?

5 minutes ago, The Holy Vagabond said:

Who’s supposed to be the starting LT if he’s traded?

Can't remember the name........put he's prolly pullin' some shrimp off the barbie as we speak.....................

I dont know why the Eagles might be blowing smoke saying he could be a bust because he was terrible at RT. JP never played RT, Lane never played LT so those guys had they changed positions may have sucked as well. Nothing wrong with Dillard, he was fine at LT when he went up against guys like Mack, the guy from Dallas (forgot  his name). He is our future LT when the NFL season starts again in 2 or 3 years from now imo..

1 minute ago, Redzonemadness said:

I hope that's true. Too early to really tell what Dillard will/can be

43 minutes ago, Jeep_man said:

I dont know why the Eagles might be blowing smoke saying he could be a bust because he was terrible at RT. JP never played RT, Lane never played LT so those guys had they changed positions may have sucked as well. Nothing wrong with Dillard, he was fine at LT when he went up against guys like Mack, the guy from Dallas (forgot  his name). He is our future LT when the NFL season starts again in 2 or 3 years from now imo..

Lane did play LT for us when JP went down. He was average at best imo. 

3 minutes ago, Redzonemadness said:

Good

As Roseman has been quoted "  It’s an o-line deficient league."  Its stupid to bail on Andre Dillard. 

I guess the scenario becomes, the Jets are unsure about anyone left on the draft board and know the Eagles would love to move up. They know the Eagles can also re-sign Peters for a year and have Mailata as a developmental piece. So they make a phone call.

If we keep the #21 pick, we get a top WR prospect and likely someone who can step in and start on the defense right away. Do we say no to that? 

My guess is that the Jets will probably just draft a tackle, but if they don't like who is out there, they are kind of in a pickle because their line was terrible last year, their current LT was a backup in Seattle last year, and they need another guy regardless. If they get Dillard, they can plug him in at LT and the Seattle guy can play RT. And they don't have to gamble on a guy protecting their QB who is likely to miss the entire offseason.

6 hours ago, What The F said:

Trade him to Washington for Williams and a 3rd this year.  

Would'nt give high compensation because we will hve to give him a new contract.  Plus he hasn't played in  a year. So  dont know what ur getting yet.

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So I think there's some truth to the organisation being unprepared on Dillard. They didn't expect him to drop so I doubt they put a lot of resources in to him. 

But I don't think they are going to give up on him after a year. Not having let JP walk. And Dillard played well at LT when he was asked to step in. 

I agree, it could be that h didn't progress the way they had hoped im to.  But I dont think kthey give up on him after 1 year

The Dillard topic last month covered all this.  Summary of my thoughts:

• Eagles traded up for Dillard.  Stoutland liked him when he scouted him
  • If they didn't believe in him, they would have re-signed JP.  That alone says to me, they are fine with Dillard
  • Doug and Stout both praised Dillard after the season
  • He played well at LT, should have remained the starter to get more experience
  • He was thrown at RT with no reps.  Stoutland took the blame, said they got him practice at RT after that and he was improving.  Regardless, JP never had to play RT did he?
  • Lane Johnson at one point early in his career moved to LT to replace JP injured, and he had a whole week of practice and struggled.  It's hard to players to switch sides without practice
  • The myth that he was "emotional" in training camp and that he doesn't have "dog in him" was debunked.  He got angry at Barnett for hitting Wentz, and Doug encouraged him.  Brandon Brooks said the O line liked that he showed passion and fight.  

If they didn't like Dillard, they would have re-signed JP to give Dillard another year.

I would be shocked if they traded him.  

• Like 1

Jets fans:  Andre Dillard is pretty good...and is the Eagles LT.

On 4/23/2020 at 12:38 PM, RUEagle said:

First he was rumored to be available.  Now we’re being linked to have interest in Trent Williams.  Today, PFT discusses how Howie never met him face to face and was shocked Dillard dropped.  Says he’s having trouble adapting to the city of Philly as well as adjusting to an NFL locker room. 

He was decent I thought in relief duty and we all know OT take time to develop now a days. So what’s the consensus. All nonsense or where there’s smoke there’s fire?  I’m not gonna lie I’m a little worried.  

Wait......there were rumors flying all over the place about everything from teams trading up, teams trading down, who was interested in who, who was on the trading block....blah, blah, blah.

How can you believe any "rumor"?  The f------ media doesn't know.......haven't they proven that after the 1st round and all the endless mock drafts?  

Where's the smoke?  A couple rumors from guys who have been brutally wrong time after time?  

Relax......even if there was an issue, it's not unusual for a young kid to have a hard adjustment to professional like in a tough city.  Look at what the eagles have done.....they let Jason Peters walk, they let Big V walk......they made no attempt to sign a tackle in free agency.  If they had ANY concern, do you think they would had done something different?  

Sounds like BS to me. If they traded Dillard who they traded up in the first round to get after 1 year of being a backup to a HOF LT then Howie needs to step down the next day. If you are giving up on him that fast then you clearly cant evaluate talent. For that alone I think you have to ride him out to see what he really becomes. 

This bum was dead to me after the whining all week about playing on the right side and then tanking.  Looked like he purposely tanked so he wouldn’t ever be asked to play RT again.