NY Giants Defense Is Extremely Good

wrestlevessel

They just held Russell Wilson to nothing in the first half. Every week they dominate except the 49er game. I really hope someone signs their d-coordinator as a head coach or they will be dominant for a long time. Need to disrupt this big progress. 

They won this game and have looked really good. No one is scared of them except me? WE all know how lucky this team is. They won Super Bowls with Eli at QB and going 9-7 and 10-6

The NFC is surprisingly weak.  The entire West is competitive and fun to watch but there isn't a single powerhouse in there.  Bucs and Bress-less Saints aren't exactly the kinds of teams that normally go to the SB.  It's really just the Packers.

So yes, ANY team that goes into the NFC playoffs playing clean mistake free football can go pretty far.

2 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

The NFC is surprisingly weak.  The entire West is competitive and fun to watch but there isn't a single powerhouse in there.  Bucs and Bress-less Saints aren't exactly the kinds of teams that normally go to the SB.  It's really just the Packers.

So yes, ANY team that goes into the NFC playoffs playing clean mistake free football can go pretty far.

Oh God if I have to endure a 3rd championship within 13 years I am going to be super pissed. This is a team who knows how to get it done. They did it twice with Eli who isn't that good.

• Sad 1

Just now, wrestlevessel said:

Oh God if I have to endure a 3rd championship within 13 years I am going to be super pissed. This is a team who knows how to get it done. They did it twice with Eli who isn't that good.

LOL, you know Giants fans are thinking about it.  One of my best friends (G fan) immediately brought it up.  

But no, hell no.  This Giants D is certainly turning into a decent unit but is there really a pass rusher on that team you can trust?  And danny jones is nowhere close to being ready to outduel playoff Qb's in a 3-4 game string.

Can they win a playoff game?  Fo'sho'.  Maybe even take out a team like Brady's Bucs.  But a true playoff run ain't happening.

I pray you are right Dawkins. But these a-holes have good karma on their side for sure. I hope Joe Judge is a 1 year wonder and teams adjust to him next year. It sucks as the only team who dominated him is the 49ers. Every week they come out playing well. 

3 minutes ago, wrestlevessel said:

I pray you are right Dawkins. But these a-holes have good karma on their side for sure. I hope Joe Judge is a 1 year wonder and teams adjust to him next year. It sucks as the only team who dominated him is the 49ers. Every week they come out playing well. 

The only NFC team with a chance in hell to beat the top AFC team in the SB is GB.  So while luck could get them that far, they'd get wrecked against Pitt/KC or even Tenn in the SB.

Do you think Joe Judge is this amazing and will be as good as Parcells and Coughlin? I sure hope not. I thought their ownership had issues with Mara and Tisch's kids being idiots. But looks like the football Gods love them.

8 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

NY aren't going on a run in the play offs. They have looked better the last few weeks but they still aren't a good team. 

You sure about that? They're 5-2 in the last 7 and those two losses were by a combined 3 points, including a ridiculous loss to a terrible Eagles team. 

The Giants are not a huge threat this year, but the arrow is pointing up for sure. We're missing our top 4 OLBs from the start of the season and still probably have the best defense in the division (WFT is right there as well). 

The Giants have 3 rookies now playing on the OL and the unit is actually getting better. Our DL is stout and all of those guys are 26 and younger. If Jones continues to get better, Barkley comes back healthy and we resign key players, we're going to win the division next year by 3 games. Definitely still a few "ifs," but not nearly as many as they had in the beginning of the year and not as many as division rivals. 

2 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

LOL, you know Giants fans are thinking about it.  One of my best friends (G fan) immediately brought it up.  

But no, hell no.  This Giants D is certainly turning into a decent unit but is there really a pass rusher on that team you can trust?  And danny jones is nowhere close to being ready to outduel playoff Qb's in a 3-4 game string.

Can they win a playoff game?  Fo'sho'.  Maybe even take out a team like Brady's Bucs.  But a true playoff run ain't happening.

I don't see a deep run happening either, but fans of that first round opponent are going to be crapping their pants. Same can be said if WFT wins the division. The NFC East is going to be a tougher out than most expect. 

You and I have talked about team building at length over the years. The Giants have finally done it right, from the inside out. 

1 hour ago, BKLYNYG said:

The Giants are not a huge threat this year, but the arrow is pointing up for sure. We're missing our top 4 OLBs from the start of the season and still probably have the best defense in the division (WFT is right there as well). 

Right so still a pretty bad team. You're only just ahead in a historically bad division. I didn't say anything about the future arrow for the Giants. Its been a good turnaround season for you so far. Unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Right so still a pretty bad team. You're only just ahead in a historically bad division. I didn't say anything about the future arrow for the Giants. Its been a good turnaround season for you so far. Unfortunately. 

Let's see what happens in the next 3 weeks (Cardinals, Browns, Ravens). If they are competitive in all three and even win a few I would put them in the good team category. What happened the first 8 games of the season doesn't matter anymore. 

3 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

I don't see a deep run happening either, but fans of that first round opponent are going to be crapping their pants. Same can be said of WFT wins the division. The NFC East is going to be a tougher out than most expect. 

You and I have talked about team building at length over the years. The Giants have finally done it right, from the inside out. 

Well we don't have to wait long to find out exactly where the G-Men are at.  Hawks were just the 1st of 4 straight games versus legit Wild Card quality teams.

16 hours ago, wrestlevessel said:

They won this game and have looked really good. No one is scared of them except me? WE all know how lucky this team is. They won Super Bowls with Eli at QB and going 9-7 and 10-6

At this rate the Eagles are better off losing out to shake up the front office. I don't want a "close but no playoffs/terrible draft slot" ending this year.

Oh I want Eagles losing out too but I don't want to see Giants being dominant long term and getting more Super Bowls. WFAN is all over their jock. 

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, wrestlevessel said:

Oh I want Eagles losing out too but I don't want to see Giants being dominant long term and getting more Super Bowls. WFAN is all over their jock. 

Easy there fella, they are friggin 5-7 with 4 of those wins in the NFC east plus the Bengals backup qb.  Dexter Lawrence is definitely leading a unit on the rise, but like I said before they have yet to establish a true pass rusher (Leonard Williams as a 10 sack man is almost certainly an anomaly).  The have the making of a decent offense but nobody is calling Jones elite or trusting Engram & Sheppard to be full time stars.  The o-line is "fixed", but only a guard projects as a long term star.

Considering they are in the 3rd yr of the rebuild they aren't actually that scary yet.

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

Easy there fella, they are friggin 5-7 with 4 of those wins in the NFC east plus the Bengals backup qb.  Dexter Lawrence is definitely leading a unit on the rise, but like I said before they have yet to establish a true pass rusher (Leonard Williams as a 10 sack man is almost certainly an anomaly).  The have the making of a decent offense but nobody is calling Jones elite or trusting Engram & Sheppard to be full time stars.  The o-line is "fixed", but only a guard projects as a long term star.

Considering they are in the 3rd yr of the rebuild they aren't actually that scary yet.

We got Williams and Tomlinson and Dex on the DL. All rated top 20 DLs league wide. The only issue will be signing all three, but that's a potentially dominate group for years to come. We need another OLB on the opposite side of Carter (IR). All of these rookies that are playing well will serve as nice depth. 

The OL has three rookies starting and one first time starter in Gates at Center. All 4 have the potential to be above average players. People are down on Thomas after a rough start, but he's been really good recently and very well could end up being a star. 

Engram blows. 

Shep is a dominate slot receiver, but is miscast on the outside. Slayton will be a great #2 on the outside. The Giants need a true #1. 

Everything rides on Jones. If becomes a top 10 starter is lights out for the rest of the division. If not, we'll all be bunched together. 

19 hours ago, wrestlevessel said:

No one is scared of them except me?

No. You're the one who is assigned to be overly obsessed with them.

1 hour ago, wrestlevessel said:

I'm going to give you some free advice, but I must ask you not share this with anyone. This is just for your eyes only.

You can change the station.

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

That was the worst performance from an O-Line in the NFC east this year and that's saying alot.

I'm pretty sure the Cowboys and Eagles had games with similar results from their OL, but yes, that was pathetic. 

The Giants just lost the division (honestly not the end of the world) and 100% of the blame goes to the offense and special teams. The defense played great again. We need to fire Garrett and find a true #1 WR. People are wondering why Jones struggled yesterday, we'll first off he is still hurt so he couldn't run. Second the OL was terrible and third Giants WRs created the least amount of separation of any WR group in the league yesterday. Just a terrible performance all around. 

All that said, I think the WFT is going to be a pretty good representative from the NFC East in the playoffs. If Smith is not hurt bad they might win a few games. That defense is playing great. 

3 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

I'm pretty sure the Cowboys and Eagles had games with similar results from their OL, but yes, that was pathetic. 

The Giants just lost the division (honestly not the end of the world) and 100% of the blame goes to the offense and special teams. The defense played great again. We need to fire Garrett and find a true #1 WR. People are wondering why Jones struggled yesterday, we'll first off he is still hurt so he couldn't run. Second the OL was terrible and third Giants WRs created the least amount of separation of any WR group in the league yesterday. Just a terrible performance all around. 

All that said, I think the WFT is going to be a pretty good representative from the NFC East in the playoffs. If Smith is not hurt bad they might win a few games. That defense is playing great. 

No that's exactly why i said it.  eagles and Pokes have had some miserable games for the OLine but that was easily the worst of all.  They were getting wrecked on every play all game.  Jones didn't have a chance against a pretty average D.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2020 at 6:37 AM, dawkins4prez said:

Yes it is kinda weak.  But the cream is rising to the top and by that i mean a drew bress led saints and aaron rogers led packers.   I just cant see goff outplaying either for a title.  

However....   the rams d can rise up to the level of the talent they have (ramsey and donald) then all bets are off

What the rams need is a young bdawk type defensive leader and they could special.  Or a ray lewis type leader.  Just saying they are missing a certain swagger there. They got the shut down corner.  They got the best dr in the league. Yet they never dominate the game