Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

1 minute ago, kentwo said:

The dude completed just 12 passes.

Take away the 91 yard play and he had less than 100 yards passing.

Stats aren‘t everything. That Reagor ‚TD‘ alone should‘ve made that very different.

Want another big stat: Zero Turnovers.

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Against a beat up 49rs secondary he should have been able to complete more than one deep pass.

If he's pulling the ball down and running all the time, that means that he's not seeing the field.

30 minutes ago, ilikepargo said:

Against a beat up 49rs secondary he should have been able to complete more than one deep pass.

If he's pulling the ball down and running all the time, that means that he's not seeing the field.

It's really hard to argue that. I'm a big Hurts guy, I think he's a fantastic young man and he's got talent. But yeah he's got to do a better job of seeing the field and he simply didn't do that yesterday. He's also got to do a better job of releasing the ball earlier on those deep routes.

On 9/18/2021 at 6:03 PM, EazyEaglez said:

Just some arbitrary BS put up by people who want to keep a tired old argument around that is based in racism. 

So now that Hurts played poorly are @Bwestbrook36 and I no longer racist ??

12 hours ago, downundermike said:

He didn‘t play poorly, and you are still wrong. Time will tell, but I still expect Hurts to shut you guys up for good.

Another "meh" performance on Sunday.   Hurts is a good kid with some solid leadership skills, but he lacks the requisite physical skills to put us into the conversation as a top team.  Every week helps develop the blueprint against him. Wait and see, I guess, but he has a very winnable prime time game right in front of him.

13 hours ago, downundermike said:

Say what?!  You are a racist if you don't believe Hurts can get it done?!  Whoa.  That's taking it way over the top.

This was a much harder D than Falcons.   Let him grow guys.  Last weeks big criticism was "He needs to go down field more, to many quick to short passes".   So in this game, it was Bombs away.  Bombs everywhere.  Including the Biggest Eagles Bomb in 10 years.  Biggest Pass of the season with that 91 yard bomb.   Also the Jalen to Jalen was a nice little bomb too.  He lead in rushing as well.  So after this game it's "He needs to hit the middle more".  You know what, I agree that was missing this game.  We needed more TE shots and in the middle.  But that's more of a game plan issue.  Give San Fran's D credit.  They brought it.  Jalen adjusted this game and took again what the Defense gave and got the yards when he could.  We were in the redzone how many times?  It's not the end of the world. It's his 6th start and very early in a long season.   He's still growing.   I'm excited to see what he does on his back to back trip to Dallas which was his 3rd Start last year.     

I find it absolutely AMAZING that last year the same people writing off Jalen Hurts after Sunday are the same people giving Carson a million excuses last year. 

We should be 2-0 had the head coach not outcoached himself. Give me the guy that can keep me in games opposed to the guy in Indy hurt yet again behind one of the better lines in football. 

32 minutes ago, KINGnabb said:

Including the Biggest Eagles Bomb in 10 years.  Biggest Pass of the season with that 91 yard bomb.  

Did you watch the game or just look at the stat sheet. The pass was around 40 yards, the rest was run after catch.

45 minutes ago, MagicMoment said:

I find it absolutely AMAZING that last year the same people writing off Jalen Hurts after Sunday are the same people giving Carson a million excuses last year. 

We should be 2-0 had the head coach not outcoached himself. Give me the guy that can keep me in games opposed to the guy in Indy hurt yet again behind one of the better lines in football. 

You watch any of the Colts games this year ??  If you had, you would see that the Colts line is  dealing with a ton of injuries and playing like hot garbage.

46 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Wow, Hurts has a bad game and his band wagon ran away and hid with the quickness.

Was a decent game, and I am not surprised. The reactions are based on one thing, and one thing only: win-loss.

Hardly anyone around here is able to come to his own conclusions. So much easier to join the ****-beats trashing the team.

55 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Wow, Hurts has a bad game and his band wagon ran away and hid with the quickness.

Still can't read the middle of the field, still under throwing guys from lack of arm strength.

You know who can read the middle of the field? 

9 minutes ago, Infam said:

Was a decent game, and I am not surprised. The reactions are based on one thing, and one thing only: win-loss.   FALSE

Hardly anyone around here is able to come to his own conclusions. So much easier to join the ****-beats trashing the team.

The reaction is based on completing just over 50% of his passes.  The reaction is based on completing 5 passes in quarters 2 through 4.  

Just now, downundermike said:

The reaction is based on completing just over 50% of his passes.  The reaction is based on completing 5 passes in quarters 2 through 4.  

Basing it on completion percentage may be even more stupid.. 😁

2 minutes ago, Infam said:

Basing it on completion percentage may be even more stupid.. 😁

Tell me what he did well.  Minus the throw to Watkins, he played poorly all day.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Tell me what he did well.  Minus the throw to Watkins, he played poorly all day.

Sure. If you turn off your TV for 75% of the game maybe. 🥱

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

So tell me all the things he did well.

How about you promise to yourself not to be biased as F and turn on the highlights again. You‘d have to be real blind to keep up that standpoint.

How about you promise to yourself not to be biased as F and turn on the highlights again. You‘d have to be real blind to keep up that standpoint.

I watched the game live, and know what I saw.

If he did so many good things, why am I having to ask for the 3rd time for you to tell me what he did well ???

23 minutes ago, Infam said:

Was a decent game, and I am not surprised. The reactions are based on one thing, and one thing only: win-loss.

I wish people could call it like it is.  

Week 1, Hurts' throws had an extremely low degree of difficulty.  But he did what was asked of him and had a great game.  Even though I have a low opinion of him, I can say he had a great game.

Week 2, he was not even in the universe of having a decent game.  He completely limited what kind of offense they could run.

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I watched the game live, and know what I saw.

If he did so many good things, why am I having to ask for the 3rd time for you to tell me what he did well ???

I‘m on a train, and can‘t be bothered to make a complete list of something that should be obvious to everyone.

But fine, out of the top of my head:

-The other pass to Watkins

-The non-TD pass to Reagor

-The laser to Goedert

Happy?

I‘m on a train, and can‘t be bothered to make a complete list of something that should be obvious to everyone.

But fine, out of the top of my head:

-The other pass to Watkins

-The non-TD pass to Reagor

-The laser to Goedert

Happy?

3 points until garbage time.  No, none of us are happy.

Archived