Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

"Mel Kiper Jr., an NFL Draft "expert,” had this to say about Black quarterback Lamar Jackson entering the 2018 NFL Draft: "It’s the accuracy throwing the football. Finished career around 57 percent.” But in the same draft coverage cycle said this about white quarterback Josh Allen’s 56.2% completion percentage, "Stats are for losers in my opinion. The guy won.” Is this a fair and equal standard these players are being held to? Why the difference?”

https://ndsmcobserver.com/2021/04/systemic-bias-against-the-black-nfl-quarterback/

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeeze you would have thought Hurts played like Zach Wilson, the washers boy, or something and thrown 4 picks?

41 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Nope, it is proven that running QB's are inferior passers.  That is just a fact.  That fact also applies to Johnny Manziel.

There’s no fact behind your BS. How about you actually show these so called "facts.” You do a lot of typing about this yet bring squat to the table. 

On 9/21/2021 at 2:54 PM, eagle45 said:

You are correct.  I am biased as F against him.  I am biased against him because I am biased against short, poor passers who do not function in the pocket and try to build their game around the threat of running.  I do not want that type of QB running my offense.

You like a Brock Osweiler type of QB. 

59 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

So you have nothing.  Got it.  You are so weak and soft that when someone disagrees with you about a player, you pull the race card.  Cool.  Real mature and intelligent.  

No I just don’t have time to repost the same old stuff to people who are too lazy to do their own scrolling and read for themselves. 

Russell Wilson avg rush yards per game 31.0

Jalen Hurts avg rush yards per game  29.3

Steve Young avg rush yards per game 25.1

Keep up with the b.s. narrative though fellows. 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Too lazy  :roll:

Yes, I am going to go through 125 pages to pick out the racists in the crowd.  You are a weak and soft person.  You should ask Justice where the safe space is.  

My bad then you’re not lazy. Just stupid. 

35 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

"Mel Kiper Jr., an NFL Draft "expert,” had this to say about Black quarterback Lamar Jackson entering the 2018 NFL Draft: "It’s the accuracy throwing the football. Finished career around 57 percent.” But in the same draft coverage cycle said this about white quarterback Josh Allen’s 56.2% completion percentage, "Stats are for losers in my opinion. The guy won.” Is this a fair and equal standard these players are being held to? Why the difference?”

https://ndsmcobserver.com/2021/04/systemic-bias-against-the-black-nfl-quarterback/

Who is the far superior NFL passer ??

14 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Who is the far superior NFL passer ??

Still not posting anything other than questions. No facts. I thought I asked you for a few things. Still yet to deliver. 

5 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Still not posting anything other than questions. No facts. I thought I asked you for a few things. Still yet to deliver. 

Fact.  Josh Allen is the far superior NFL passer, Lamar Jackson is a runner.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

5C90FBC8-8BDB-4A29-8264-944F1CED9A6E.thumb.jpeg.5c9054cac50c855bc9e90935661ea69a.jpeg
I don’t think you know what the word "superior” means. Try again. 

9 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

5C90FBC8-8BDB-4A29-8264-944F1CED9A6E.thumb.jpeg.5c9054cac50c855bc9e90935661ea69a.jpeg
I don’t think you know what the word "superior” means. Try again. 

Watch them throw the ball, and by the time their careers are over, as Allen continues his yearly improvement, their will not be a comparison.  If Lamar Jackson plays a full career.  Always one play away from being hurt.

Just now, downundermike said:

Watch them throw the ball, and by the time their careers are over, as Allen continues his yearly improvement, their will not be a comparison.  If Lamar Jackson plays a full career.  Always one play away from being hurt.

None of this you wrote is fact. You assume this dude in one play from being hurt. What about you boy Wentz. He’s not some running quarterback per se and he’s always friggin hurt. That isn’t a fact. It’s an assumption. On top of that you claimed an absolute false statement. How about you man up and admit it for once.

13 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I will give credit to Jackson they said he has worked tirelessly to become a better passer from the pocket. 

That only supports the argument though. That the coaches and Jackson made it a point to get better from the pocket and not rely so much on his running ability. I actually think that was one of the things he has to improve on before the Ravens. Will give him a new deal

36 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

This is...not even close to being accurate.

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I will give credit to Jackson they said he has worked tirelessly to become a better passer from the pocket. 

That only supports the argument though. That the coaches and Jackson made it a point to get better from the pocket and not rely so much on his running ability. I actually think that was one of the things he has to improve on before the Ravens. Will give him a new deal

That’s overall him being a better football player. He certainly could improve in that area, but that doesn’t mean he will stop using his legs or that his legs are a liability like these people are attempting to make it out to be. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

6352C0F7-9B3A-4310-BAEF-0E6BEB58FB90.jpeg

B294B707-A1DF-492C-81AE-DAAEF78EF515.jpeg

6773EA37-1149-4D53-A0A8-EE09F49EDE41.jpeg

You're looking at the wrong stats. Or rather, using that stats incorrectly. 

Hurts rushing average is factoring in all of the games in which he's been active, so 17. Many of those games he didn't even take a snap or at most just one or two.

As a starter (6 games) he averages 69.3 rushing yards per game. 

50 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

That is being intellectually dishonest and you know it.  That is taking the 8 games when he had 1 or 2 carries and calculating it for the entire game.  Over 8 games before he started, he had 12 carries for 53 yards, seriously skewing that stat.

Now lets talk about the yards per game when he started.  416 yards, divided by 6 games equals 69.3 yards per game.  If you want to be more accurate, he did not finish the Washington game, it is 74.3 yards per game.  3 times as many yards as Young, and more than double Wilson.

Gotcha covered @Swoop

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

That is being intellectually dishonest and you know it.  That is taking the 8 games when he had 1 or 2 carries and calculating it for the entire game.  Over 8 games before he started, he had 12 carries for 53 yards, seriously skewing that stat.

Now lets talk about the yards per game when he started.  416 yards, divided by 6 games equals 69.3 yards per game.  If you want to be more accurate, he did not finish the Washington game, it is 74.3 yards per game.  3 times as many yards as Young, and more than double Wilson.

Gotcha covered @Swoop

Too late!

But thank you lol

On 9/21/2021 at 2:00 PM, Godfather said:

Still can't read the middle of the field, still under throwing guys from lack of arm strength.

You know who can read the middle of the field? 

EMB Minshew funny.gif

10 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Too late!

But thank you lol

If you really want to be technical then what you have to do is throw any yards taken out of non starts for Jalen Hurts and compare only the rush numbers of each players first 6 professional starts. By the way Steve Young’s professional start was USFL games. I can’t wait to see your results. 

12 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Gotcha covered @Swoop

Are you ever going to show any of your "facts” or do you just piggy back off things I post? 😂🤣😂

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Are you ever going to show any of your "facts” or do you just piggy back off things I post? 

I just provided you a ton of facts.  Hurts is a running QB and Steve Young and Russell Wilson are not.  

As I just showed, Hurts has 3 x as many rushing yards per game as Young, and more than 2x as many as Wilson.

What facts would you like next.

8 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

If you really want to be technical then what you have to do is throw any yards taken out of non starts for Jalen Hurts and compare only the rush numbers of each players first 6 professional starts. By the way Steve Young’s professional start was USFL games. I can’t wait to see your results. 

Are you ever going to show any of your "facts” or do you just piggy back off things I post? 😂🤣😂

As a starter, Jalen Hurts in his 6 games has rushed for 416 yards. In his entire rookie season (all 16 games) Wilson ran for 489. His first six, he ran 109 yards.

Steve Young ran for 257 in his first 6 starts.

Archived