Big PAY Slay

ToDie4Eagles

Nice to see this scrub laughing and smiling on the sidelines while sitting on the bench after getting embarrassed 2 straight weeks in a row. 

Nnamdi 2.0.

in before "iT's ScHwArTz's ScHeMe!!!!1"

• Like 1

Please post all the CBs who have stopped Metcalf and Adams. Did he play great? No but he's still one of the better corners in the league.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ToDie4Eagles said:

Nice to see this scrub laughing and smiling on the sidelines while sitting on the bench after getting embarrassed 2 straight weeks in a row. 

Nnamdi 2.0.

in before "iT's ScHwArTz's ScHeMe!!!!1"

I think he will be fine. He did have a couple of hard games. Speaking of Nnamdi. Did you check out the trailer of the new holiday movie.

Brother has moved on up in life.. 🙂

• Haha 1

I think it was just Adams and DK are on another level

He'll also have to deal with Thomas, Fitz, and then Cooper in the next 3 games too

Teams haven't been scared to throw at him though.

Is he worth the $50M contract they gave him that has $30M guaranteed? He made some nice plays in the beginning of the season. He played through some hard hits. My problem was always his age

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, manz2821 said:

I think he will be fine. He did have a couple of hard games. Speaking of Nnamdi. Did you check out the trailer of the new holiday movie.

Is Victor Cruz the antagonist in the movie?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Not down on Slay but they really need to try to move him this upcoming offseason.  By the time this team is competitive again he’ll be toast.  Unload the salary and get some draft picks in return.  

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

He'll also have to deal with Thomas, Fitz, and then Cooper in the next 3 games too

Is he worth the $50M contract they gave him that has $30M guaranteed? He made some nice plays in the beginning of the season. He played through some hard hits. My problem was always his age

Bradberry held DK to 80 yards today and we could’ve signed Bradberry without having to give up a 3rd and a 5th. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Fitz? Nah, it's Hopkins who gonna give him business if Slay is able to play. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Heavywchamp said:

Fitz? Nah, it's Hopkins who gonna give him business if Slay is able to play. 

I actually forgot about him being there too. Damn. Secondary is going to get taken behind the woodshed

• Haha 1

Slay was never a shutdown corner. Those are extremely rare. What's telling is how bad Schwartz's defense makes corners look.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, manz2821 said:

So that was what he was doing in his car during lunch breaks. Taking online acting classes? Impressive.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Ummm , a scrub named deandre d-hops 😎 is waiting & has his grocery deli number waiting to be called

• Like 1

If he was that great, he'd still be in Detroit. He is a good, but not great CB and he's getting older. Temper expectations to reality. Elite WR's will beat him more than he beats them.

• Like 1

Slay was a top 10 corner in this league but age and injuries have caught up to him.

He’s still very good though and even though he is giving up yards, it’s letting Schwartz take away other options. That Seahawks game in particular, the Eagles did enough to win but the O stunk it up.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Slay was a top 10 corner in this league but age and injuries have caught up to him.

He’s still very good though and even though he is giving up yards, it’s letting Schwartz take away other options. That Seahawks game in particular, the Eagles did enough to win but the O stunk it up.

Letting Schwartz take other options away by letting the opposing offense score points through their main threat isn't a winning strategy chief.

It's like a boxer getting knocked out cold by an opponents signature right cross and then crowing in the post fight interview that you stopped him using his left hand.

• Like 2

The fact that above average Slay is head and shoulders above all other CB's on this team is another reason to fire Howie Roseman.

9 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

If he can't handle those three add another horrible move to Howie's growing list.  

• Like 1

Father Time is simply undefeated. DK Metcalf...I am sorry but show me a corner in the league that has completely shut that man down. His age has caught up with him and the injuries but he is still one of the better corners in the league....

I say it again, gym shorts' entire scheme makes the entire secondary look even worse than they are.....Mills and Maddox dont even belong in the league but Slay has played through some injuries....

Slay is not the issue. Jim Schwartz is. How many CBs have they tried in this defense, and none have performed well? That’s on the scheme. All you have to do is look at Rasul Douglas season, he’s playing very well as a starter yet couldn’t even make this team? Really?

Jim Schwartz defense causes any CB to be abused. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Father Time is simply undefeated. DK Metcalf...I am sorry but show me a corner in the league that has completely shut that man down. His age has caught up with him and the injuries but he is still one of the better corners in the league....

I say it again, gym shorts' entire scheme makes the entire secondary look even worse than they are.....Mills and Maddox dont even belong in the league but Slay has played through some injuries....

13 minutes ago, nipples said:

Slay is not the issue. Jim Schwartz is. How many CBs have they tried in this defense, and none have performed well? That’s on the scheme. All you have to do is look at Rasul Douglas season, he’s playing very well as a starter yet couldn’t even make this team? Really?

Jim Schwartz defense causes any CB to be abused. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/8-reasons-eagles-2020-defense-has-been-better-you-think

Read this. And also consider over the past 5 years the Eagles have used 1 first rounder 1 second rounder and 0 actual 3rd rounders (Douglas and Taylor were compensatory picks) on the D.

Schwartz will probably leave as you wish, but don’t be surprised if the D goes from pretty good to awful.

Slay is a baller. He's the least of this team's worries.

Howie got a big reprieve after the Super Bowl, but the Eagles' glaring weakness is Howie Roseman. He has burned this team to the ground. 

• Like 1

How can anyone complain about Slay? At least when he gets abused it's by the other team's number one receiver. Avonte Maddox is consistently yards behind whichever lesser receiver he's supposed to be covering. 

• Like 2