Apparently, there's a rumor that Doug could get fired this week for benching Wentz

gameshowfan91

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

So who needs to be benched now to get Howie fired??

Peters? Alshon?

Peters should be cut, as long as he's on the roster Doug will be tempted to put him out there to embarass himself some more.

• Like 1

Lurie is going to make major changes but he will wait until after this pathetic season. Howie, Schwartz and Doug will be gone is my prediction.

27 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Peters? Alshon?

Also stop activating Whiteside

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mr_Philly said:

Lurie is going to make major changes but he will wait until after this pathetic season. Howie, Schwartz and Doug will be gone is my prediction.

That would be awesome, but I don’t see all three. Schwartz for sure. It’s easy enough not to re-sign him, but I fear we’re stuck with Howie for at least another year. 

6 hours ago, phil77 said:

"Hurts played better in the second half than Wentz did all season"  -  Laughable and false.  

Please explain this statement.

If not for 2 phantom penalties Hurts would have led the team to 3 scoring drives in a little over a quarter. What have you seen this year from Wentz that was similar?

2 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

That would be awesome, but I don’t see all three. Schwartz for sure. It’s easy enough not to re-sign him, but I fear we’re stuck with Howie for at least another year. 

Like you said Schwartz is definitely gone because they didn’t renew his contract but the key to any hope is removing Howie, I am okay with the new GM deciding Dougs fate. Lurie  is not stupid, he is watching and closer to the crap show than we are, changes will come but he will wait until seasons end.

Now, if Lurie starts blaming injuries, COVID and other excuses we are done.

• Like 1

Benching Wentz was 100% the right move. The only bad decision was not doing it a couple weeks ago. 

56 minutes ago, Mr_Philly said:

Like you said Schwartz is definitely gone because they didn’t renew his contract but the key to any hope is removing Howie, I am okay with the new GM deciding Dougs fate. Lurie  is not stupid, he is watching and closer to the crap show than we are, changes will come but he will wait until seasons end.

Now, if Lurie starts blaming injuries, COVID and other excuses we are done.

I agree, but I have concerns that COVID and injuries will be his reasoning. 

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

So who needs to be benched now to get Howie fired??

Amen to that buddy! Anything that gets that guy fired is good by me.

Doug won't be fired for benching Wentz. And if he is then he was going to be fired anyway because he was going to be fired if he stuck with Wentz.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, greend said:

Hopefully the benching has the same effect on him that it had on McNabb years ago. It's to little too late now though

You mean lead to him getting traded in favor of a lesser prospect and seeing a head coach lose his team in the process and eventually get fired soon after and replaced with a worse coach that alienates the few star players that remain? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SBorBust said:

If not for 2 phantom penalties Hurts would have led the team to 3 scoring drives in a little over a quarter. What have you seen this year from Wentz that was similar?

Wait wait wait. Are you crediting a PUNT RETURN touchdown to Hurts? Lmfao. Here's what happened. Hurts made a nice garbage time prevent D TD Good on him. Then Reagor had his return. That made the Packers get serious again and Hurts was shut down at that point. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

You mean lead to him getting traded in favor of a lesser prospect and seeing a head coach lose his team in the process and eventually get fired soon after and replaced with a worse coach that alienates the few star players that remain? 

That eventually leads to a rethink within the organisation and a different approach that leads to a SB. I look forward to 2023/2024.

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That eventually leads to a rethink within the organisation and a different approach that leads to a SB. I look forward to 2023/2024.

It took 52 tries for everything to fall in place and go the Eagles' way in a season ... You think drastic change is going to magically bring that about? 

5 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

It took 52 tries for everything to fall in place and go the Eagles' way in a season ... You think drastic change is going to magically bring that about? 

Dude it was a joke. 

31 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Do you think that's what I mean?

2 hours ago, SBorBust said:

You know it's funny how when people are trying to justify their player how these excuses creep in. "If not for 2 phantom penalties ". That said Hurts played okay. He did a decent job against the starters in garbage time. But that's not bad for a rook.

He also had to do a lot with his feet which I'm not sure Wentz can do anymore. 

Just now, greend said:

Do you think that's what I mean?

We absolutely backed into that wild card game thanks to a lot of other teams after we continued to screw the pooch when our fate was in our hands that season. Acting like the McNabb benching was the key turn around moment, is misleading. All it did was shake the foundation of the QB / HC relationship moving forward and led to their parting after 1 more season. There is no example of a franchise QB benching that leads to future success of the franchise, that QB and that HC. 

Just now, brkmsn said:

We absolutely backed into that wild card game thanks to a lot of other teams after we continued to screw the pooch when our fate was in our hands that season. Acting like the McNabb benching was the key turn around moment, is misleading. All it did was shake the foundation of the QB / HC relationship moving forward and led to their parting after 1 more season. There is no example of a franchise QB benching that leads to future success of the franchise, that QB and that HC. 

He played much better the following week. And that's what I meant.

33 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Wait wait wait. Are you crediting a PUNT RETURN touchdown to Hurts? Lmfao. Here's what happened. Hurts made a nice garbage time prevent D TD Good on him. Then Reagor had his return. That made the Packers get serious again and Hurts was shut down at that point. 

Phantom penalties on Seumalo and Jeffery, I'm guessing. They were.

And no, I don't think Hurts is the answer as he looked like a steaming pile any time he played any semblance of a defense in college.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Phantom penalties on Seumalo and Jeffery, I'm guessing. They were.

And no, I don't think Hurts is the answer as he looked like a steaming pile any time he played any semblance of a defense in college.

Yep. There's a reason why Saban benched him in middle of national championship.

7 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Yep. There's a reason why Saban benched him in middle of national championship.

Yeah, and Wentz played against FCS competition throughout his college career, so what’s your point? 

DP fired for what? One week ago, the owner is telling the media he wants Hurts to play if Wentz is playing poorly. Down 14-3 at halftime, the Eagles hadn't moved the ball since the opening drive, goes 3-and-out on the first possession of the 2nd half... That's the perfect time to insert Hurts. Btw, Hurts looked fine against the Prevent defense. When the game got tight, the Packers went back into straight defense and forced him into mistakes.

I do not think DP should be fired for one awful season, in a crazy COVID year where they were hamstrung by injuries from the start. They should put him on notice.

5 minutes ago, nipples said:

Yeah, and Wentz played against FCS competition throughout his college career, so what’s your point? 

Was he benched by the GOAT coach in the middle of a Championship? Hurts had one of the most talented all time teams in college. Couldn't get the job done.