The good, the bad and the ugly: Week 13 at Packers

e-a-g-l-e-s eagles!

38 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Doug has dug a ditch right next to Carson and Howie though Howie’s ditch is probably the biggest of them all. 

Honestly if we ask every Eagles fan who has the most, it probably will be howie overwhelmingly. For the most part we aren’t a stupid fan base. we understand you cannot continuously do as bad as the Eagles have in the draft and have sustainable success. It is just not feasible long term. You can only build your foundation through free agency for so long until you have to pay the piper. At some point in time that day was coming. The fact that the Eagles continue to build that way was faulty thinking. It caught up to them but it was leaking oil for the past couple years. It just full on exploded this year. 

As much as I like a good free agent signing I would easily take great drafting over lackluster and ho-hum free agency. You can survive with just building the fringes of your team and back ups through free agency if you are good at the draft. Frankly that’s what you want to do. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Honestly if we ask every Eagles fan who has the most, it probably will be howie overwhelmingly. For the most part we aren’t a stupid fan base. we understand you cannot continuously do as bad as the Eagles have in the draft and have sustainable success. It is just not feasible long term. You can only build your foundation through free agency for so long until you have to pay the piper. At some point in time that day was coming. The fact that the Eagles continue to build that way was faulty thinking. It caught up to them but it was leaking oil for the past couple years. It just full on exploded this year. 

As much as I like a good free agent signing I would easily take great drafting over lackluster and ho-hum free agency. You can survive with just building the fringes of your team and back ups through free agency if you are good at the draft. Frankly that’s what you want to do. 

Totally agree. Eagle fans are probably the most knowledgeable fans in the NFL. We’re not blissfully clueless like a Rams fan or a Chargers fan. Everyone knows Howie is problem #1 except Lurie. 

It’s always been the consensus that once you find a franchise QB you have to win a SB with him while he’s still on a rookie contract because it gets much harder after he gets paid. Obviously, there’s exceptions but in this day and age where an average QB makes $30m a year it’s becoming more and more true. Those teams that still have success after paying their QB are great at recognizing talent and drafting good players. I think for years Howie hid his poor drafts by signing free agents. Now, his poor drafting stands out like a sore thumb since he doesn’t have an extra $20-$25m to spend on free agents because of Wentz’s huge contract. 

• Like 3

On 12/7/2020 at 6:59 PM, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

You watch a team like the Steelers that never change coaches, never go too deep in the free agent pool, and are willing to let free agents just walk out the door, but still find ways to be competitive. They build their team through the draft and find players off the scrap heap and make something out of them. Over the years they have also had a strong respect for linebackers and the run game. They also find wide receivers all over the draft. Howie is the main problem here. He is not providing this team with enough home grown talent. The last all pro level defensive player drafted by the Eagles is Fletcher Cox. That’s just sad. Then this team walks away from Jordan Hicks and now he’s out in the desert getting 150 tackles while our linebackers look like knock around guys. This team is littered with undrafted free agents and overpaid older vets that should have been replaced three seasons ago. Just too many mistakes by Howie. It’s time for him to go. 

• Like 1

On 12/9/2020 at 7:44 AM, EazyEaglez said:

You watch a team like the Steelers that never change coaches, never go too deep in the free agent pool, and are willing to let free agents just walk out the door, but still find ways to be competitive. They build their team through the draft and find players off the scrap heap and make something out of them. Over the years they have also had a strong respect for linebackers and the run game. They also find wide receivers all over the draft. Howie is the main problem here. He is not providing this team with enough home grown talent. The last all pro level defensive player drafted by the Eagles is Fletcher Cox. That’s just sad. Then this team walks away from Jordan Hicks and now he’s out in the desert getting 150 tackles while our linebackers look like knock around guys. This team is littered with undrafted free agents and overpaid older vets that should have been replaced three seasons ago. Just too many mistakes by Howie. It’s time for him to go. 

I know by now I sound like a broken record but for a long time our defense was at the top tier in the league every year. We were feared and very well known for our defense....

It's time for Howie to go. I like the example you gave here...I was just thinking that although I despise the cowgirls, they always seem to draft well when it comes to receivers.....

Its past time for Howie to go....

• Like 1