Why All The Negativity?

BGDutchNorris

Let the media and fair weather fans tell it, us Eagles fans should just stop watching. The whole team is doomed for the next few years and nobody has any idea on how to fix it and those that do have no say so. So defeatist everyone is. 

Do you really feel there’s little to no chance of improvement? If so, why would you keep watching? 

If Howie is still here, I see little chance for improvement. I believe we’re 2 years beyond his firing from competing for anything of significance. 

I’ll keep watching because I’m a fan. 

• Like 4

This whole Message Board would explode with happiness if Howie was fired tomorrow. It would be better then winning the division. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

This whole Message Board would explode with happiness if Howie was fired tomorrow. It would be better then winning the division. 

That's why I'm positive. All I want for Christmas is Howie gone and we sitting on the 3rd pick( come on cincy) and have Sewell or Chase to pick from. If Howie will be there we will pick an undersized project DE and that would suck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, BGDutchNorris said:

Let the media and fair weather fans tell it, us Eagles fans should just stop watching. The whole team is doomed for the next few years and nobody has any idea on how to fix it and those that do have no say so. So defeatist everyone is. 

Do you really feel there’s little to no chance of improvement? If so, why would you keep watching? 

While I agree that Philly fans and media are usually overly negative, this is not one of those situations. Let me just run down the list of concerns.

1. They are going to be something like 50-60 million OVER the cap next season

2. Howie Roseman can't draft

3. Doug Pederson looks like he forgot how to coach and specially his play calling has been horrendous

4. The QB has been THE worst starter in the league this year and looks mentally and physically broken

5. If they wanted to cut the QB it would be a dead cap hit of 60 million so that's off the table

6. If they could even find a taker in a trade for the QB it will be a 35 million dead cap hit

7. There is very little young talent on the team to be excited about

8. They will end up with a top 10 possibly top 5 pick, however see the 2nd point

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

I don't even want the guy fired. I just want him sticking to front office stuff, and let DP coach and be responsible for football operations. Sadly DP was hired to be a puppet. 

9 minutes ago, JohnB said:

I don't even want the guy fired. I just want him sticking to front office stuff, and let DP coach and be responsible for football operations. Sadly DP was hired to be a puppet. 

What front office stuff?  He always seemed to be a magician with the cap, but I think his backloading and signing older players has finally backfired.  As for Doug.......are you saying you want him to be in charge of drafting players too?  Before they start handing Doug more responsibilities, maybe he should stop play calling and focus on actually coaching his team.  

I watch to see how bad it has to be before Howie is given the axe and is gone from the franchise forever.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wrestlevessel said:

We have to root for Hurts to fail. Maybe that will get Howie fired?

No, we have to root for Hurts to look great and for the defense to collapse. Finishing 3-12-1 should get Howie fired, but at least if Hurts plays great we may already have our answer at QB for when a new GM and possibly head coach are here. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JohnB said:

I just want him gone. He just kicked the can down the road and now the team is paying the price for that. If they keep him around in any capacity, I’m afraid he’ll weasel his way back into some type of decision maker. No thanks. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’m watching to see what Hurts can do.

Hurts, Reagor, Sanders, Dallas, Scott,  and whether Fugem rebounds is who I'll be watching for the rest of the year. No one on defense brings me joy.

• Like 1

Howie isn't getting fired. He's like a son to Lurie. He will say "2020 was a lost season" etc etc. "We just won a SB with Howie at the helm less than three years ago" etc. Etc.

The best we can hope for probably is losing control of the draft.

3 hours ago, nipples said:

No, we have to root for Hurts to look great and for the defense to collapse. Finishing 3-12-1 should get Howie fired, but at least if Hurts plays great we may already have our answer at QB for when a new GM and possibly head coach are here. 

17 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Howie isn't getting fired. He's like a son to Lurie. He will say "2020 was a lost season" etc etc. "We just won a SB with Howie at the helm less than three years ago" etc. Etc.

If Hurts looks great, then there is very little chance of Howie being fired

48 minutes ago, judunno said:

Hurts, Reagor, Sanders, Dallas, Scott,  and whether Fugem rebounds is who I'll be watching for the rest of the year. No one on defense brings me joy.

Had enough of Jeffery. Would rather see JJAW than him. 

46 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Why you gotta crush my dreams like that? Howie is by far the number one problem with this team.

Sure this team can be fixed. It starts with the O Line. Fix that and the team will improve vastly.  

19 hours ago, BGDutchNorris said:

New person asking why you should watch a losing team. Just saying...

image.jpeg.9c53a327e2fa4044917baa9c54a922fc.jpegimage.jpeg.600c97e139ee0cc78eca4507658dc174.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uscg-green said:

Again if most people feel it’s Howie who’s the issue but most people also feel Howie isn’t leaving because he’s too close to Lurie, then what the F are we doing here? I have better things to do than line the pockets of idiots. 

11 hours ago, hputenis said:

What front office stuff?  He always seemed to be a magician with the cap, but I think his backloading and signing older players has finally backfired.  As for Doug.......are you saying you want him to be in charge of drafting players too?  Before they start handing Doug more responsibilities, maybe he should stop play calling and focus on actually coaching his team.  

Howie is like the crooks in the Home Alone Movies- always trying to find a way back in, disaster after disaster. Try to keep him in "just the front office", and he will continually try to get back into football guy stuff, like personnel decisions. He has to hit the road.

• Like 1

In philly, when things go bad..... Everything is bad, no players are worth anything, the QB, HC, GM all suck and should be fired and there is no hope for the future.  

When things go well......it's only because the opponent sucked, the eagles got lucky, or they didn't win "pretty" enough.

With philly fans, none of the eagles players have much trade value...they whine that the GM can't draft, but want to lose to get a higher draft spot or trade guys for draft picks.

With philly sports media, guys should be traded or cut regardless of concerns about the cap, the return, or the need.......or a team can do dozens great things during a game and the one bad play will ALWAYS show up in the article.  Players can have a career game, but some mention of how it wasn't the greatest of all time will be mentioned.  

31 other teams can bypass a player time and time again, but if that player ends up being good, the eagles are the only stupid team out there.

Mike Schmidt is famously quoted "Only in Philly can you have the thrill of victory and the agony of reading about it the next day:"

And finally, phily fans and media have always loved the backup QB.......

• Like 2

On 12/9/2020 at 3:03 PM, birdman#12 said:

In philly, when things go bad..... Everything is bad, no players are worth anything, the QB, HC, GM all suck and should be fired and there is no hope for the future.  

When things go well......it's only because the opponent sucked, the eagles got lucky, or they didn't win "pretty" enough.

With philly fans, none of the eagles players have much trade value...they whine that the GM can't draft, but want to lose to get a higher draft spot or trade guys for draft picks.

With philly sports media, guys should be traded or cut regardless of concerns about the cap, the return, or the need.......or a team can do dozens great things during a game and the one bad play will ALWAYS show up in the article.  Players can have a career game, but some mention of how it wasn't the greatest of all time will be mentioned.  

31 other teams can bypass a player time and time again, but if that player ends up being good, the eagles are the only stupid team out there.

Mike Schmidt is famously quoted "Only in Philly can you have the thrill of victory and the agony of reading about it the next day:"

And finally, phily fans and media have always loved the backup QB.......

Makes me feel like people are suffering and coming back for more every week. If you don’t like how they have been playing, do like me and watch other games or other tv. Way better football being played right now you don’t have to watch they will tell you the score later.