Giants fan coming in peace

Mike713

I'm a Giants fan, but I also like the Eagles too if that makes sense. I have a lot of friends who are Eagles fans. I have a question for you all, do you guys really want to fire Doug Pederson? I know he has the tendency to go for it a lot, but you guys have made the playoffs 3 straight years and won the Super Bowl 3 years ago. I thought Pederson would be a God to Philly for that. 

If you guys should get rid of someone it should be Howie and Wentz. You could trade Wentz to the Colts and get assets for your rebuild. Just my take.

• Like 3

First off, you can't like the Giants AND the Eagles. It's against the law.

Second, I'm fine with a new GM deciding on Doug. He's not without his warts, but I'd be ok with him not working under Howie. 

Third, Howie needs to be kicked to the curb with extreme prejudice.

Fourth, I'm fine with a new GM deciding on Wentz as well.

Fifth, you can't like the Giants AND the Eagles. It's against the law.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

3 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

First off, you can't like the Giants AND the Eagles. 

It’s like saying you like sausage and tuna.  😲

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

13 minutes ago, Mike713 said:

I'm a Giants fan, but I also like the Eagles too if that makes sense. I have a lot of friends who are Eagles fans. I have a question for you all, do you guys really want to fire Doug Pederson? I know he has the tendency to go for it a lot, but you guys have made the playoffs 3 straight years and won the Super Bowl 3 years ago. I thought Pederson would be a God to Philly for that. 

If you guys should get rid of someone it should be Howie and Wentz. You could trade Wentz to the Colts and get assets for your rebuild. Just my take.

Best Doesn T Make Sense GIFs | Gfycat

To answer your question.......yes, I am someone who would like Doug to be fired.  However, if he does come back, he would need to designate all offensive game planning, designs, and play calling to an absolute stud and creative mind.  He has proven he can be a great leader and a coach the team will get behind.  He needs to just focus on that.  

I want Howie gone yesterday.  

I'd like to give Wentz a shot with someone who doesn't call slow developing plays with the worst OL in football 80% of the time.  

• Like 4

Doug had a LOT of help winning that Super Bowl, and I wonder who actually did what that year as far as play calling and scheme (Just glance over at the Colts). If the Eagles could get a respected coach, yes, goodbye Doug. But Howie 1st and foremost. If I had to choose between Howie and Doug, Howie goes and we see how Doug does under a real GM. Schwartz- out the door. Howie, Schwartz, then Doug- in that order. 

6 minutes ago, Big___Al said:

It's just a shame we don't have Sheli to kick around any more.

Those black jerseys the Eagles play in are a curse against the Giants.

Come in peace, leave in pieces.  :chair:

J/K   But you're young and you have your health -  why on Earth would you want to be a Giants fan?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mike713 said:

Those black jerseys the Eagles play in are a curse against the Giants.

You know I have to yank your chain, right, as an Eagles fan? Just be thankful you aren't Santa Claus...

• Haha 1

We squeaked into the playoffs last season because the division was bad

Howie needs to go and I may take a break from football if Lurie doesn't fire him

Doug has done so many incompetent things this season alone. We'll always have 2017

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mortimer said:

Come in peace, leave in pieces.  :chair:

J/K   But you're young and you have your health -  why on Earth would you want to be a Giants fan?

I would ask you the same since the Eagles hadn't won a championship in almost 60 years until 3 years ago.

Just now, Mike030270 said:

We squeaked into the playoffs last season because the division was bad

Howie needs to go and I may take a break from football if Lurie doesn't fire him

Doug has done so many incompetent things this season alone. We'll always have 2017

Eagles o-line getting messed up by injuries has helped ruin Wentz, I also think Wentz is still thinking about Foles winning the Super Bowl and not him, so he might feel added pressure.

1 minute ago, Mike713 said:

I would ask you the same since the Eagles hadn't won a championship in almost 60 years until 3 years ago.

57 years pal.   That's nowhere near 60!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mike713 said:

Annnnnnnnnnd here we go ... 

🍿

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike713 said:

Hi Doug..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Jeep_man said:

Hi Doug..

I'm Mike...

15 minutes ago, Big___Al said:

Did...

True, Engram catches that ball it's a sweep.

3 hours ago, Mike713 said:

Eagles o-line getting messed up by injuries has helped ruin Wentz, I also think Wentz is still thinking about Foles winning the Super Bowl and not him, so he might feel added pressure.

If he's bothered by Foles and now Jalen Hurts then he doesn't have the mental makeup to be this teams franchise QB.

Btw, cousin of a good friend is a Cowboys fan but liked the Eagles, mostly when McNabb was there.  It was weird but I didnt ask questions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Big___Al said:

Did...

Well, I mean they've beaten us 1 game now after how many?

We still own them until they beat us at least 2 straight times.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Doug had a LOT of help winning that Super Bowl, and I wonder who actually did what that year as far as play calling and scheme (Just glance over at the Colts). If the Eagles could get a respected coach, yes, goodbye Doug. But Howie 1st and foremost. If I had to choose between Howie and Doug, Howie goes and we see how Doug does under a real GM. Schwartz- out the door. Howie, Schwartz, then Doug- in that order. 

I'm still irked that Reich wasn't made coach instead of DP. Then again, we might not have won the SB that year. Wouldn't trade the year for anything, but wish we were able to hold on to Reich