Giants fan coming in peace

Mike713

9 hours ago, time2rock said:

It’s like saying you like sausage and tuna.  😲

I like putting my sausage in tuna!!

18 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

Hey! What you and Bill Parcells do on your own time is your business!!

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

Well yeah but you don’t enjoy both tuna and sausage on the menu amirite?  

10 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

First off, you can't like the Giants AND the Eagles. It's against the law.

Second, I'm fine with a new GM deciding on Doug. He's not without his warts, but I'd be ok with him not working under Howie. 

Third, Howie needs to be kicked to the curb with extreme prejudice.

Fourth, I'm fine with a new GM deciding on Wentz as well.

Fifth, you can't like the Giants AND the Eagles. It's against the law.

Agreed with all, except for #4 I’d want the coach to decide on Wentz, whether that is Doug or a new HC. But if Doug stays and he sticks with Wentz only to see him play like garbage again next season, then he definitely needs to be fired. 

1 minute ago, nipples said:

Agreed with all, except for #4 I’d want the coach to decide on Wentz, whether that is Doug or a new HC. But I’d Doug stays and he sticks with Wentz only to see him play like garbage again next season, then he definitely needs to be fired. 

I think that’s fair. If Doug is kept and allowed to be an actual head coach, I do have my concerns that he and Wentz could have a fractured relationship, especially if reports are true that Wentz isn’t coachable. I don’t see a successful working relationship involving those two going forward. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I think that’s fair. If Doug is kept and allowed to be an actual head coach, I do have my concerns that he and Wentz could have a fractured relationship, especially if reports are true that Wentz isn’t coachable. I don’t see a successful working relationship involving those two going forward. 

I don’t either but I’m just a firm believer in the coach deciding who to play. I’m also not convinced that Doug is even the one making the call on Carson right now. His frustration could be that he’s been told to stay with Wentz and feels pressure that his own fate lies in Carson’s hands. Bring in a new GM and let Doug make the call in his QB...  if he’d rather roll with Hurts, they either make Wentz an expensive backup or (even better) get him shipped off to Indy. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, nipples said:

I don’t either but I’m just a firm believer in the coach deciding who to play. I’m also not convinced that Doug is even the one making the call on Carson right now. His frustration could be that he’s been told to stay with Wentz and feels pressure that his own fate lies in Carson’s hands. Bring in a new GM and let Doug make the call in his QB...  if he’d rather roll with Hurts, they either make Wentz an expensive backup or (even better) get him shipped off to Indy. 

Just to clarify, I want the coach deciding who to play also. What I was originally getting at was the GM deciding if Wentz should be here at all. Either to compete for the job, or decide if he’s too broken to remain. But yeah, I want the coach having autonomy over playing time decisions. His staff as well while I’m thinking of it. 

6 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Just to clarify, I want the coach deciding who to play also. What I was originally getting at was the GM deciding if Wentz should be here at all. Either to compete for the job, or decide if he’s too broken to remain. But yeah, I want the coach having autonomy over playing time decisions. His staff as well while I’m thinking of it. 

Yeah I get what you’re saying, I kind of think in regards to deciding if Wentz should even be here that should be a collaborative decision between the head coach and the GM. A good GM needs to talk with his coach and find out if he really thinks this player can work for him before making decisions about whether or not to trade him. On the flip side though, I can see where a GM who is going to be in charge of what is essentially a full rebuild needs to make some calls on players in order to give himself the flexibility to make the necessary moves. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nipples said:

Yeah I get what you’re saying, I kind of think in regards to deciding if Wentz should even be here that should be a collaborative decision between the head coach and the GM. A good GM needs to talk with his coach and find out if he really thinks this player can work for him before making decisions about whether or not to trade him. 

Fair enough. I’d agree with that. 

11 hours ago, Mike713 said:

I'm a Giants fan, but I also like the Eagles too if that makes sense. I have a lot of friends who are Eagles fans. I have a question for you all, do you guys really want to fire Doug Pederson? I know he has the tendency to go for it a lot, but you guys have made the playoffs 3 straight years and won the Super Bowl 3 years ago. I thought Pederson would be a God to Philly for that. 

If you guys should get rid of someone it should be Howie and Wentz. You could trade Wentz to the Colts and get assets for your rebuild. Just my take.

Wait, what??

How is this even possible?? You are telling us you like the G-Men AND the Eagles?? How is this even possible??

We all hate the cowgirls around here in these parts but the Giants are in the same division so that makes you at least an adversary so again....how is this even possible??

Most people around here want Howie gone yesterday but doug has shown us SINCE the superbowl who was the real mastermind behind that win and that was Frank Reich...I WOULD give doug some leeway but having one of the top RB's in the league and yet since failing to utilize that weapon has given me far too many memories of AR and his refusal to run as well as well as some other head scratching decisions he has made during this particular season. Our beloved team has been painful to watch and that's not a great feeling (as you SHOULD know by being a giants fan).....

But....wait, what??? HOW are you both a giants and Eagles fan AT THE SAME TIME SIR???

I don't want DP to go. I feel like he was handed a crazy difficult job, and up to this season was doing it damn well.

He sucked this year. But I am willing to give him another shot.

1) Welcome to the board

2) You guys are playing good football right now

3) Please don't let us back into the playoffs on the off chance we get our crap together.

• Like 4

Unlike many people here, I actually agree with you. Doug is an excellent HC, but most fans have short-term memory. Taking a team to 3 straight playoff appearances and the first SB ever is an incredible achievement. 

Has he been good this year? No, maybe not. But you owe him the opportunity to fix this as he's proven that he's capable. It's not easy to find a good coach, let alone someone who has been top 5 over the last 3 years. 

He just needs a good OC and his leadership and aggressiveness will translate into tons of wins. I certainly hope he stays, but this fanbase can be very cruel some times. 

To the OP (Giants Fan) -- welcome to the board.

My dirty little secret is if the Eagles don't make the playoffs, I actually cheer for whoever represents the NFC East. Unless it's the Cowboys.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, hoosierdaddy said:

My dirty little secret is if the Eagles don't make the playoffs, I actually cheer for whoever represents the NFC East. Unless it's the Cowboys.

That's actually fair, in my opinion. I dont hold any animosity towards the G-Men....its the cowgirls who I despise....

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Mike713 said:

I'm a Giants fan, but I also like the Eagles too if that makes sense. I have a lot of friends who are Eagles fans. I have a question for you all, do you guys really want to fire Doug Pederson? I know he has the tendency to go for it a lot, but you guys have made the playoffs 3 straight years and won the Super Bowl 3 years ago. I thought Pederson would be a God to Philly for that. 

If you guys should get rid of someone it should be Howie and Wentz. You could trade Wentz to the Colts and get assets for your rebuild. Just my take.

I don't want to fire Pederson. Not yet. You don't fire a SB winning coach because he had one losing season. The offense needs to be fixed and that starts with the O line. QB play will improve if the QB is protected and not the most sacked in the NFL. That's up to the new GM. Roseman put this team together and failed to address the O line after last season. Plus his draft picks have been bad. It can be turned around in a couple years. 

3 hours ago, GeorgeM37 said:

That's actually fair, in my opinion. I dont hold any animosity towards the G-Men....its the cowgirls who I despise....

I would never root for another NFC East team, it's like kissing your sister.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, hoosierdaddy said:

I root for them too

to be hit by a Fing meteor. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

First off, you can't like the Giants AND the Eagles. It's against the law.

Second, I'm fine with a new GM deciding on Doug. He's not without his warts, but I'd be ok with him not working under Howie. 

Third, Howie needs to be kicked to the curb with extreme prejudice.

Fourth, I'm fine with a new GM deciding on Wentz as well.

Fifth, you can't like the Giants AND the Eagles. It's against the law.

Sixth - all giants fans can eat a bowl full of aids infested hobo deeks

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Come in peace, leaves in flames. 🤣

He came in as a flame. Don’t blame that on us. 

• Haha 1

Hi OP.  Interesting take.

I think you'll find the sentiment around here is:

1. Doug's success in the superbowl year had mainly to do with his assistants.  If anything, we would like Reich / Flip back.
  2. Making the playoffs has had more to do with a little bit of good fortunate, not with the Doug.
  3. Howie has done a terrible job at assembling this team and absolutely should be fired.  

If I'm Jeff Lurie, Howie goes, and I bring in a new GM.  GM can figure out what he wants to do with Doug, but I think he will be on a very short leash if he stays.

G-men are probably going to the playoffs, enjoy that run after a bunch of down years.  Also, Eli sucks.